Enemy spotted?

Enemy spotted?

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

exciter

Enemy spotted?

Post by exciter »

Hi,

today I found the latest stable of ZK while searching the internet :D
Very nice game and lobby !!! Thanks a lot :D

But where are the enemies? In the multiplayer there are only 2 or 3 hosted ZK, all protected with passwords -.-

I think you should promote your game more (e.g. make a profile on moddb.com cause there are a lot of potential gamers ;) ...).

And is the the tutorial still available ingame? How can I play it again?^^

thanks a lot :D
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Re: Enemy spotted?

Post by Saktoth »

If you're looking for some singleplayer to try, click the singleplayer tab and try Skasi's missions (scroll down), Sandbox, Chickens, 1v1, 2v1, etc. You may want to give Economy Challenge a try too. Probably best not to bother with the rest of the missions, they are published mostly by random people who dont know what they are doing (Also, me, but mine arent finished).

Over the Christmas period there has been a bit of a lull in the gaming, as you can imagine most people are doing Christmasy things. You'll see an upkick in the number of players after new years.

As you can probably tell, we still have a fair bit of work to do. We're currently creating single-player content with Quantums great new Mission Editor, revamping Nubtron to give a robust tutorial experience, and working to make the lobby and install experience more fluid, making an attractive website with lots of rich content and information, as well as polishing up the game itself.

When we have an experience where the player doesnt have to ask 'Where are all the enemies?' (IE, there is enough singleplayer content to at least keep them occupied for some time) we will put our effort into a PR push.
maackey

Re: Enemy spotted?

Post by maackey »

Saktoth wrote:Over the Christmas period there has been a bit of a lull in the gaming, as you can imagine most people are doing Christmasy things. You'll see an upkick in the number of players after new years.
Glad to see I wasn't the only one.

@exciter: We're currently working on a promotional website and polishing up the game and interface. I'm assuming nothing is quite on par for quality standards for developers to stop making improvements and start aggressively marketing the game. That's the case for me and the website at least. I'm not entirely happy with it, at least not enough to go around spamming links to everyone I know.

However, this is an open source game and small friendly sub-community -- if you would like to help us market we'd gladly accept your help.

Return to “Zero-K”