xta betas

xta betas

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

babbles

xta betas

Post by babbles »

you have to stop doing betas with same name, it's just too confusing for people, we never know when you update without explicitly checking and everyone always has different versions and have to have it explained why it isn't working and how to get it to work
Gota

Re: xta betas

Post by Gota »

Dude just dont make betas...
XTA community is tiny...Just make good changes and release.
When you release beta everyone tries to play the beta anyway and neglect the stable.
Not to mention with such small player base you need ages to truly go through a proper beta cycle so just release officials and be done with it.
Its much less painful to get players to downlaod a 30 megs xta a few times than to explain how to work the beta out.
scifi

Post by scifi »

i agree latest beta is good, just remove the idle com animation its hilarious and its nice.

add something diferent instead like the guy relaxing waving the arm around. XD but not the current one LOL, hahahaha made me laugh though.

consider the current beta good, we played some games seams stable and at least i can put my name in, that i agree with the changes.

so feel free to release a stable version.
babbles

Post by babbles »

Yeah, that's the thing with it, it's intially funny, then it's kinda annoying...maybe if the Comm just waved at the screen, and if your Comm was idle for a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge amount of time he started doing the current animation?

Also, I get some random divide by zero (D:) error now and again
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

you all are not forced to play the beta :roll:
you still can download the normal XTA non beta

its not likely that all normal XTA are removed except the beta
babbles

Post by babbles »

you are if you want working nanos
Gota

Post by Gota »

Karl wrote:you all are not forced to play the beta :roll:
you still can download the normal XTA non beta

its not likely that all normal XTA are removed except the beta
Who the afk are you?do you even play XTA?
babbles

Post by babbles »

I should also mention you need the original XTA file for the beta, so saying "you can still download original XTA" is kinda a stupid thing to say. :p
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

When you optimize some scripts, kbots preferably and i have time, I might go about adding some unique idle animations for fun, to contribute to the atmosphere of the game with motion and life.
scifi

Post by scifi »

instigator and flash idle animations can be simply done by adding random turret moves around the Z axis, with a angle of minimum 10 to 40 degrees :wink:
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

babbles wrote:Comm was idle for a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge amount of time
in xta ? ;)

dont think fapping should be implemented for good, like said before, its funny for the first few games. but still, i would be happy to see more minor animations for idle units, like kbots looking around, tanks with spinning turrets. such things make game somehow more dynamic and 'prettier'

ok, end of offtopic :D

dont buff hlt >:(
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

The fap animation could be something you can turn on/off for looks, similar to sing.
knorke

Post by knorke »

i like the idle fapping even though when i first saw it it killed my half done t2 lab.
maybe com could do it when near (allied) krog or nuke or something? (without dgunning)
but not as button please, spring has enough buttons already...
Gota

Post by Gota »

So does anything "special" happen when he idles for a long time ? XD
Tim-the-maniac

Post by Tim-the-maniac »

Yes please release a stable version. The tiny number of players xta has at the moment all agree the balance is good enough.
The weird com crap will stay in the betas I assume (if not go die in a fire)
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

why not a dancing animation for the com (would fit to singing :D), just something like THE ROBOT DANCE
Deadnight Warrior

Post by Deadnight Warrior »

Noruas wrote:When you optimize some scripts, kbots preferably and i have time, I might go about adding some unique idle animations for fun, to contribute to the atmosphere of the game with motion and life.
I did optimize all kbots and improved their walking animation as well. Only unupgradable commanders have their quirks.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Tim-the-maniac wrote:Yes please release a stable version. The tiny number of players xta has at the moment all agree the balance is good enough.
The weird com crap will stay in the betas I assume (if not go die in a fire)
You think the 25% buff to stumpies is good? I also have huge objection to stockpile Raven.

May as well release stable tho, we have had much funkier "stable" builds in the past :>
babbles

Post by babbles »

stockpile raven has been removed
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Lol, I wondered why my comm was dgunning when idle, then I zoomed in and lol. It's funny, but I agree with the rest, it gets annoying after a few games. Or maybe because the idle time is too short, it just happens too often.

Return to “XTA”