Darkspore

Darkspore

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Otherside

Darkspore

Post by Otherside »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuzwBNOo ... ture=feedu

potentially something good has come from the craptastic Spore??

not getting my hopes up EA and Maxis always tend to fail and appeal to the casual gamer.

Vid looks nice though. Something to tide me over till Diablo 3
Wombat

Re: Darkspore

Post by Wombat »

i dont think spore failed. not my game, i hated it, but idea was pretty cool

@ this game - looks interesting, but would i like to spend my money on it ? errrr...
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

considering how much they hyped up spore and how good the initial alpha/beta footage looked the game turned out to be a very basic sandbox game with 0 depth and just a cool creature editor.

It was disappointing.

The idea of this game looks good so hopefully maxis don't cock up.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

everything gets better if you add dark before.

Dark Omen
Dark Messiah
Dark Knight
Dark Spring
Dark Dork

Dark Side & Force
Dark Beer

So yo, dark, we put some dark in your spore, so you can dark, while you dark.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Picasso...

This game....
Gonna be boring as fuck....Unless there are tons of cool interactions with the environment or something, its gonna be yet another boring hack and slash...zzzz
This gameplay was sealed with diablo 2...
Bring in something new!!
If they allowed for a more complex battle system where you dont just push the mouse like in diablo but instead use keys and comboes plus made some awesome gameworld generation or something...

This game ALREADY sounds disappointing.

EDITED

I wanna say im dissapointed by the WTF guy....
He sounds like an intelligent gamer, he should be promoting games
With new ideas in them, smart games as oppose to giving great feedback at what is essentially yet another freaking diablo clone...
Panda

Post by Panda »

I like the original spore.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

No Panda, what you like is the creature editor, a good tool, shipped with a bad game. What you dont like is the game not using the endless supply of my-crafted-creatures to create that mysterious stuff called fun. Good Will sunk this one, although i give him kudos, for getting EA to try something new. A shareholder company. Trying new stuff. Thats a freaking miracle.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Spore was good until you played it and realised that even in its current form, it could have been vastly improved by some minor twiddling and changes.

For example, the tribes stage RTS was too easy, then move up one notch and the difficulty level rises dramatically. And the stupid base construction was stupid, more generic RTS style.

Civ level wasnt clear enough, tho you got the hang of it, first time i was a little befuddled by what you actually had to do to gain ground.

Space level was nice until you realise its not an RTS, its another episode of star trek original series, where they keep repeating the 'ecological disaster' episode.

I also kept finding it stupid that everytime I progressed forward a major stage, the only thing that was carried forwards was my races visual look, which meant all that effort was pointless.
knorke

Post by knorke »

this thread is now about posting your spore monsters.
inb4 penis.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Yep it was completely retarded.
When i first heard of Spore i thought id be able to indirectly control whats going on with my creature and he will "evolve" based on his enviornment and my input.
Instead,You just freaking decorate it and just add limbs based on cash(was it DNA?) you gather.
I thought it was gonna be like simearth and shit...
Fail game was/is fail.
Regret

Post by Regret »

My one from previous spore thread. Image
Gota

Post by Gota »

unique
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

Gota wrote:If they allowed for a more complex battle system where you dont just push the mouse like in diablo but instead use keys and comboes plus made some awesome gameworld generation or something...
ive always felt that diablo would have been a lot more fun and challenging with WASD movement and mouse aim (and dodgeable projectiles etc)
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

KaiserJ wrote:ive always felt that diablo would have been a lot more fun and challenging with WASD movement and mouse aim (and dodgeable projectiles etc)
I oh so much agree!
Coresair

Post by Coresair »

Lol. I am in the closed beta, I played three missions and quit. This game will disappoint you....
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

btw, when someone wants to play H&S while waiting for diablo i recommend 'Loki', pretty good game
Gota

Post by Gota »

Titans quest with addon and latest patches...
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

titan quest was horribly boring for me, even for a H&S, but oh well
Panda

Post by Panda »

PicassoCT wrote:No Panda, what you like is the creature editor, a good tool, shipped with a bad game. What you dont like is the game not using the endless supply of my-crafted-creatures to create that mysterious stuff called fun. Good Will sunk this one, although i give him kudos, for getting EA to try something new. A shareholder company. Trying new stuff. Thats a freaking miracle.
:?

Here's my cute little velvet worm looking creature with a spike sticking out of it's back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1tMw-sSLVY

Here is a neat looking grass creature that I made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVFEfLih ... re=related

And this is a creature that I thought looked cool when it danced:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdsy-O8gzaM
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Spore had a great idea, and then they started listening to a guy from marketing who was sure everything would be more funnerer if there was a dancing minigame.

If you look at some of their early demos, it's like a completely different game. There's one specific guy who convinced the developers that all their ideas were rubbish and they should make it blindingly retarded instead. I forget his name but he probably went on to work in PSP advertising or something.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”