League of Legends - Page 2

League of Legends

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Otherside

Re: League of Legends

Post by Otherside »

Depends, noobs tend to listen to the recommended items (never do this!!) and build him completely wrong.

Morde should be built as a offensive tank just stack Armour and MR and keep your shield up with spell spammage use ulti on their AD carry and turn a 5v5 into a 6v4. Best farmer in game and a beast in a solo lane.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Otherside wrote:Best farmer in game
That would be sivir. :regret:
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

I copy pasted something precise and good about most reliable champions at top elo.
So as you can see IÔÇÖve made some categories that champions fall under. I tried to put them into specific ones for the roles they are best at but a lot of champions fall under several categories so if you see a champion in more than one donÔÇÖt worry too much about it :P

This is going to be an ongoing thing that I am going to work on. I will define it, make it better, make it more clear as I learn more about the game and think about each championÔÇÖs best strengths. I will eventually have it to where the champions are correctly placed at the top if their respected category instead of putting them in tiers right from my list. For instance Pantheon is the #1 melee DPS now but he sits in the top of tier 2. I want to change that so itÔÇÖs clear heÔÇÖs the top of that category. When I have some more time I will redo this and change it.

So with all that being said. I hope this clears up my tier list a bit and makes it easier to understand why champions are placed in each tier.

* Tier 1: Anivia, Sivir, Ashe, Corki, Annie, Warwick, Shen, Janna, Sona, Taric, Kennen, Rammus
* Tier 2: Pantheon, Tristana, Twitch, KogÔÇÖMaw, Miss Fortune, Morgana, Kassadin, Zilean, Garen, Amumu, Shaco, Xin Zhao, Udyr, Vladimir, Olaf, Gragas.
* Tier 3: ChoÔÇÖGath, Malphite, Twisted Fate, Poppy, Karthus, Trundle, Mordekaiser, Veigar, Akali, Sion, Nunu, Irelia, Galio, Heimerdinger, Singed, Yi, Fiddlesticks.
* Tier 4: Teemo, Lux, Leblanc, Ezreal, Nasus, Kayle, Soraka, Blitzcrank, Gangplank, Nidalee, Jax, Eve.
* Hard to place on a team: Swain, Katarina, Alistar, Ryze, Urgot, MalÔÇÖzahar, Tryndamere, Mundo.

Caster Carry: These champions deal Spell damage and offer a lot of utility to your team. For the most part they donÔÇÖt rely on auto attacking and only spell casts.
Tier 1 ÔÇô Anivia, Annie, Kennen
Tier 2 ÔÇô Morgana, Kassadin, Zilean, Vladimir
Tier 3 - Karthus, Veigar, Sion, Heimerdinger, Fiddlesticks
Tier 4 ÔÇô Lux, Leblanc
Hard to place ÔÇô Swain, Ryze, MalÔÇÖzahar

Physical Ranged Carries: These champions deal Physical damage and most of their damage comes from auto attacking. The utility they bring is mostly ranged powerful attacks or pokes.
Tier 1 ÔÇô Sivir, Ashe, Corki
Tier 2 ÔÇô Tristana, Twitch, KogÔÇÖMaw, Miss Fortune
Tier 3 ÔÇô Twisted Fate
Tier 4 ÔÇô Teemo, Ezreal, Kayle
Hard to place  

Melee DPS is being split into two groups as a lot of them fall into both categories. Laning Melee DPS and Junglers.

Laning Melee DPS: These champions deal Physical damage and often have to get up in champions faces to deal the majority of their damage. These champions do best in the lane.
Tier 1  
Tier 2 ÔÇô Pantheon, Shaco, Xin Zhao,
Tier 3 ÔÇô Irelia, Akali
Tier 4 ÔÇô Gangplank, Jax
Hard to place ÔÇô Tryndamere, Mundo

Junglers: These champions are often found clearing the jungle early game and are used for their ability to gank, control the jungle, and overall team utility.
Tier 1 ÔÇô Warwick, Rammus
Tier 2 ÔÇô Amumu, Shaco, Xin Zhao, Udyr, Olaf
Tier 3 ÔÇô Malphite, Trundle, Akali, Nunu, Irelia, Yi
Tier 4 ÔÇô Eve
Hard to place ÔÇô Tryndamere, Mundo

Support: These champions offer a lot of utility to a team in terms of crowd control, heals, and shields.
Tier 1 ÔÇô Janna, Sona, Taric
Tier 2 ÔÇô Morgana, Zilean
Tier 3  
Tier 4 ÔÇô Lux, Kayle, Soraka, Nidalee
Hard to place  

Tanks: These champions are the ones that should be generally initiating fights, and always be in the front to absorb damage or CC the other team.
Tier 1 ÔÇô Shen, Rammus
Tier 2 ÔÇô Garen, Amumu, Udyr, Olaf, Gragas
Tier 3 ÔÇô ChoÔÇÖGath, Malphite, Trundle, Mordekaiser, Nunu, Galio, Singed
Tier 4 ÔÇô Nasus, Blitzcrank
Hard to place ÔÇô Alistar

Sub-Categories: These categories arenÔÇÖt the main roles but still serve a purpose in competitive play.

Assassin/Anti Carry: These champions excel in destroying one champion or disabling them for long periods of time. They offer very strong single target utility in terms of damage or crowd control.
Tier 1 ÔÇô Warwick, Rammus
Tier 2 ÔÇô Kassadin, Garen, Olaf
Tier 3 ÔÇô ChoÔÇÖGath, Malphite, Poppy, Veigar, Akali
Tier 4 ÔÇô Leblanc, Nasus, Eve.
Hard to place ÔÇô MalÔÇÖzahar, Urgot

Bruisers: The champions are generally beefy in terms of stats and survivability combined with the ability to lane/CS very well and deny/kill the other champions in lane.
Tier 1 ÔÇô ..
Tier 2 ÔÇô Garen, Gragas
Tier 3 ÔÇô ChoÔÇÖGath, Malphite, Mordekaiser, Sion
Tier 4 ÔÇô ..
Hard to place ÔÇô Mundo

Counter- Jungle: These champions take smite and often try and steal neutral creeps and buffs for themselves well trying to kill the jungler. Often causing a lot of havoc between lanes and annoyance to the jungler.

Now this category is interesting because I donÔÇÖt know a lot about it but I know it is something that is used. There will only be a few champions here for now.
Tier 1 ÔÇô ..
Tier 2 ÔÇô Shaco
Tier 3 ÔÇô Poppy, Nunu
Tier 4 ÔÇô Blitzcrank
Hard to place ÔÇô Mundo

Oddball Roles: Nidalee - Now she fits into so many roles its extremely hard to place her one. I placed her in support because I feel that kind of suited her best with her map control and heal. I mean she cleans up fights well, she pokes well, she has map control, she can heal quite well, great lane control. SheÔÇÖs just such an oddball role. So any champion I have a hard time placing will go here and I will explain the best I can.
Anyway this list change a lot since they try to fix balance problems every 2 weeks or month.

You must try to own and play well many champions if you always want to make balanced teams. Some champions works perfecly with others. I play shen a lot cause he's very usefull for the team, as not many people like tanks.

I love evelyn too but it's hard to find good teammates to gank with you.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

That list is very wrong in some places so take it with a pinch of salt.
Regret

Post by Regret »

triton wrote:I copy pasted something precise and good about most reliable champions at top elo.
There are no tiers.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Need to organise a AT game with spring players.
DavetheBrave

Post by DavetheBrave »

Regret wrote:
Otherside wrote:Best farmer in game
That would be sivir. :regret:
My Corki would like a word with both of you.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I wish I could trust in a list like that and use it to excuse my performance with Poppy, but at the end of the day, it is the player and practice that makes the performance, not the hero chosen.

I'm experimenting with items, as I tend to. Some builds are oddly effective, like Dodge Poppy, or Life Steal Poppy, but honestly down in the pre-ELO ranks matches are so inconsistent you have to adapt to each one.

EDIT: And Morde is a douche.
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

my blitz would like a word with you triton.
if there was a initiator category he'd be tier 1...
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i liked malphite when i tried him (needed some speedboost items before he seemed any good though)

i think im just too new to really form an opinion; mordekaiser seemed interesting (and a similar name to mine) and also i liked the look of the frost archer
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

I started playing about a week ago after sak talked about LoL at length.

I can't really say what I think of it as I've only played a couple of games so far and there doesn't seem to be much cooperation or organisation in these beginner level randomly put together teams. Much of the game seems to be about teamwork so I'll have to wait and see how it is later on.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

LoL is the reason I kind of stopped playing Spring (XTA mostly). Name is TheMighty0ne (with a zero, not "O"). Add me if I know you :)

btw, its the same on EU server but I'm on US mostly. Just lvl20 on EU I think.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Neddie wrote:I wish I could trust in a list like that and use it to excuse my performance with Poppy, but at the end of the day, it is the player and practice that makes the performance, not the hero chosen.

I'm experimenting with items, as I tend to. Some builds are oddly effective, like Dodge Poppy, or Life Steal Poppy, but honestly down in the pre-ELO ranks matches are so inconsistent you have to adapt to each one.

EDIT: And Morde is a douche.
AP Poppy is the only way. Sheen + Boots as your first "big" items. Huge boost to your burst. Poppy is all about burst. Next up is Death Fire Grasp. Your ult gives you +40% dmg against a target. DFG deals 30% of targets max HP. With ult its 30% + 40% of that dmg. You also gotta take ignite with her cause ignite would deal additional damage. If you manage to stack some AP build Sheen into Lich Bane. Poppy is an anti-carry. With this build you will pulvarize squishies within fractions of a second. Teamfight starts, you wait till twitch appears. Ult > DFG > Charge > Blow > Ignite. It's 5v4 instantly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR5vR-n5U40 Here is a decent guide though a bit outdated but this dude is really pro.
DavetheBrave

Post by DavetheBrave »

Google_Frog wrote:I started playing about a week ago after sak talked about LoL at length.

I can't really say what I think of it as I've only played a couple of games so far and there doesn't seem to be much cooperation or organisation in these beginner level randomly put together teams. Much of the game seems to be about teamwork so I'll have to wait and see how it is later on.
Unfortunately, this doesn't really change unless you play with the same 5 people for a large number of games. Or at least that has been my experience.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

DavetheBrave wrote:
Google_Frog wrote:I started playing about a week ago after sak talked about LoL at length.

Unfortunately, this doesn't really change unless you play with the same 5 people for a large number of games. Or at least that has been my experience.
You can get amazing teamplay going with people you've never played before but they gotta know how the game works and how the champions work. The newbies have no idea about any of those things -.- they overextend, they push, they suicide then they blame you for not helping. Playing with people you know is best though (if they are good at the game). Coz even when you hit lvl30 there are tons of people with 1k wins who have no idea whatsoever about whats going on.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

after some testing, kennen seems ridiculously OP
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

This is the kind of game where I found out I was expected to read for five hours how to play, what to buy, which hero does what, etc.. before "knowing how to play", or even understanding why are my team mates yelling at me. I mean, not only I'm supposed to know the exact state and purpose of the hundred stupid items, but even all the "tech path" between them? And remember it all in a pinch, as time still flies when you're shopping. I'm supposed to know the strength, weakness, usual ways of playings, unusual way of playings, of a hundred or so number of heroes, that's almost as big as the number of units in a standard RTS, except RTS units usually are limited to one role, one weapon, little customisation. And the LoL launcher doesn't scale on my 4/3 with taskbar on the right side.

So yeah, no, sorry, not interested into spending days reading and monthes practizing before being allowed to enjoy a stupid video game.

AP Poppy is the only way. Sheen + Boots as your first "big" items. Huge boost to your burst. Poppy is all about burst. Next up is Death Fire Grasp. Your ult gives you +40% dmg against a target. DFG deals 30% of targets max HP. With ult its 30% + 40% of that dmg.
As unreadable as a MMO guide. And I say NO to drugs.

I mean, sometimes, I read video magazines, and sometimes they have game "solution" in them. When it's about a FPS or a RPG or a GTA or whatever, I can read it, it's a bit boring, probably spoiling, but I can still read it, word after word, and they make meaningful sentences, and I follow the thread until the end, and it makes sense. But whenever there's a MMO guide, it's chokefull of acronyms and short hand, so much supposing the reader has tons of reference I do not have, that I start skimming over the stats, over the item names, over wtf does that mean, until I realise I'm skimming not words, not mere sentence but whole paragraphs and reach end of the page without having been able to actually read the text. Well, TheMightyOne sounded just like that. No offense to you, TheMightyOne, I found more obscure LoL newbie help in printed papers.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Dota clones have a steep learning curve.

I Played them for ages so I know the abilities of all heroes in HoN/Dota/LoL (thats like 200+)

LoL is a bit more forgiving if you start at low rank but by the time you hit level 30 your expected to know everything.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

imma buy poppy; im only level 5, haven't even seen that character in a game i was in before :D
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

How about RTS guides though zwzsg?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”