Please add tapatalk support for this forum

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

It's really easy, and those of us with android phones will like you muchly!

http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php
MidKnight

Re: Please add tapatalk support for this forum

Post by MidKnight »

Is there any kind of FOSS alternative? :-)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

There is a free version of the app, and it costs nothing to add the plugin to the forum for tapatalk users.

And no, not that I have found. Tapatalk is freaking win and makes checking the forums as easy as checking my email.

The free version of tapatalk has one limitation and that is that you cannot post from it, but the app is like 3 bucks, I have it and it's worth it. Or for that matter you could just "Arrrr matey" it if you're that hard up.

Also, I lied, works with android, iphone, and half a zillion other mobile OS'.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Forboding Angel wrote: "Arrrr matey"
Forboding Angel wrote:iphone
I'm very confused. :cry:
smoth

Post by smoth »

I have been poasting from my iPhone for days now, what precisely doe tapatalk offer? Because honestly the only part that makes this difficult is apples shit texting setup. My old razor makes this phone look like inbred swine
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Apples texting is fine, the only sore point is auto correction. You cannot let a single false correction go or itll remember, and itll come back and bite you in future. If you are a stickler over it and do it right it turns from a nightmare to a godsend

That and people who insist on duck typing. I can touch type with two thumbs and get pretty decent accuracy on an iphone, and I can type with two hands on an iPad, I don't understand why some people revert to kindergarten typing, even if they touch type professionally at work.
smoth

Post by smoth »

It is crap, limited dictionary, iffy learning of words and of picks wholey untrelated words(it tried to put twisted for unrelated ffs) and the razor would memorize phrases as well.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

you have to be really pedantic when you first get it or itll do things like that. Its initial database is expanded based on what corrections you make, who you have in your contacts, and what you type. So its learning from you.

Also, I notice that the mistype correction e.g. if you type 'me' but press the e at the edge next to the r itll correct to mr thinking you mistyped.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

I've been posting from my phone as well smoth, but tapatalk would make that significantly easier. Instead of me trying to explain it, why not go to the link I posted above and poke around a bit?

But essentially, it's win.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I did a quick google and theres a phpbb theme for iphones and the like that can be hooked in to auto redirect mobiles
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

I don't have an iphone, I have an htc evo 4g. Lately I've been posting from it a good bit, but tapatalk will work for android and ifails and the rest of the lot.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

its an android phone, it was mentioned in the google project page. I seriously doubt any web based solution will ignore android
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

AF wrote:its an android phone, it was mentioned in the google project page. I seriously doubt any web based solution will ignore android
But who ever is doing it might only make the app for iphone.

Why is this even a discussion? It's a simple plugin install! Jesus if those of us who actually know how to do this stuff had access to the site, the facebook page, moddb, shit would go a lot more smoothly around here.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

I don't think that me registering as the forum owner at: http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php
is a very good idea.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

But ya know what? Fuckit. I'm not installing git tho. Here are the instructions.

The zip containing the necessary files have been attached to the post:

Installation is easy. It does not change any of your forum settings or overwrite any of your existing forum code and configuration. Simply follow the procedure below:

phpBB - Installation

* Place the zip package at the root of your forum system.
* Unzip the package. You should see a directory called "mobiquo" inside your forum system root directory. For example, if your forum URL is http://www.mysite.com/forum, it should be placed at http://www.mysite.com/forum/mobiquo/.
* Edit the file /<phpBB3_root>/styles/{YOUR_STYLE}/template/overall_footer.html
* Search in this file:

</body>
</html>

* Insert the following line above them

<script type="text/javascript" src="mobiquo/tapatalkdetect.js"></script>

* Purge the forum cache by logging in to the administration panel, find "Resynchronize or reset statistics" in the "General" section, click "Purge the cache".
Attachments
mobiquo_pb30_1_9_0.zip
(198.91 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Last edited by Forboding Angel on 30 Nov 2010, 10:41, edited 1 time in total.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Please let me know when this step has been done and I'll finish activating it.

(FYI, call me selfish, but tortoisegit's overlay icons interfere with tortoise svn's. I really don't want to have to mess with it, plus I don't have commit access, nor do I have the foggiest idea of how to make a patch with git. Considering that this requires extracting some files and adding a single line to another, I don't think that it's entirely necessary for me to have to do all this crap in a patch which will take me a significantly larger amount of time than it would be for someone with git and commit access to do it themselves)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Please review the patch notes.

Next developer to tell a gamedev that he is lazy for not installing git on windows is going to get bludgeoned to death with a spoon. Setting up git on windows is a fairly painful process, as is using git in the first place.

It would have taken any one of you devs 3 minutes to apply these changes, but as a result, I spent 30 minutes just getting git to work in the first place, and another 30 figuring out how to make a patch with git's retarded operating rules.

Thanks for making it as hard as possible. I'll be rushing to help in the future. /sarcasm

*Extension 'patch' is not allowed. Could a forum admin please add an exception for .patch to make it easier for people to submit patches via the forum?*
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Ok I submitted a patch 10th days ago. someone mind explaining to me why it hasn't gone through yet?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Return to “General Discussion”