May & More Moderators - Page 2

May & More Moderators

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

knorke

Re: May & More Moderators

Post by knorke »

In case anyone cares, I am mostly interessted in modding Spring but not so much in modding it.
:roll:
Motivation to be mod was basically seeing stickied threads with "modding links" or whatnot. Even though they were outdated nobody fixed or unstickied them.
Instead of pressing "report" all the time I figured I could just change it myself.
Because what is the use if the wiki (slowly) gets updated but there are topics around that say
How can I make my project show up in multiplayer?
You will need a modinfo.tdf, here is an example...

funfact:
modinfo.tdf does not work since over a year, only modinfo.lua does. (as can be seen http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=21811)

Also will try to fix things that imo make a forum annoying to read, like changing a newbs copy&paste infolog to pastebin, renaming badly named topics ("help!"), those kind of things.

I won't care much about offtopic in offtopic forum or drama as long it does not get too bad. Others might. No pm'ing if you got dgunned while reclaiming your allys fusion.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i wish i got messages like that; always hilarious, and i like to listen.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

You're both putting forward exactly the kind of moderation needed, imo 8)
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Hey, make me mod too, i will invent a limerick-sunday, were every post not rhyming will be instantly deleted. Cant wait to see rhyming code.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

kaiser said i should be mod.
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

PicassoCT wrote:Hey, make me mod too, i will invent a limerick-sunday, were every post not rhyming will be instantly deleted. Cant wait to see rhyming code.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Wombat wrote:kaiser said i should be mod.
with the current requirements for a mod, you can, and you will be a mod sooner or later.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

if you've a problem with the moderation team or forum rules, it's only a PM away to make a statement.

if there is some problem, and you don't call attention to it, then its all on you. posting on this forum is a privilege; moderators exist to cull trolls, to keep posts on-topic, and to MODERATE. i dont want to be a mod; i DO want this forum to be a calm, friendly place condusive to work. AFAIK the current requirements for someone to be a mod are to have a vested interest in progress for the spring project be it with the engine, its games, or its community.

again, if you're somehow upset with current moderation; making a complaint or request is literally a click away. having trouble grasping your low opinion tbh; if this forum is so awful, just don't come back?

edit: i realize that post looks like i'm aiming it at trademark; not at all... just stating my opinion and the approach i'm taking. sorry if theres confusion.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

KaiserJ wrote:if you've a problem with the moderation team or forum rules, it's only a PM away to make a statement.
that would just give me another board warning for harassing moderators. possibly a ban too.
KaiserJ wrote:having trouble grasping your low opinion tbh; if this forum is so awful, just don't come back?
first you want me to make report, now you want me to fuck off because "this forum is so awful". decide which one you want, improve the forum or make people leave ?
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Basically you're saying users are not to threaten you by publicly discussing moderation. This is very similar to how a dictatorship works.
smoth

Post by smoth »

There is a difference between questioning something and harassment trademark. You do know the difference it isn't that grey. If you want to raise a question that isn't harassment but it probably should be without all the profanity and insults.

This isn't democracy cheesecan.
There is a difference between questioning reasonably and the cursing and raging. Don't even get me started on the people who try and guilt their way out of disciplinary actions. Also to raise boo hoo dictatorship on a forum, please don't use such a term as it evokes typhus of torture, rape and murder which is disproportionate when we are talking about not being able to post on a webpage. Seriously, if this is a major injustice to you I would hate to see you reaction to the real world injustices we endure on a daily basis
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

my first point is that for the most part, people seem happy with the moderation here. and no, you could make a forum post if you really wanted to; people have in the past, and will in the future.

my second point is WHY would you stay in a community that you feel is bad WITHOUT making a solid objection; if there is a problem... is making off-color remarks in this thread really the way to deal with it? you aren't doing yourself any favors, and for the perspective of someone who would like everyone to be happy here, you aren't doing me any favors either

my point is not to argue with you. moderators are here to help you, regardless of whether you take advantage of said help or not.

you really think i'm trying to make this a dictatorship and change the dynamic of the community somehow? man, thats harsh; the only reason i'm doing this is because people nominated me... i never asked... i figured if people thought i could do a job and had the trust in me to follow through, then i would honor their belief.

and again : if you want change, its on you. PM moderators, or if you feel threatened enough that you don't think you'll be treated fairly, then make a thread. don't paint me as a bad guy without giving me a chance to help you
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

kais is hawt when he wears his modmask.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

And here I falsely believed you were the noble fanbearers of democracy and all things american, how can you have such a mubarakforum!

You eat pretzels, cookies and cakes while we starve on breadcrumbs!

The people demand a revolution! Free sheep ! Down with kaiser, he is a nazi sympatizer! We have to free ourselves before they ship us all to the concentration camps!
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

if you would learn to bake bred, and do it, you could have full bred. there are free ingreds for everyone!
Last edited by hoijui on 03 Jun 2011, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Well I don't like the sound of these 'ere boncentration bamps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmGknvr_Pg

Return to “General Discussion”