League of Legends - Page 14

League of Legends

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Valheru

Re: League of Legends

Post by Valheru »

Holy sweet jesus, best baron steal evar?

I go "i think theyre getting baron, ill go check it out."
I wander thru the jungle up on the ledge above baron.
See katarina do her teleport thing.
Drop a glacial storm and a flash frost from the safety of the ledge.
Drop baron AND their kassadin, and walk away :D

Anivia is a God.
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

i like veigar, haven't played him in a while, but the feeling of having 1200 AP is pretty amazing :D
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Valheru wrote:Holy sweet jesus, best baron steal evar?

I go "i think theyre getting baron, ill go check it out."
I wander thru the jungle up on the ledge above baron.
See katarina do her teleport thing.
Drop a glacial storm and a flash frost from the safety of the ledge.
Drop baron AND their kassadin, and walk away :D

Anivia is a God.
You think thats a good steal? I'm running top as Mundo, past the baron barrier and hear them batteling him right now. I throw my cleaver into barons direction, BAM ! GG! :-D
Valheru

Post by Valheru »

Not gonna lie thats pretty badass :p
smoth

Post by smoth »

Gotta respect tha cleaver.
Coresair

Post by Coresair »

I have gotten quite a few cannon barrage steals, but my favorite was and olaf axe throw steal....that made my day...
pintle

Post by pintle »

I saved 6300 ip for swain, but now galio is free on the eu server, and I'm really enjoying him.....any suggestions on which to buy?
smoth

Post by smoth »

Between to two or just suggestions in general?

also played 1 match today. Ally bails mid match to leaves 1 person(me) guarding a lane. Take 6 deaths getting up in level, finally have gear, proceed to have highest kills, get 3 turrets 2 structures all while one ashe is bitching that I am not helping... FEELS GOOD MAN.
Coresair

Post by Coresair »

I think galio is a neat champion, then again I have only seen him in action once....Swain is pretty good too, but I see alot of him, seems kind of a boring guy...

Hey if your ever on the NA server add Coresair :P
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

hehe i got 100k points, no need for me to buy anything other than malz
^.^ so its scrooge mcduck time

i might try ezreal; seems like a cool guy who doesnt afraid of anything
Gota

Post by Gota »

What champs you play with/own?
Mine:
Olaf, Kog'maw, Alistar, Lux, Xin.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

pintle wrote:I saved 6300 ip for swain, but now galio is free on the eu server, and I'm really enjoying him.....any suggestions on which to buy?
Galio used to be really really good but they nerfed him too much. His poke was incredible, cheap, long range and high dmg now its not bad but not really good either. His Ult used to deal TONS of damage now its very meh... besides if you have mercs you can run out of it before the damage part.

Swain is considered more viable atm. I find him pretty hard to use myself, which shouldnt discourage you from getting him though. Its kinda difficult to build because you need a big mana pool, survivability AND AP. And all 3 are difficult to get at once. Hope they will reduce the cost on his Ult.

edit:

since the majority of you guys are still new to the game I thought I'd post some useful links

http://www.solomid.net
Probably the best LoL-Blog at the moment, smart words by smart people. Also they recently introduced a guide section and the best part is that some really good players have written guides already. So really worth checking out, besides they have a huge archive of Vids by their Clanmembers, watching Westrice play Akali and Reginald playing Shaco shows you how little you know about the game.

http://www.leagueoflegendsstreams.com
List of most popular streams.

http://www.runeterra.com
Very good LoL-Community, interesting Blog, an own inhouse league (is in the beta phase right now)

http://www.leaguecraft.com
Tons of guides, be cautious though. Most of them are subpar. Even the ones that are high-rated are often not very good.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends
Whatever is funny/new/exciting/etc. you'll find it here.
Coresair

Post by Coresair »

Gota wrote:What champs you play with/own?
Mine:
Olaf, Kog'maw, Alistar, Lux, Xin.
Olaf, Gangplank, Corki and Gragas......
Gota

Post by Gota »

Iv been trying to play Olaf "properly" i.e. jungling but its hard...
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i've got alistar, malphite, malzahar and morgana
pintle

Post by pintle »

TMO you realise you can stop the channel on Galio's ult and deal the damage? (like nunu)
Valheru

Post by Valheru »

pintle could you send me a message on LoL when youre free for a few minutes, was hoping you could give me some guidance on using veigar :) i have the basics nailed but am nowhere near pro yet!
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

pintle wrote:TMO you realise you can stop the channel on Galio's ult and deal the damage? (like nunu)
We had an early teamfight, I was Ashe. Galio ulted me and it took me like 50% HP, I stayed there throughout the whole duration. And I was really squishie.
pintle

Post by pintle »

It is crap in 1v1 TMO, the damage scales hugely from the number of targets in range, doubly so with the potential 80% damage modifier based on number of hits taken (lolol moar atk spd champions pls). It is a complete waste to use it in solo lane, unless you have already harassed the enemy down to <50% hp, and you are confident you can land your combo after/immediately before. (This is all IMHO based entirely on my experience in ~6 games with galio).

Bought Swain, I think he is pretty easy to score a lane kill with once you have your combo up, doubly so if you rush deathfire grasp, but then you are pretty fragile without a RoA. The thing I am not sure about him is levelling Q or E as a priority.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

TheMightyOne wrote:
pintle wrote:TMO you realise you can stop the channel on Galio's ult and deal the damage? (like nunu)
We had an early teamfight, I was Ashe. Galio ulted me and it took me like 50% HP, I stayed there throughout the whole duration. And I was really squishie.
pintle wrote:The thing I am not sure about him is levelling Q or E as a priority.
E is your main dmg source.
R>E>Q>W (1 lvl of W at 4)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”