Games recommendation

Games recommendation

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Wombat

Games recommendation

Post by Wombat »

huh, why nobody made this topic before ?

so, i went to the Saturn to buy some xmass gift for myself, sadly didnt find ps3 move :(

anyway, im not the person who likes to waste his money on the games before trying them (buuurrrnn in hell supcom). accidently i noticed nice RTS game called Majesty 2 (didnt play 1). and i was suprised. for this cost, around 8 euro, u get really good and orignal RTS game ( release date september 2009 lol). main difference is unique unit control, or actually lack of it. u just make guilds/barracks, produce heroes (3 for each building) and just put flags with bounty and tasks like attack, defend, scout etc. units got own character, they decide if they want to fight or not, for gold they buy items, armors, weapons etc. campaign is quite short, but sudden increase of difficulty makes it quite challenging.

for this price, even with strange balance, game is a must.
BaNa

Re: Games recommendation

Post by BaNa »

yeah i enjoyed both majesty games, and it isnt too easy either, nice challenge in there.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

its quite strange really, u can easly finish early missions in the first try but then comes dragon and u rage so much :D
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

waut wat? *waits for another angry kid that is angry about mayesty 2 that units dont do what he/she wants*
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Battletoads
Sabutai

Post by Sabutai »

I bought Kohan allmost as many times as I bought TA. It's worth it, old game tho.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Kohan....such awesomeness
smoth

Post by smoth »

Wombat wrote:huh, why nobody made this topic before ?
because this community attacks any opinion that they disagree with instead of saying "oh that's nice"

btw. I liked ta:K and if you get the population boost mod found it to be quite fun once I "got" the economy. By getting, I mean stopped trying to think of it as ta and thought of it as it's own deal.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Doesnt it have the same type of eco? i.e patches spread around and you constantly gaining resources,infinitely.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I've just been playing a repeating loop of the same games, namely, Legions: Overdrive, Quake Live, Spring, Warsow and just recently, Minecraft.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Jazcash wrote:I've just been playing a repeating loop of the same games, namely, Legions: Overdrive, Quake Live, Spring, Warsow and just recently, Minecraft.
same, only with 2 games: spring and quake live

:D
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

PicassoCT wrote:Battletoads
last time i played that, all the old skills returned, but i couldn't for the life of me remember how to beat that level where you're riding the unicycle on the cieling, trying to escape from that vortex thing
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Majesty 2 sounds a little like KDR's Fibre. Shadowsage and Snipawolf were the only people I remember playing that with.

I've been playing Killing Floor and BFBC2. Doing some other stuff for Spring, so I'm currently not waiting around for games.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

Neddie wrote:BFBC2
vietnam expansion per chance? ive been thinking of grabbing it; loved bfbc2 but got a bit sick of it after level 50
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Haven't picked it up yet, as I don't know if the game will hold my attention to level fifty. I was going to set it aside as the single player campaign was fairly weak, but Sleksa convinced me to try multiplayer first.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

yeah the campaign is pretty awful

;) try to keep playing until you get magnum ammo / sabot slugs... blasting people from across the map with a pump action was where i really got into my groove (disclaimer... requires sniper skills)
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Osmos on the iPod is my current game. Fun, clever. The orbital dynamics levels give my head a workout.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

smoth wrote: btw. I liked ta:K and if you get the population boost mod found it to be quite fun once I "got" the economy. By getting, I mean stopped trying to think of it as ta and thought of it as it's own deal.
tell me how to 'increase scale' and im in, i installed TA some time ago again, but when i noticed that only few unit can fit on the screen i was like 'WTF, i was playing it?!' same kingdoms :<
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

STALKER for the best single player game of all time
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

www.orangewombats.com cool site for cool ppl

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”