Balanced Annihilation 7.50 - Page 2

Balanced Annihilation 7.50

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Regret

Re: Balanced Annihilation 7.50

Post by Regret »

Yay for emp bomber. Boo for inability to load the emped army by default. :c

Maybe emped units could always be loaded by any side?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I approve of this release more than I approved of the last release. Good job.

thefirstdude

Post by thefirstdude »

It seems as though this is another buggy release... :(
Manmax

Post by Manmax »

What I love especially in this release is the care that was given to little-used units so as to make them more appealing (eg. Gremlin). That really enriches the game.

Thank you all for your hard work.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

thefirstdude wrote:It seems as though this is another buggy release... :(
Care to elaborate?
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

Deadnight Warrior

Post by Deadnight Warrior »

Nixa wrote:Don't forget Deadknight, VBS and nixtux these guys do alot too.
I find it fascinating how people always manage to misspell my seflimposed nickname. Actually they're convinced they wrote it correctly.

And regarding the BA deving, I'm on a break for some time till I finish my B.Sc. thesis, deadlines are on the horizon. Don't expect to see many commits, just that one with construction unit's open/close animation (when I convert it from XTA).

The prime reason why I avoid the balance discussion/commits is... I actually don't play BA, but XTA :twisted:. So I have no idea how certain situations might be OP or not. But being Adv. BA dev at the same time I found shitload of small bugs, that when fixed will automatically reflect on Adv. BA so I don't have to make fixes limited to the mutator only (which should be in the main mod in the first place).
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Seems like it's not a long way from whines to praises.

Just wanted to say it's been fun to follow this debate.
Regret wrote:Yay for emp bomber. Boo for inability to load the emped army by default. :c
But isn't it 'commander only' by default?
Gota

Post by Gota »

So any chance T1->T2 transition will get some attention?
In open games and especially smaller games like 1v1's or 2v2 where you cant sacrifice your commander Transitioning to T2 is very problematic and usually does not happen.
In bigger team games however,it is extremely easy since you can self d your commander for 2.5K metal.

How about making the commander wreckage be only 2k metal and also decrease the costs of T2 labs by say 250 - 350 metal and the appropriate ratios of build time and energy....
T2 mexes can also become a bit more expensive just so it is not easier to get to T2 mexes than before.

This will help smaller games have T2 in more occasions while not making it much easier to get T2 in big games.
Last edited by Gota on 30 May 2011, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
[PinK]8D

Post by [PinK]8D »

looks better thx
Last edited by [PinK]8D on 30 May 2011, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

GJ guys, this seems much nicer.
Regret

Post by Regret »

SirArtturi wrote:But isn't it 'commander only' by default?
Guess I misunderstood the option. For some reason I thought it was 'commander only' == only commander can get napped.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

So, that 125hp is for both tier fighters, right? So fighters still have a pretty big health-nerf overall, but not to the obscenely low 50hp levels.

Also, I notice the Samson/Slasher nerf remains. Looks good.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Regret wrote:
SirArtturi wrote:But isn't it 'commander only' by default?
Guess I misunderstood the option. For some reason I thought it was 'commander only' == only commander can get napped.
In your dreams mate :mrgreen:
[PinK]8D

Post by [PinK]8D »

just seen one thing. mexes not using energy is wrong thing ;/ can we move this back too?
Last edited by [PinK]8D on 30 May 2011, 23:14, edited 2 times in total.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

[PinK]8D wrote:just seen one thing. mexes not using energy is wrong thing ;/ can we move this back too?
For the record, I personally agree with this too
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

+1
albator

Post by albator »

It looks like a lot of modifications of 7.4x wrt. 7.31 have been partially reversed. Most of them were asked by a lot of players. Aactually, I find almost all what i posted here http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 3&start=40, except they have not all been fully reversed but damped (wrt 7.4x) for most of them.

Now, I think that just a shame that poeple had to bauw so much so dev finally reverse changes. So I would like to know if you change your mind about asking poeple that know about balance before releasing or not.

Cause right now I just have the feeling the only single reason why the modifications were reversed are because dev realize almost noone was playing it. Please, prove me that I am wrong (and that you actaully asked to pips that know about balance before releasing it) if you want players to continue to give you feedbacks, otherwise it just feels useless and you will anyway be able to change BA balance whatever the way you like proceeding steps by steps, like you kinda did here, by taking 100 and giving back 50 to make everyone happy. (Still I find most of new change (not the reverted changes) like ones about Goli, heavy artery ... are going toward the good direction)

Of course, everyone appreciate the great work that all dev are doing to BA but pips are not playing BA for the beauty of the models or the animations..... but for the game-play, and if you loose that you will eventually loose the player that play for the game play...
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Personally I think the e-stall-mex thing is a brutal newbtrap and the game would be better if it's gone, but I'm not a newb so it's not exactly bugging me directly.
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

I would find it interesting to see if these changes would have received a warm reception if 7.42 never existed...

Oh and just a note, whilst most of us had some discussion before the release, any changes that actually made it in to this release were decided by TFC and Beherith.The only reason I'm pointing this out is noone hunts me out in lobby and get all abusive, especially considering I never made any changes in the first place! I don't have time for it, nor do I understand bad english.

As beherith pointed out, BA is not a democracy :twisted:

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”