He died? - Page 3

He died?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Re: He died?

Post by AF »

smoth

Post by smoth »

SpliFF wrote:That would make YOU the conspiracy nut - since you seem to imply that there's a conspiracy of people trying to discredit honest politicians who are simply going about their daily business of assassinating people and disposing of bodies where no-one will ever find them.
issues man, you have them. so because I don't prescribe to a conspiracy you are going to assign one to me? GG, thanks for making my mind up for me. I have my own beliefs and questions about many governments but I just keep my mouth shut as it is opinion and not fact. I refuse to state my opinion as fact, unlike you. Your consistent assertion that your view is the singular correct one is unhealthy. It is good to question, it is bad to already have your mind made about things.

If all scientists started with fore-drawn conclusions they would skew results to make their test match what they want it to. OH wait that already happens with cellular towers and corporation funded research.... uh oh going into conspiracy territory.. Which is my point of course people corrupt things all the time but just because the box says apple and the last one had a ripe apple inside doesn't me the next one isn't empty.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

Actually.. I think spliff was being skeptical. Ofc I can't tell you for sure what he was thinking.. (I'm skeptical)

What precedent is there to have the body buried at sea? Is this normal? required?
smoth

Post by smoth »

I don't know, I have not read anything yet to give me any clear idea. I am holding out for more details. In the end we will never know the truth and details will surface in time. Some will be bullshit and some will be true.

I feel that spliff borders on and exhibits signs of unhealthy skepticism. I have my suspicions about all of this. Even if we had a body it could be a look alike, tests and records can be forged, etc. Honestly I would be unable to spot him in a crowd of similar looking Muslims. Hell I would not recognize shoji kawamori in a crowd of Japanese men nor would I recognize tomino(one of gundam's key creators) in a crowd. I think there is emotion inspliffs asserts which indicates a vested interest in this stuff and he has a propensity to make assertions on a particular slant wrt ideology similar to forb but not as string as lathan used to
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

wiki has a fairly good artcile explaining what went down without any fawx news style BS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

seems america went and did this without informing the pakistan goverment first, who started scrambling jets for massive diplomatic fail. Pakisan seem like pretty cool guys, setting obama bid ladin up with a large compound in the capital, 10 mins from a large military establisment, in a nation riddled with military checkpoint and martial law.. 'oh, but we didnt know he was there, honest LOL'
Gota

Post by Gota »

Bin laden dead...WTF ...
Who will free us from the Matrix now?
All we are left with is roaming around the same internet spots with the uneasy feeling that we dont belong in the "real world", searching for a way to escape it but never finding it...
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:wiki has a fairly good artcile explaining what went down without any fawx news style BS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

seems america went and did this without informing the pakistan goverment first, who started scrambling jets for massive diplomatic fail. Pakisan seem like pretty cool guys, setting obama bid ladin up with a large compound in the capital, 10 mins from a large military establisment, in a nation riddled with military checkpoint and martial law.. 'oh, but we didnt know he was there, honest LOL'
On the one hand, yes the Pakistani government should be embarrassed that Osama was hiding out in such comfort in their country.

On the other hand, running roughshod over the already-unpopular-for-being-friendly-with-the-West Pakistani government is going to create a diplomatic nightmare.

The Pakistani populace, many of whom are... let's just say... "soft" on terrorists like Bin Laden, are going to be very, very unhappy about unplanned American military raids in their country, and they're going to have expectations of their government.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Although i participate in such discussions as well, I cant sometimes think that they are retarded...
Some, usually uninformed noobs talking, discussing and making conclusions about all sorts of things they have no idea about...
smoth

Post by smoth »

Gota wrote:Bin laden dead...WTF ...
Who will free us from the Matrix now?
All we are left with is roaming around the same internet spots with the uneasy feeling that we dont belong in the "real world", searching for a way to escape it but never finding it...
The martryx has you
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Pxtl wrote: The Pakistani populace, many of whom are... let's just say... "soft" on terrorists like Bin Laden, are going to be very, very unhappy about unplanned American military raids in their country, and they're going to have expectations of their government.
I'm pretty sure those expectations wont involve military action, unless Pakistan hasn't been following whats left of the last arabic countries that went to war with the red white and blue
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Killing a guest of the pakistani military will not go unpunished. The guestright is holy in islam! ;D
SpliFF

Post by SpliFF »

smoth wrote:I feel that spliff borders on and exhibits signs of unhealthy skepticism.
When it comes to politics no amount of skepticism is unhealthy.

My opinions aren't radical either, here is an Australian QC (a high-profile lawyer) accusing Barack Obama of murder (ABC News).

I'm also not the only one skeptical about bin ladens guilt in regards to 9/11. As far as I know the intelligence that caused Bush to claim he did it has still not been released or confirmed independently, even though 10 years have past. I'm also mindful of the fact that Bush also claimed he was hiding out in Iraq and numerous other claims that have been conclusively proven to be outright lies.

I don't understand how anyone can accept Bush lied about matters of national security to promote two different wars but not accept the whole basis of the war on terror is probably a lie as well.

Most of "bin laden"'s announcements since 9/11 have come in the lead-up to a U.S. election and basically been pushed in the media to support the incumbent.

According to reports bin laden was unarmed when he was shot. Had he been put on trial like is required by International law it's entirely possible American's would have learned some uncomfortable truths.

As an Australian I'm outraged. We've been forced to tow the line and support the war on terror and now the U.S. have once again acted unilaterally and prevented us from independently verifying if the whole purpose of these wars has any validity or if we've just spent billions of dollars chasing a patsy for 10 years.

The trouble with "waiting for all the details" is you miss the really interesting "truth-building" process. What's happening now is the same thing I saw during the 9/11 aftermath. The "official story" was actually a fluid thing that changed from day to day. There were some real gems in there like claims of terrorist passports being found in the trade center debris and different versions of why the planes weren't shot down. There were even different versions of the passenger manifests for the planes. My point is there was a real feeling that the whitehouse was just making it all up as they went along and quietly redacting the less believable parts of the story when they got called out on their bullshit. The mainstream press seemed to have no issue with publishing conflicting versions of the same claim and calling both claims the truth.

Finally smoth, calling bullshit on habitual bullshitters isn't an ideology, it's just plain speaking. If I have any ideology in regards to Americans it's pity. They're being robbed blind and sent into pointless wars by the people that are supposed to protect them and the worst part is the majority don't even seem to realise it.
smoth

Post by smoth »

all of your anger and frustration do what? Nothing. You have the power to change what? nothing. The people in control have the affluence to be above the law. You are smart enough to know this is nothing new. So you get upset over it to what end? Nothing. I don't see you with the power to change any of this any more than I. Want to say oh well one person can make a difference, sure, if that person has the money to. You don't, I don't, you are spinning your wheels raging over something you have 0 control over. You talk shit about the Americans and how they are so pitiful, arrogant condescension. You are in the same boat I am, in the same boat every non-elite that is born outside of the dynastic wealth that controls the world and any pursuit of "truth" if you can call it that is just pissing away what little time you have on this world.

finally:
When it comes to politics no amount of skepticism is unhealthy.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Yeah like who cares really, we have more soap operas to see and more computer games to play. Leave da politiks to da big men in expensive suits.

It's funs to be a peasant in our day and age, ye sure the bastards still collect our money and call it "taxes" but we can steal back from them and even break into their shits and rummage through their databases now and again to see what they're up to.

Whenever we begin to feel small we can travel to other places of the world and get happy by reminding ourselves some other people have it worse than we do.

Fo shizzle mah nizzle
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

See, there I was in India, having a nice time on the beach. Then this Arab washes ashore, right? 4 or 5 gunshot wounds, so I ask him "Hey, mate.... you need a hospital?". He shook his head, and wandered away, muttering something about "Revenge."

;)
SpliFF

Post by SpliFF »

What a surprise :roll:
Claims that the al-Qaeda leader had died while firing an automatic weapon at commandos were withdrawn, with President Barack ObamaÔÇÖs spokesman admitting ÔÇ£he was unarmedÔÇØ. A dramatic description of bin Laden using his wife as a ÔÇ£human shieldÔÇØ and forcing her to sacrifice her life also proved to be false.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

smoth

Post by smoth »

SpliFF wrote:What a surprise :roll:
Claims that the al-Qaeda leader had died while firing an automatic weapon at commandos were withdrawn, with President Barack ObamaÔÇÖs spokesman admitting ÔÇ£he was unarmedÔÇØ. A dramatic description of bin Laden using his wife as a ÔÇ£human shieldÔÇØ and forcing her to sacrifice her life also proved to be false.
Funny how you talked about the distortion yet details are surfacing. Even still being killed =martr =greater fame for the guy. Pretty much the same shit that drove the columbine kids.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Cheesecan wrote:Yeah like who cares really, we have more soap operas to see and more computer games to play. Leave da politiks to da big men in expensive suits.

It's funs to be a peasant in our day and age, ye sure the bastards still collect our money and call it "taxes" but we can steal back from them and even break into their shits and rummage through their databases now and again to see what they're up to.

Whenever we begin to feel small we can travel to other places of the world and get happy by reminding ourselves some other people have it worse than we do.

Fo shizzle mah nizzle
Yep, this.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

bobthedinosaur wrote:Can the NATO force's leave Afghanistan now?
Nope, we broke it, we don't get to leave until we've fixed it.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”