BA model replacements - Page 27

BA model replacements

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

momfreeek

Re: BA model replacements

Post by momfreeek »

wow, that ak is badass! Looks like he'd kick a zeus in the nuts any day of the week
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

It really looks good! Though maybe the head/cockpit should be more pronounced, so that you can actually see it in a normal zoom distance?
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

K so here is what all the kbots will generally look like. This is the ak.

So, if you dont like the style, speak now or forever...uh...be less happy with the game? :3
Attachments
Tada9.png
(431.51 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Tada1.png
(271.27 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I feel pretty good about it, keep up the good work?
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

The AK style is DIFFERENT, but I think it's fine.
Floris

Post by Floris »

as long as ak's and peewees look much weaker (and cheaper) than all other kbots its fine with me I guess.

gr8 job's
Regret

Post by Regret »

Mr. Bob wrote:K so here is what all the kbots will generally look like. This is the ak.
Keep in mind that they need to be easily distinguishable/unique enough at regular zoom distance. That AK looks badass btw.
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

Amazing job!
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

So this mean that your set is for BA only?
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

The models and textures themselves are under a non commercial CC license. So you can use them for anything (except profit). The scripts on the other hand, will be BA specific. Or atleast, I assume the scripts will be.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

ah great then atleast there would be less 3do crappness :D

edit: also the ship yard (?) or these thing wich is very long looks to simple :/
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

script is a script, they should work with any mod once completed (unit definitions <> animation)

wondering if you are going to use the same texture atlas as the buildings, or something new
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

oh ok. In that case yeah, scripts all around!

And, we will use the original atlas for units as well. The uvw scale will be different from the buildings though.
Floris

Post by Floris »

btw, that t3 lab doesnt look very experimental, but more like a t3 vehicle lab because of it's base. Also I can't see how a krogoth fits in it, even if you scale the thing a bit. Oh wait I guess i m mixing up the kbot lab with vehicle labs... but still...

The radars look a bit odd to me. Especially the t1 radar looks much bigger than the current one. Maybe its also because of their foot, the circle looks like the sea-ish floater style.
caldera

Post by caldera »

These are the first redone models which look also good at playing distance:
screen00017.jpg
(362.73 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

Floris wrote:btw, that t3 lab doesnt look very experimental, but more like a t3 vehicle lab because of it's base. Also I can't see how a krogoth fits in it, even if you scale the thing a bit. Oh wait I guess i m mixing up the kbot lab with vehicle labs... but still...

The radars look a bit odd to me. Especially the t1 radar looks much bigger than the current one. Maybe its also because of their foot, the circle looks like the sea-ish floater style.
Why you don't say that when he is in the pre-modeling/modeling stage ? I doubt he will take care of your critics since he is done with them now. ^^

Nice work Bob. Keep it up
smoth

Post by smoth »

reponses like floris' response really just need to be ignored. So many spring users like to come in after the fact and tell yo their opinion. Just keep going bob, it is a helluva lot better than they would do and honestly if it means anything I am impressed both by your commitment and speed.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

The radar size was pointed out in the modeling phase as well.

But well, probably revisiting these, if there's will to do that, should have to wait until everything else's been done.

And how is it relevant at all if people who comment on them could do it better or worse? If you don't want criticism why bother posting anything until it's all done.
Regret

Post by Regret »

smoth wrote:reponses like floris' response really just need to be ignored. So many spring users like to come in after the fact and tell yo their opinion. Just keep going bob, it is a helluva lot better than they would do and honestly if it means anything I am impressed both by your commitment and speed.
Constructive criticism that floris offered should be encouraged. He has a good point about possible issues with unit sizes from T3 gantry.
Iz3

Post by Iz3 »

Flamers everywhere

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”