Should Arm Solar block LLT fire?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes: 45

TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

I was wondering about this, because when I was implementing the newer hitsphere rescaling gadget I manually set the Arm Solar to block LLT fire to recreate the behaviour in 7.19, but does anyone actually want it like this?

I'm starting this thread to see if people feel this feature forms a part of BA's gameplay that should be kept, or should the hitsphere be fixed to reflect the size of the unit?

Please post any comments if you have them, as the outcome of the poll may not be the final word here :wink:
Beherith

Re: Should Arm Solar block LLT fire?

Post by Beherith »

Asking the general public for balance feedback? Blasphemy!
Arm llt's shouldn't fire over solars, since arm already has a slight advantage at t1, so at least core has something to counter fleas.
I shall register a million accounts to vote no :)
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

On the other hand I think it's a better design to have the shoot over, since it helps base defense play in an interesting way.

Then again everyones used to it blocking, and it's a big part of not just balance between factions but also something that makes the sides different... And there should be more differentiation between factions, definitely not less I think.
Beherith wrote:I shall register a million accounts to vote no :)
Hmm vote yes you mean?
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

This balances arms T1 advantage a bit.

I vote yeas
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I don't even know what I think as I agree with both sides of the argument... I just voted yes anyway because I think it's a very big factor in deciding certain games, especially in something as focussed as a 1v1. LLT doesn't shoot over Arm mex either right?
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

You shouldnt be fixing the balance by making annoying functions that not many newbs know about like "this LLT can fire over THIS solar, but that LLT definitely cant fire over THAT solar". Its just tedious, give core a new kbot unit or increase leveler sight?
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

eh, i always felt it was counter-intuitive to have the same sized solars for core and arm block llts differently.

I vote for change, this is only a nubtrap that makes no sense beyond arbitrary "it has always been so" logic.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

I don't play BA much but I rather agree with the two posts above mine. Make llt shoot over solar like core, and then balance t1 properly.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

A newbie doesn't lose games because llts/solars interact in another way than he thought, it's the least of your worries if you don't know how to play. And you only need to hear it once and then you'll know how it works.

And factional balance is at a point where it's easily decided by map... Doesn't really need fixing from mod side.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

BaNa wrote:eh, i always felt it was counter-intuitive to have the same sized solars for core and arm block llts differently.

I vote for change, this is only a nubtrap that makes no sense beyond arbitrary "it has always been so" logic.
+1
Gota

Post by Gota »

It wasnt even always so..
It just randomly happened after an engine update that changes how some tags worked related to hitsphers on 3do models.
Happened like 10 months ago? or a year maybe.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Gota wrote:It wasnt even always so..
It just randomly happened after an engine update that changes how some tags worked related to hitsphers on 3do models.
Happened like 10 months ago? or a year maybe.
It's 2 years or more alraedy, since I don't remember it ever firing over it.
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

Missclic, I voted yes but I wanted to vote no ^^
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

But you will disrupt BA's delicate balance! The game might actually make *sense*!

(most logical thing would be that *both* the Core and Arm solars block... I mean, how many buildings *don't* block LLTs? Why should solars be an exception?)
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

im suprised u even ask
Gota

Post by Gota »

Arm needs some loving...Flash are crap...banshee are crap...GIVE IT SOME LOVE (so it can reign supreme over the core bastards).
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Gota wrote:Arm needs some loving.
sarcasm or not, im sad that core gets constant buffs (fu golly) and arm constant nerfs (fu useless dragonfly emp). but thats not the thread *cough*
albator

Post by albator »

Let me rephrase your question :

Shall we switch cost of stumpy and raider ? That will make sense cause even with the recent stumpy nerf, stumpy still win metal equivalent speaking.

You got your answer.

Wombat wrote:
Gota wrote:Arm needs some loving.
sarcasm or not, im sad that core gets constant buffs (fu golly) and arm constant nerfs (fu useless dragonfly emp). but thats not the thread *cough*
I ask for golly got back 7K hp and not 9k like it has been changed a few time ago. Now we cannot combomb goliat anymore, 9k HP golly 7min teck will become the regular DSD play

it is not because something is unba on one side it has to be compensate on the other side
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

albator wrote:9k HP golly 7min teck will become the regular DSD play
it is already regular tech. after last dragonfly nerf (DF was actually the only effective counter vs goliath, quite expensive anyway) now, there is nothing left except combomb.

it was bad idea since very beginning, plz reverse both dragonfly and golly changes :/
albator

Post by albator »

Wombat wrote:
albator wrote:9k HP golly 7min teck will become the regular DSD play
it is already regular tech. after last dragonfly nerf (DF was actually the only effective counter vs goliath, quite expensive anyway) now, there is nothing left except combomb.

it was bad idea since very beginning, plz reverse both dragonfly and golly changes :/
I agree for golly, but do you think dragoon fly that cost half less metal than a t2 flak should be able to emp it and nap it even it is design to kill air ??? (and after that naping a golly )

That mean a dragon fly is better than a golly plus a t2 mobil flak. Then do so and let the t2 air spam continue... You can remove all t2 mobil gound since the supposed "op" one are useless, better spam some dragon fly to defend from early t2 unit while ecoing and finish game with t3/berta/t2air

I still agree the dragon fly nerf might be too much, i did not tested it.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”