It's fun to win in a 1v1

It's fun to win in a 1v1

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Gota

It's fun to win in a 1v1

Post by Gota »

It's fun to win a 1v1,i love it.
Knowing your enemy is raging and angry!and than he quits with some excuse cause he cant bare to lose any longer!
That YES! you feel when the enemy com goes boom.....
Its very annoying to lose though...getting all steamy after a 1v1 where you..almost won...
I really hate to lose in 1v1s...
oksnoop2

Re: It's fun to win in a 1v1

Post by oksnoop2 »

Who did you just beat?
Gota

Post by Gota »

oksnoop2 wrote:Who did you just beat?
Nobody...just saying...
Last edited by Gota on 30 Dec 2010, 22:30, edited 2 times in total.
babbles

Post by babbles »

Gota wrote:Nobody.
lol'd
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

so you beated up an air? wow thats ...
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

All the pleasure you get from winning comes from knowing someone else is suffering?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

so true :)
scifi

Post by scifi »

to be honest, what makes a 1v1 or team game fun for me at least, is the "hold factor" the fact your holding under incredible pressure, or when the game is actualy balanced between two players, and it drags on forever in a dual to the death. This hapens to me in starcraft.

tbh spring is getting redundant, i enjoyed the hard factor of xta and i still prefered its gameplay (at least the one of a couple versions ago).

anyhow, BA 1v1 is nice, but tbh its getting a bit boring, the fact that people dont play it to often doesnt help.

And dont say just cause you play 4 1v1s per 5 days is good.
1v1s should be played in series of 20 games, these days i only feel like playing 1 game per match then its over the excitement ends and blah.....

even if i win, it doesnt give as mutch excitement as a starcraft win does. that i say for sure
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Well, starcraft is especially fun to win because the games are ranked. Perhaps if the ladder got more use people would play 1v1 more.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Gota wrote:
Nobody...just saying...
That's ok, I wish I could have beaten nobody.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Sucky_Lord wrote:All the pleasure you get from winning comes from knowing someone else is suffering?
Well, what do YOU get out of it?
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Hobo Joe wrote:
Sucky_Lord wrote:All the pleasure you get from winning comes from knowing someone else is suffering?
Well, what do YOU get out of it?
Knowing I played well? Enjoying the game itself? Personally I dont play 1v1 much because I prefer the teamwork side of things aswell.

The one thing I can categorically state I dont pleasure myself over, is knowing that someone far away is slightly depressed because I just beat them at a free online game.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Gota wrote:It's fun to win a 1v1,i love it.
Knowing your enemy is raging and angry!and than he quits with some excuse cause he cant bare to lose any longer!
That YES! you feel when the enemy com goes boom.....
Its very annoying to lose though...getting all steamy after a 1v1 where you..almost won...
I really hate to lose in 1v1s...
lol, i agree... when enemy gives lame excuses, thats when it feels good to win =D

best of all excuses: "i wasnt playing seriously" (saying this after very serious looking playing and getting annoyed of small losses here and there... yeah right, he wasnt playing seriously... then huge ragefest after the game XD)
Gota

Post by Gota »

Excuses often given after a lose(with various small alteration):

1)Drunk
2)Stoned
3)Sick
4)Not playing seriously
5)I played real bad(as oppose to "we both played good but you just played better")
6)you were lucky

Any others?
knorke

Post by knorke »

crumbs in mouse
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

lol yeah forgot "you got lucky", i actually heard this with the "not playing seriously" game as well =D

making excuse of being drunk or stoned is a fail, you dont care about winning or losing in those states of minds...

7) i g2g (at the moment the enemy is getting assraped hard)
pintle

Post by pintle »

Personally I find the "HAH IN YOUR FACE!!!11" stuff demotivates me from playing 1v1. Sure it is fun to win, but it is also fun to just immediately launch the next game, have another go.

I am with Scifi tho: It is only really fun if you had to fight like hell in order to get the win, stomping an inferior opponent is not rewarding.

If I end up losing, after 45+ minutes of crazy intense 1v1, I generally enjoy myself almost as much. For me it is the GG more than the win.
scifi

Post by scifi »

yeah pintle precisely

still i got to say, i enjoyed the tournaments, lots of people were hanging around, diferent starts, diferent maps. But after that everyone left, and the fun is over :|
babbles

Post by babbles »

1v1s where you get pushed are the best for me, but not ones where you get pushed but they still end like 95% of 1v1s (so he micros his storms *slightly* better or gets a peewee into my wind gens 3 seconds before I can kill it)

tbh, the best 1v1s I've played are those with comebacks. where it looks like all is lost yet against the odds I've managed to turn it around
Gota

Post by Gota »

Obviously the best games are versus an opponent that is around your level...
I wasnt even thinking about stomping noobs or something, thats jsut lame.

I also dont like talking a lot after a game...the best is to do another game instead(ready the f**k up or get out)...

A lot of the times you play a 1v1 or 2v2 and than it takes like 5-10 minutes just to start another...
Thats is the ultimate fail...If you lost you wanna go go go for a rematch ffs...

Another annoying thing:people who dont afking self-d when its 100% clear the game is lost!!

Return to “General Discussion”