MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA! - Page 21

MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: MINECRAFT IS NOW BETA!

Post by PicassoCT »

You know what would be cool? Engines to animate group of chunks- and that wired to reddust. Rolling out bridge of wood? No Problem? Steamhammers in your factory- easy.

And Minecraft nees a singleplayermerger, so you can merge a server together out of the singleplayer people played forever.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Agreed, animated blocks would be great. Draw bridge for the win!

Having recently experienced minecarts for the first time, I was more than a little disappointed. They felt tacked on. I really hope they are fleshed out some more sometime. Like being able to at least link carts together to make a train. The make-no-sense bumping is pretty frustrating now.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

SanadaUjiosan wrote:Agreed, animated blocks would be great. Draw bridge for the win!

Having recently experienced minecarts for the first time, I was more than a little disappointed. They felt tacked on. I really hope they are fleshed out some more sometime. Like being able to at least link carts together to make a train. The make-no-sense bumping is pretty frustrating now.
Try a server with the MinecartMania plugin -- it improves the experience somewhat.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Yeah I was just told tonight about this. I'll have to check it out. Zydox's server has it I believe?
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

SanadaUjiosan wrote:Agreed, animated blocks would be great. Draw bridge for the win!

Did you figure out boosters? Mine carts are alot more useful with boosters. Look it up on the minepeadia.

I'll agree, it's quite a nonsensical system, but it allows for some fun things.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

I skimmed the booster article. I plan on at least experimenting with some of the boosters.

The utilitarian part of me is upset that my practical railway plan, to quickly travel between two far away bases, is compromised by goofy physics. I guess some kind of rollercoaster setup would be neat... but I can't rollercoaster my way between bases!
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

SanadaUjiosan wrote:Yeah I was just told tonight about this. I'll have to check it out. Zydox's server has it I believe?
Yepp

I'm gonna try how it works... afaik, if you place a gold blow below the track, it acts like a booster
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

SanadaUjiosan wrote:I skimmed the booster article. I plan on at least experimenting with some of the boosters.

The utilitarian part of me is upset that my practical railway plan, to quickly travel between two far away bases, is compromised by goofy physics. I guess some kind of rollercoaster setup would be neat... but I can't rollercoaster my way between bases!
That is easily done with boosters. The carts are boosted at higher than walking speed as well. It won't be very effective for transporting item carts though if that is your intent. Carts the player is riding have a huge amount of extra momentum compared to all other carts.
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

i just built a mob tower. oh my god.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I've always loved these Zero Punctuation episodes by Yahtzee, <3.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Really interesting little article about the success of Minecraft: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3276 ... f_Luck.php

Thoughts?
knorke

Post by knorke »

it seems to be a good topic for blogposts on the interwub.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

I've been having awful, awful luck lately. Rampant deaths, of the most irritating kind. Lag zombies, creepers dropping through single holes above me, and stupid random little holes on the surface dropping into lava.

Sigh.
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

I've been having a lovely time in my "camp". I set fire to the forest around me. It stays well lit at night and by day break i can collect all the hides and pork chops that are created by animals catching on fire.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

I give a thumbs up for the new server. I haven't noticed any problems outside of the usual ones I experience. I say upgrade and deal with any problems that arise.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

SanadaUjiosan wrote:I give a thumbs up for the new server. I haven't noticed any problems outside of the usual ones I experience. I say upgrade and deal with any problems that arise.
You mean my :25567 server?
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Yup.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

I've replaced the old hMod server with the new Bukkit thingy... so now the regular updated client should work fine

Thanks to Cheese, Sanada and Teutooni for their testing and help with this :-)
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Wooo hooo!

Will play later, when I can =D

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”