Playing Games Late

Playing Games Late

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Playing Games Late

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Title could mean a lot of things, but what I mean is like you get around to playing a game a long time after it's released. For example, I've just now gotten around to playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Looking at the date on the menu screen, I remembered that I wasn't even out of high school when the game came out... and here I am, finally seeing what all of the commotion is about in my own place :? .

So, anyone got anything interesting to go along with this?
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Re: Playing Games Late

Post by Gnomre »

is it really considered late when the console the game was released on is still part of the active generation?

I played HL1 about two years after finishing HL2, and I didn't play HL2 for about a year after its release. you do the math
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

I'd consider it late, but if others don't, that's up to them. It's subjective.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

I usually go back to playing very old console games that I never had a chance to play when I was young because I didn't own the particular console or the game wasn't released here.

Mainly Jap snes games with english patches
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Gnomre wrote:is it really considered late when the console the game was released on is still part of the active generation?

I played HL1 about two years after finishing HL2, and I didn't play HL2 for about a year after its release. you do the math
Twilight Princess was originally released for GameCube...

Anyway, I (finally) recently completed Conker's Bad Fur Day. :wink: Once I've finished Super Mario Galaxy I'll probably go for Metroid Prime or DK64.

(I also plan on picking up Ocarina of Time on ebay...)
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Doesn't really matter when a games been released does it? If it's good it's good, a lot of new games are crap.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

its better to play them late because your rig can usually handle them on max graphics
maackey

Post by maackey »

Pretty much every single game I've ever played was "late". I don't really pay any attention to new games because publishers like to hype stuff a lot. (Hello, Spore) so I wait until other people get cut on the bleeding edge of things and cherry pick the good stuff after its been vetted.
clumsy_culhane

Post by clumsy_culhane »

I do it a fair bit. E.g. I started playing through hl2 a week ago, finished today. Fantastic game. After Ep1 and 2, I'll probably move on to Oblivion and Fallout 3 :D
smoth

Post by smoth »

Probably the game that I have played the latest(as in way behind others) would be gundam battle assault 2.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

smoth wrote:Probably the game that I have played the latest(as in way behind others) would be gundam battle assault 2.
My first gundam game, and what a fun one it was.

It seems a lot of people have discovered HL2 late. I went through it about a year ago, I think. I guess what it really says is just how hardy the game is, able to stand up so long after it was "new."
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

HL2 was amazing when it was new. So many games have physics and crazy graphics now. At it's time I remember playing through that game I was utterly stunned just how amazing it looked.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Star Control II/The Ur-Quan Masters port.
I was only four when that game came out.
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

I dont think I played any games late, I played them when they came out with 10 or 100fps I didnt care.

Ok I maybe played doom 1&2 late, just because I was in elementary school when they came out.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

not so old as mentioned above but

dragon age and uncharted 2

FUKKKKKKK
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

SwiftSpear wrote:HL2 was amazing when it was new. So many games have physics and crazy graphics now. At it's time I remember playing through that game I was utterly stunned just how amazing it looked.
Hl2 is still amazing
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

I actually gave up on HL2 when I first got it since I was so bored with load-times and painful choppy speech.

I should probably pick it up again.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I just played Red Faction a month or so back.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

I tried M.A.X. again after 13 years break... wasnt so good as it was before :? somehow its just too slow paced game, gets boring to click every small thing you could just automate instead :x

I also played Duke Nukem 3d, and that game is still damn good. Wish it had more maps tho.

What else... Heroes of Might and Magic 3, also still a good game.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

I finally decided I'll head over to the Sears (now SearsKMart) to pick up one of those "Pong" TV games that was so popular. I've been putting it off long enough.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”