Units shouldn't always consumes "Energy"

A late World War II game which attempts to balance historical realism with a tactically complex model of battle.

Moderator: Content Developer

Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

I think the current ammo spending system is bit weird,
when the ammo is <99% it would immediatly consume "Energy"
to fill up its ammo stock.
I think when the ammo is about 25% that it should consume "Energy".
This way i think the ammo system would be much better handled
and that freshly new units wouldn't have to wait for long for its ammo
Godde

Re: Units shouldn't always consumes "Energy"

Post by Godde »

Karl wrote: when the ammo is <99% it would immediatly consume "Energy"
to fill up its ammo stock.
Yes. Units only drain "Energy", aka Supply, when they are in supply area and have less than full ammo.

Karl wrote:I think when the ammo is about 25% that it should consume "Energy".
That would mean that the units could only have 25% of the number of shells they currently or do you mean that that ammo refilled when the unit is above 25% ammo should be free?
Karl wrote:...freshly new units wouldn't have to wait for long for its ammo
I think that only mortars doesn't have time to fill up their ammo before they leave their barracks. Unless you are out of supplies offcourse then nothing will be filled with ammo.

Is your idea that when the supply level is below 25% units should only be refilled up to 25%?
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

I took it to mean that new units should be priortised for ammo supply. Or rather that all units should get some ammo even if none are full.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Well the current system makes the unit autmatically refill the Unit its ammo when it is less than 99% this means for example we got an sd.kfz 249 with an ammo of 100
it shoots 5 projectiles and is on a supply area.
That means he will immediatly stock up his supply after its current stock fall below <100%

Godde wrote:
Karl wrote:I think when the ammo is about 25% that it should consume "Energy".
That would mean that the units could only have 25% of the number of shells they currently or do you mean that that ammo refilled when the unit is above 25% ammo should be free?
[/qoute]
I mean when they got about 25% (more or less depending how much ammo a unit can carry) that they will refill their stock this would make less Supply waste, and leaving the supply for more important units
Godde

Post by Godde »

Karl wrote: I mean when they got about 25% (more or less depending how much ammo a unit can carry) that they will refill their stock this would make less Supply waste, and leaving the supply for more important units
When would a unit refill up to hundred 100% then? Would they be 100% filled after the come out of the factory and only start to rearm once their ammo is below 25% and then refilling all the way up to 100%?
What units are important? How does a player take advantage of this? How does this stop waste of supply? What is waste of supply? The only good examples, for waste of supply, is when units die, still have ammo left and when 10 tanks shoot all at once against a single infantry man. Your idea(if I perceive it correctly) would reduce the problem of the first one but it will make units overkill alot more frequently. I even put some of my tanks on holdfire fire every now and then because of that.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Godde wrote: When would a unit refill up to hundred 100% then?.
At a defined parameter on units.#lua/fbi

Yes and i think there should give a percent change that a destroyed Tank leaves a wrack with some few ammos

Return to “Spring: 1944”