Map: Memory Bank 0.2

Moderator: Content Developer

KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

[url]http://kdr_11k.from-hell.net/Memory%20Bank%200.2.sdz[/url]

I've been working on this map, no idea what it plays like in practice but I've noticed pathing problems, already did everything I could to reduce them but the units are just really fucking stupid now and will get caught on random corners. I'm tired so no screenshots from me today.

Edit by zwzsg:
Newer: [url]http://kdr_11k.from-hell.net/Memory_Bank_v3.sdz[/url]
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Re: Map: Memory Bank 0.2

Post by hoijui »

did you try with the testing versions of the engine?
Godde did a good job with giving feedback, and with Kloot fixing stuff in turn. if it is still not good, you could do the same as Godde (or as Kloot, if you are up to it). i will Kloots fixes from this week on the release branch for testing some-when today.
FireStorm_

Post by FireStorm_ »

I like the colour scheme of the map. Nice rainbow ramps. But i think it doesn't work when the texture hits the lowest level of the map. Then the fine grid is to much in my opinion.

I think it will be an improvement to make the texture at hight 0 a bit darker. Perhaps by choosing a darker colour purple, or make the texture grid more coarse/bigger?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Ah well, by the looks of it the issues aren't THAT major unless you have two traffic streams of spam passing through the same area so the map should be playable.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I've brightened up the black parts so the geometry is more visible in-game, now I can actually make a screenshot where people can see what's going on.

It currently has 4 start positions and 29 geovents on a 16x16 map.

Attachments
screen00005 small.jpg
(56.51 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Did you forget to increment the version number, or did you forget to upload the new version?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Haven't uploaded that yet, I'm waiting to see if there's some feedback on the gameplay that would require changes before I push another version out.

Return to “Kernel Panic”