Tactical Nuke (Core) needs a buff...

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

I used it one game, expecting it to 1-shot an anti like a liche or emp nuke, except it actually took 2 shots. So, what's the exact purpose of a tactical nuke if it doesn't do the anti-nuke killing as effectively as liches and emp nukes? Can it have a buff so it can actually kill antinukes?
Jazcash

Re: Tactical Nuke (Core) needs a buff...

Post by Jazcash »

Ima have to agree with this.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Aether_0001 wrote:So, what's the exact purpose of a tactical nuke if it doesn't do the anti-nuke killing as effectively as liches and emp nukes?
To kill things other than antis, or just load up till you have 2?
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Aether is right, nobody with any sense builds them simply because they're utterly void of use. Theyre a glorified Juno that can be stoppped by an anti nuke and has limited range..
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

Not many attractive units have less than 2500 hp, which is the damage the tacnuke does. Maybe make tacnuke weapon have the damage of a liche bomb? Tacnuke should be better, too, cause you even have to stockpile it, while for a liche you just wait 5 seconds and you get another free one.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Sucky_Lord wrote:Theyre a glorified Juno that can be stoppped by an anti nuke and has limited range..
wait, what? im confused...
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Wombat wrote:
Sucky_Lord wrote:Theyre a glorified Juno that can be stoppped by an anti nuke and has limited range..
wait, what? im confused...
Im pretty sure the tactical nukes are stopped like normal nukes by an anti.

Anyway go on, troll this thread like usual, im interested to see what you can find to troll about such a simple, well-reasoned request :)
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

well-reasoned ? as long as i know anti doesnt stop tactical rofl.

also its ok ppl dont use it. one of these things that make ppl stop making units.

btw, i cant wait to see thread about tactical being op coz someone got owned on throne. if something cannot be stopped, reload time is low, its quite cheap, i see no reason to buff anything personally.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

if something cannot be stopped, reload time is low, its quite cheap, i see no reason to buff anything personally.
Yep, its almost as nice as arm EMP, its great stuff on crowded maps and trench warfare.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

basicly if someone manage to make it in range of someones base (ye it is possible, like tabula) enemy player got 0 nanos
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

Tactical nuke can't be stopped by anti. It has really short range, less than half that of EMP nuke (which is marginally [like 20 ft] less than that of a bertha). You need TWO to kill an anti, which really messed me up. I managed to kill half the other guy's base with it, but to actually get your tactical within range, you have to put it REALLY far out, which is not really fun. Plus, it's also annoying that it costs 3K metal AND .5K metal per rocket.

Imo it should have enough of a bonus to be able to hurt like a liche bomb.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

I've played spring for 6 years and have never seen a tactical nuke used effectively, not even enough to warrant 1/4 of its price. If anyone has any replays to suggest otherwise, I'm all ears!

The thing kills a few T1 units per shot, which come every minute or so as the reload time is so appallingly huge.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Sucky_Lord wrote:I've played spring for 6 years
gj at anti stopping tactical.
Imo it should have enough of a bonus to be able to hurt like a liche bomb.
liche can be stopped, tac not.

also, what do u mean 'effectively' ? to rape whole base with 1 rocket? its good for crippling enemy buildpower, t2 metalmakers. u talk about liche and antis. core got better t2 bombers. also wait for second rocket...

conclusion - spend ur resources on units.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Fucks sake, it is a weapon with no counter that has half the range as the BBgun. Why would it need buffing? Bombers have counters, LRPCs have counters, nukes have counters. I am not seeing the problem here.

Tacnukes are better when used in groups, if you have t3 eco you can spam them and then suprise explode enemies afus.

TLDR: No
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Aether_0001 wrote:I managed to kill half the other guy's base with it, but to actually get your tactical within range, you have to put it REALLY far out, which is not really fun.
If you don't need a forward position to make it, it loses any little fun the unit ever had.
Plus, it's also annoying that it costs 3K metal AND .5K metal per rocket.
costs 750m.

It can 1 shot almost any artillery too, if you can't think of any uses for tac nuke it's not the games fault.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Wombat wrote:
Sucky_Lord wrote:I've played spring for 6 years
gj at anti stopping tactical.
Just proves how little theyre used.
Wombat wrote:also, what do u mean 'effectively' ? to rape whole base with 1 rocket? its good for crippling enemy buildpower, t2 metalmakers.

conclusion - spend ur resources on units.
Effectively = To do enough damage to warrant its cost and difficulty of use.

Oh, i didnt realise people build metalmakers amongst their defenses, i must give that a go!

You conclusion proves aether's point, that in no given situation is it every remotely worth building a tactical nuke, because almost any type of unit spam is more effective. Tac nuke needs a buff.

And to Bana Johannes and Beherith, your valiant defense of this useless unit is undermimed by the fact i've never seen any of you ever build one. I'd go as far as to say i dont recall anybody in this entire forum ever having built one during my games. They're weapons for newbs to try once and never use again.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Sucky_Lord wrote:You conclusion proves aether's point, that in no given situation is it every remotely worth building a tactical nuke, because almost any type of unit spam is more effective.
cant wait to hear how is making units bad.
Oh, i didnt realise people build metalmakers amongst their defenses, i must give that a go!
dont change my quote into something i didnt mean to say and i didnt say, its just sad. killing t2 mms quite often means killing half,if not most of enemy late eco.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

I'm saying you can't actually kill the MMs unless the enemy builds them on the front line..

I've said all I have to say on the matter, hope it does get a buff!
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

boo :(
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Wombat wrote:

boo :(
Christ you dont ever shut up do you!? Every time your arguments are debunked and quashed you just ignore the rebuttal and throw more absurd, senseless words into the discussion.

I didnt answer that question/statement simply because the grammar is so pathetically inevident to the point of missing, I couldn't understand.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”