IRC bridge for Spring lobby

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

If, for some reason, you want to connect to Spring lobby server with a standard IRC client, you can connect to an IRC bridge I have developed some time ago.

It doesn't require anything else than an IRC client. It has been used by several users for some time now, and seems quite stable. You can find some information about it here.
Chojin

Re: IRC bridge for Spring lobby

Post by Chojin »

Hi Bibim,

I'd really like to use your IRC bridge, but I happen to be in a network which blocks all default IRC ports.

Could you allow connection on non-default ports? like maybe 9999 or 7070 or 7777?

On the other hand, would you like to share your code? I would love to run it on my rented server for me and a few friends (and maybe make it public).

Thank you!
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Thanks for the bridge I use it quite often.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Chojin wrote:I'd really like to use your IRC bridge, but I happen to be in a network which blocks all default IRC ports.

Could you allow connection on non-default ports? like maybe 9999 or 7070 or 7777?
I modified the bridge to make it listen on multiple ports at the same time. Currently it listens for incoming IRC connections on both ports 6667 and 16667. I guess 16667 should be ok for you?
Chojin wrote:On the other hand, would you like to share your code? I would love to run it on my rented server for me and a few friends (and maybe make it public).
Well, I could release current running code publicly if there is really a need, but it would require making it a bit more generic, and documenting pre-requisites such as directory structure for IRC user modes persistence, ip/port configuration (currently hardcoded)...
Chojin

Post by Chojin »

Awesome! Works like a charm, Bibim - thank you very much :)

About the source: Of course the need to run it on my own server is gone now, but generally I think it's a good idea to make the source public - in whatever state - just so the knowledge won't get lost one day.

Thanks again!
Chojin

Post by Chojin »

Could you add "/back" to be sent when the irc client sends an "/away"? I tried joining &local and tell it "back" - but that doesn't work either, I am marked as away until I reconnect. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Thank you!
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

The standard way of setting you back on IRC is sending an AWAY message without parameter:

Code: Select all

Away

Sets your online status to "Away".
-
Syntax:  AWAY <reason> (Sets you Away with the reason given)
         AWAY (Un-Sets you as Away)
Example: AWAY Lunch time!
Chojin

Post by Chojin »

Sorry, I should have been clearer about this: "/away" (to un-set away) is not working. In Springlobby's /help I was told it uses "/back" instead - but yes, that could be something parsed.

I am using Irssi to connect to multiple networks.

When I'm away from the computer I use "/away gone for good" - all networks including IRCBridge for Spring handle this well

When I'm back I use "/away" to remove the away-marking. This is what IRCBridge ignores, while all other networks understand this command.
Chojin

Post by Chojin »

Seems there was an incompatibility with Irssi, and bibim fixed it in 2 minutes :)

Awesome! Thank you again!
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

I have a network failure on the server which is running the IRC bridge, I will try to migrate the bridge to another server tomorrow...
The Nixtux

Post by The Nixtux »

Thanks for the heads up. Hope it back up soon :)
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Problem solved, IRC bridge is back up and running on original server.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Wooooo~

Return to “General Discussion”