Balanced Annihilation 7.42 - Page 3

Balanced Annihilation 7.42

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

BaNa

Re: Balanced Annihilation 7.42

Post by BaNa »

Am not happy with most of the balance changes.

- Removed 50% damage reduction from pitbull/viper when closed

Why?

- EMP launcher range reduced to match that of LRPC (6000 -> 4000)

Whats up with the EMP hate? EMP bomber taken out, EMP missile range reduced. Why?

Why make anti have infinite stockpile? If you want to go that way, make it so 1 anti blocks 1 nuke, 2 antis block 2 nukes and so on. Infinite stockpile is just silly.

I am not happy about comnap being taken out, in a suitably high level game, dropping 5 levelers or flash around a com and going for the nap was one of the sweetest tactics.

I see in the detailed changelog that all of these balance changes where commited by Niobium. Was he the one who came up with them or is there some kind of policy here?
Last edited by BaNa on 24 May 2011, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i like how things that were present ingame for couple of years got suddenly removed and after 3 pages op still doesnt bothers to explain why D:
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I only updated my autohost to test out the changes which in the end we couldn't do due to the game crashing anytime somebody pressed the z key... Will downgrade when I get home as I also disagree with a lot of these changes. Alba was right, BA is now being taillored to suit big dsd games. Do not want.
mcgoo

Post by mcgoo »

works with disabled mex. thx so far
Petah

Post by Petah »

I expressed my dislike of the changes made and my post was removed.

That was not very nice!

Once again I say, I do not agree with most of these changes.
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

Well I didn't come up with any of these changes nor do i agree with all of them...

But I just played a FFA game it is was alot more fun (and quicker) with these changes. Hardly makes me qualified to comment I'd have to watch a few more.

I suggest you try before you moan, once you've played a few games feel free to moan. The one thing I noticed is that almost all the players in the game liked the changes too... Most of whom aren't represented on this forum...

So to the devs, I would go get the opinions from players that have tried it rather than that of this standard forum group that see any change as an act from satan.

... and I think FFA counts as a "small game" (dworld was the map, 10 of the 12 players were vets)
Masure

Post by Masure »

Nixa wrote:... Hardly makes me qualified to comment I'd have to watch a few more...
This
Last edited by Masure on 24 May 2011, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
Masure

Post by Masure »

Could a BA dev give motive for the changes ? People don't understand most of them.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

it should at least be a BA 8.0
Niobium

Post by Niobium »

Wombat wrote:i like how things that were present ingame for couple of years got suddenly removed and after 3 pages op still doesnt bothers to explain why D:
Masure wrote:Could a BA dev give motive for the changes ? People don't understand most of them.
Here you go
smoth

Post by smoth »

Petah wrote:I expressed my dislike of the changes made and my post was removed.

That was not very nice!

Once again I say, I do not agree with most of these changes.
I read that post it wasn't anything remotely polite
[PinK]8D

Post by [PinK]8D »

why not make new mod with those changes & look how it works.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

I find it deliciously ironic that while the balance changes were made to suit badsd, the dsd only server hasnt updated the mod :D
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

reading chat when ppl knew about the changes, priceless :P
smoth

Post by smoth »

Not all of them were. I find it sad that these guys are finally working on fixing all these issues and people mostly bitch instead of looking at all of the positives. Could you guys TRY to mix in a bit more positive? A lot of these changes took some real work and rather thanscream for reversion or "you ruined" can you consider more constructive replies?
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

smoth wrote:Not all of them were. I find it sad that these guys are finally working on fixing all these issues and people mostly bitch instead of looking at all of the positives. Could you guys TRY to mix in a bit more positive? A lot of these changes took some real work and rather thanscream for reversion or "you ruined" can you consider more constructive replies?
Don't hold your breath, this forum community is the most negative I've ever seen in my life and that's something that will never change :lol:

Sad thing is most of the spring community aren't represented here and I don't blame them for not wanted to be.
Last edited by Nixa on 24 May 2011, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i like these changes overall, but i dont see any reason why emp bomber should be removed... its used very often, so what else?
but, im trying ;_;

also like i said, the way this changelog is constructed is just terribad
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Couldn't the EMP bomber simply be nerfed into a regular bomber that just drops stun-bombs but is cheaper or something?
Masure

Post by Masure »

smoth wrote:Not all of them were. I find it sad that these guys are finally working on fixing all these issues and people mostly bitch instead of looking at all of the positives. Could you guys TRY to mix in a bit more positive? A lot of these changes took some real work and rather thanscream for reversion or "you ruined" can you consider more constructive replies?
I'm not one of those bitching for a single minor change in my priceless BA. This version includes major changes in the gameplay fundaments. You talk about "fixing" in an very affirmative way, this means something's broken but you don't provide any clue for that.

The work implied is not a valid argument to push a flawed change. If an employee did something bad at work which took a month, I don't care it took a month, it has to be done right.

Don't make me look like the guy who's always against changes.

edit : You're talking like a game developer that put hard work in it, which I understand. Do you actualy play BA, I didn't see you ingame ?
Last edited by Masure on 24 May 2011, 16:59, edited 2 times in total.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

not to mention that removing unit got nothing to do with fixing it.

also remove its stealth ability so fighters react faster

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”