Core Exercises With A Fitness Ball - Page 2

Core Exercises With A Fitness Ball

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Panda

Re: Core Exercises With A Fitness Ball

Post by Panda »

PicassoCT wrote:Anoying thing with muscles is that you got to use them every three days, ore they will atrophy, wither away.
:( I hope I don't loose muscle mass too quickly, I seem to do that pretty easily if I don't keep up with the weightlifting and I go back to being just slim.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Unless you sit in a chair all day long and do nothing, you are always using your muscles.

Muscle upkeep also requires that you maintain your calorie intake.
Panda

Post by Panda »

I certainly don't sit in my chair all day long.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Did you know that around 15 % of the calories you eat can get used up by your brain? So even if you sit all day, and think, you can burn sugar like a powerplant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain#Brai ... onsumption
Panda

Post by Panda »

I didn't know that, but I'm sure that, even if it is true, it would still be best to try and take care of your overall health and maintain homeostasis as well. After all, the body protects the brain and if homeostasis within the body is not relatively well maintained, the brain will be negatively affected along with the body.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Dunno, the biobot that came with the brain-equipment, carrying it along ever since, takes pretty much care of itself. Why worry? My looks dont have to impress anybody(the brain, not the mechas carrying it, or course)...

Srsly, i work at saturdays (real hard, handson work), and i walk, whenever i need some ideas. thats all. Pretty much not problems so far. (one work accident, damaging left leg [but is nearly unnoticeable under normal circumstances]) Must be enough.
Panda

Post by Panda »

To gain acquired immunity (built up resistance) to illnesses. There are 2 parts of the immune system. Acquired immunity is the job of the lymphatic system which also helps maintain homeostasis and keep the body functioning properly. Exercise helps maintain the health of the lymphatic system and therefore can help improve a person's acquired immunity to illness.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Today is Friday

Tomorrow is Saturday

There won't be a day after that!
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

go post all
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i'm really not sure where i can go further with this thread without some kind of animation; do you mind if i micheal bay your tooth and nail against the ball just a smidge?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

KaiserJ wrote:i'm really not sure where i can go further with this thread
kittens time ?
Panda

Post by Panda »

8)

Riding on jet skies is awesome and good exercise too! I just got to do that yesterday and got up to 40 mph. I was singing the pirate song from "Pirates of the Caribbean" too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY
smoth

Post by smoth »

do it rong and get hurt.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Yea. I would think that you would really have to be careful to not hurt your knees and back while doing a bunch of reps of those exercises.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Personally I have a set of modular dumbells in my bedroom (10kg to 20kg) that I use for 15 mins before bed. Been going about three months now, and at the expense of having permamently sore shoulders and arms the effect has been pretty dramatic. between that, cycling and situps/crunches I dont see why any man would use equipment and gyms unless he was trying to become a serious bodybuilder
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

The gym is nice if you live in a small apartment and don't have room for a barbell and rack.

Learning to squat isn't hard, it's a natural movement and you can start off with just the bar. In Asia everyone squats when they take a dump, but most western people have reduced flexibility in the hamstrings because they rarely squat. Deadlifts I wouldn't recommend without an instructor.

Deadlift and squat are considered the best exercises for building overall body strength, not just something bodybuilders do but a routine done by most power athletes.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Panda wrote:Yea. I would think that you would really have to be careful to not hurt your knees and back while doing a bunch of reps of those exercises.
Make sure you get a qualified instructor to teach you proper form.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Das Bruce wrote:
Panda wrote:Yea. I would think that you would really have to be careful to not hurt your knees and back while doing a bunch of reps of those exercises.
Make sure you get a qualified instructor to teach you proper form.
I practiced those dead lifts with Smoth using hand weights. They're good exercises.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”