Starcraft 2 - Page 22

Starcraft 2

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: Starcraft 2

Post by Forboding Angel »

Entertaining that satini called you a noob, but what you did was no less cheesy than his lolfail cloaked banshee.

If he hadn't have noobed it up, with his banshee and your voids/zealots, you guys should have come out of that more or less evened out (maybe you a little ahead). Unfortunately in the VOD it didn't show what was going on witht he banshee so I'm guessing that he noobed it up and forgot to lolcloak.

Regardless, I love toss, but it is so prone to cheese and gay :-/ Toss is a lot more fun to play macrostyle.
RogerN

Post by RogerN »

cheese is fail vs a decent player
This is something I hear a lot and must disagree with. Having watched dozens and dozens of top-level games, I see a *lot* of cheese which succeeds. TLO in particular is notorious for cheesing and getting away with it, even against pro players who are actively scouting for it.

You have to make a distinction between poorly executed cheese and diabolically masterful cheese.

Don't beat yourself up mentally when you lose to cheese. Ok, if you don't scout *at all* then that's a problem... but review your replays objectively. Losing to cheese does not necessarily mean that you made a huge mistake - maybe one or two small changes would have helped you survive even without knowing it was coming. Just understand that some players specialize in cheese and are very, very good at it.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

I just harrased a guy to the max killing his drones several times and then got overun by marines.
I HATE THIS GAME :evil:
Gota

Post by Gota »

Welcome to sc2 one of the most ragy games ever...
Me and scifi are at 2v2 golden league...
We were winning tons of games but were going down in ranks ...
I still dont understand how its possible but it was annoying as hell.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

You need to learn to macro while you micro. Train yourself to make drones every 17 game seconds (less if you are chrono-boosting). Keep checking your supply and don't get blocked. Hotkey your structures (you can set multiple buildings on the same hotkey now) so that you can keep building units without going back to your base. If you need to, start up the AI and keep grinding out doing nothing but making stuff. You can worry about strategies later on.

Seriously, even until you get to at least like gold, you can have pretty much the dumbest strategy ever as long as your macro is strong.
Gota

Post by Gota »

And why play Protoss when you can play zerg?obviously a much superior race.
DavetheBrave

Post by DavetheBrave »

Gota wrote:Welcome to sc2 one of the most ragy games ever...
Ranks don't matter at all unless you are master league or something. There is a hidden rating (MMR) that tracks your skill level, and only with like a thousand games will your MMR and point total be the same. Only way I know to gauge your MMR is to look at your opponents league/match history.

I just got promoted from rank 25 gold to rank 8 platinum, and i believe something similar happened to Forb when he got promoted from silver into gold.
Soul

Post by Soul »

Gota wrote:Welcome to sc2 one of the most ragy games ever...
You go down in ranks because others go up in rank, they simply have more points then you do,
maybe they play "unfavoured" games (such games give more points) then games where your team is "favoured".

Simply play more, win more and keep the games short if posible (so you can play two games instead of one during the same time interval).
Gota wrote:And why play Protoss when you can play zerg?obviously a much superior race.
I tried Zerg in SC:BW, there they took out the worst in me and i played very agressive expansions (alot of them).
Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't but what i found out there was that i couldn't keep up with the marco when all the unit production buildings are scattered all over the map.

Playing Terran or Protoss i am able to keep all the unit production buildings under control.

Now in SC2 it gets alittle easier to control unitproduction for Zerg but i still keep myself to Protoss and some Terran, for nostalgic reasons if nothing else.
Last edited by Soul on 25 Jan 2011, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Yes we must race to the master league!!
Its not about the gaes we play its about the rank we will eventually get :wink:
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

Gota wrote: We were winning tons of games but were going down in ranks ...
I think you also get punished severely for losing against people who are below your rank.
Gota wrote:And why play Protoss when you can play zerg?obviously a much superior race.
I cant spend all the ressources, obviously im mining too much or Im building too slow.
Also I tried cheeses with zerg and failed.
And cheesing is half the fun in this game.
PRO_rANDY

Post by PRO_rANDY »

Machete234 wrote: ...obviously im mining too much...

Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

That once was a full sentence it was mining too much or building too slow which is actually the same.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Machete234 wrote:
Gota wrote: We were winning tons of games but were going down in ranks ...
I think you also get punished severely for losing against people who are below your rank.
I cant spend all the ressources, obviously im mining too much or Im building too slow.
Also I tried cheeses with zerg and failed.
And cheesing is half the fun in this game.
Here is how you do it.It's all about the grouping.
What i did:
I set all my hatcheries to control group 4.
I set all my queens to control group 5.
I changed the key that puts your camera on your base(i.e cycles between the locations of your hatcheries)from backspace to space.
Now all i need to do to infest all my hatcheries is to press "5" press space,"v" and target the hatchery than pres space again v again and target hatchery and so on till all hatcheries are infested(after a bit of practice its super fast).
Than at the convenient time i press 4(selects all my hatcheries)and use the shortcut keys for the units of my choice.

Also if your excessing mineral and you need troops just spawn tons of zerlings(dont forget to spawn 2 of those upgrading buildings and pump upgrades)
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

I have changed the hotkeys a bit, I think space is right now center on selection, and I also use a grid hotkey system.
But I understand the concept of fast injecting the hatcheries.

I think I might try terran because I know more about their strengths and weaknesses then about the zerg.

(Still the cheesing with protoss is too much fun.
Dark templars into their base via warp prism, I split them up, so the terran cant do his scanner sweep effectively.
One is destroying the troops, one the workers, one the buildings :mrgreen:
And while he's occupied warp in some more. :twisted:)
Last edited by Machete234 on 01 Feb 2011, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Gota

Post by Gota »

zerg are best...
Vs terran spam banelings vs protoss spam roaches than hydra and always harass with ultralisks at mid late game.what else dude?
Zerg are da best just expand and rebuild and ur fine.
Terran are gay and protoss are retards.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Shittiest game ever btw
Gota

Post by Gota »

also cheese does work vs good players.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Machete234 wrote:I just harrased a guy to the max killing his drones several times and then got overun by marines.
I HATE THIS GAME :evil:
You invested all your resources into an army that couldn't defend your base, forced your opponent to all in by crippling his economy, and then lost because you couldn't defend his beefcake army before your economic advantage kicked in?

Don't blame the game for something you did wrong.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Machete234 wrote:That once was a full sentence it was mining too much or building too slow which is actually the same.
It's the same in TA, but not in starcraft. The only time you don't want to be mining as much as you possibly can in starcraft is when you have a timing push that requires it. I'd recommend avoiding those types of things entirely until you're in master league. Not that they don't work, but you won't know if it was because your strategy was good or your opponent was bad until you use the strategy on really good players.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”