Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 378

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Wombat

Re: Random WIP

Post by Wombat »

phew just 60 more to go
knorke

Post by knorke »

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Knorke your thumb is unrealistic- its got to be way moar blue and bloody from all the texturing work that awaits poor wombat. But beautifull machines wombat

Picture unrelated: Its the Scumslumblock, who is starting to reassemble its hl2 relative.

Attachments
scumintheworx.jpg
(117.54 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

knorke wrote:omg I found a use for the demonaut, it can visualize the new spring tanks AI: (2v2 game orange+purple VS yellow+blue)
top image: old, bottom image: improved
old AI only attacked the nearest enemy. New tweak makes units only go for the flag if an allied unit is near. If they are alone, they try to drive to an allied unit so that they can attack togeher. It is quite lol if you have an AI ally and it follows your units.
ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Ants in my penis! Must be great ANTicipation tingling
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

so, i was thinking about making some map since a long time. since i know shit about it, ill do 3d for heightmap + 3d features. would like to know if everything is possible before i waste my life on it.

i know its pooish, atm its concept.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

sure, that can work. pipe area looks good, "natural" terrain looks decent too but be wary of making the map too hilly; ATM theres not much area that can have structures built on it.

the bridge and buildings would need to be features though in their current state

to make those particular features part of the heightmap you'd need...

-for the buildings they would need slightly angled sides. i've found that an 80 degree angle is about the best you can do for a vertical-ish surface with a reasonable looking texture

-for the bridge, extend the bottom down so there isn't a gap and bevel the edges slightly to flare the base (and allow for less texture stretching like on the buildings

ofc you could do them as features, but if you do them as part of the heightmap, then units can be placed on them (isn't that so much more fun?) anyways if you need help, you know how to find me

maybe beherith would spare us a quick "cavity map from 3d mesh with xnormal" tutorial, i've done it but i think i did it wrong.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

PicassoCT wrote:Its the Scumslumblock, who is starting to reassemble its hl2 relative.
its a great model; almost identical to buildings near my home

and they're quite scummy, my friend lived in one and this girl coming to visit us ended up riding the elevator up to his floor with police tactical team; turned out that a guy at the other end of the hall had sliced up an old man and killed his dog with a boxcutter for a few hundred dollars worth of drugs

anyways, very nice work
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

KaiserJ wrote:
PicassoCT wrote:Its the Scumslumblock, who is starting to reassemble its hl2 relative.
its a great model; almost identical to buildings near my home

and they're quite scummy, my friend lived in one and this girl coming to visit us ended up riding the elevator up to his floor with police tactical team; turned out that a guy at the other end of the hall had sliced up an old man and killed his dog with a boxcutter for a few hundred dollars worth of drugs

anyways, very nice work
Its one of the ironys that such - social housing creates somehow way more social problems then slums itself, were people live so cramed together that nobody can get on each others throat without other people nearby.

Materials/Securitybudgetstorage: Hope it catches atmo
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/City_17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2374ZJ5eyU
Attachments
storagewip.jpg
(246.56 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

I was digging through my hard drive and found what is like the second or third model I ever made.

I think I was giving Smoth a run for his money :wink:
Attachments
Old Gundam.png
(25.14 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

I would like to see smoths expression, when you announce the production of the "true" gundam mod, you ve been working on in secret.

INB4 AnimeInfight
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

terrible
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

PicassoCT wrote:I would like to see smoths expression, when you announce the production of the "true" gundam mod, you ve been working on in secret.
I'm guessing it'd look a little like this:
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i bet he is jelly
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Just played Sanadas Gundam Mod - its awesome. Dig this footage- i mean, its "just" a modified cartoonshader of conflict terra on some gundammodells, but the result looks like a anime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DcI3T6kEJY

Great work Sanada
smoth

Post by smoth »

oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Is that a type of guntank?

NGK Bomber on the left for scale.
And from left to right:
Bomber, Fighter, Gunship, Transport.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21451998/develo ... anes.wings

I found knorke's last review extremely helpful and was hoping to gather some insight on these units.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Wolf-In-Exile

Post by Wolf-In-Exile »

Something i've been working on for my portfolio, unlit diffuse only atm, 3DMax viewport screenshot.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

nice model/texture; what are your viewport settings? mine always looks like crap

Return to “Art & Modelling”