Eternal Annihilation (v1.04) - Page 11

Eternal Annihilation (v1.04)

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Hackfresser

Re: Eternal Annihilation (v1.04)

Post by Hackfresser »

i dont go to the ea autohost because nobody ever goes to the ea autohost.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

small suggestion, im amazed im saying this but.

senna gave samsons and rocket kbots nice 'feature;, they are able to shoot over dt etc. also, maybe u would like to test CA missle trucks ? (can shoot only when immobile)
Hackfresser

Post by Hackfresser »

i think i like BA's feature better: DT can block samson and rocket kbots. thats pretty neat, isnt it? we alrdy got plasma to shoot over that stuff
psihoxxx

Post by psihoxxx »

dt blocking rockets bots i dont like .... maybe some % of it

--> on arty vs t2 ... if u use it right u can kill hlt with no loses (cause saying move here then attack is so difficult) .... if u do it wrong u need more units ;) abot arty rape ... mix arty with close range units and maybe a tower or two and make them pay for the rape ...

it Spring ... its fun because of this details... if they're not here we can all play warcraft3 or halo wars
currently t2 units are kinda the middle units that either you spam them when you have the eco or just stand there as canon meat, they should provide a lot more strategic value to t1.5 situations.
Thats why delaying t2 cons would be nice on the t2 fac ofc, and reducing the metal cost of a t2 fac (not absurdely)

ok t2 fact may cost a bit less... so you could go t2 faster and not have to reclain t1 lab in proces ... u dont really have to delay t2 cons:

1.5 level kicks in since u can use some t2 units to back your t1 play because you still got the first t1 lab ... in back you build t2 con (same cost as now, but it will take longer since your still making t1 units) and start building eco while u still produce the cheap t1 units backing them up with a couple of t2 ...

since u combine units you dont need t2 eco (mohos) before sending some units to back your t1 ...

it would work better with t2 labs a bit cheaper so you dont eat your t1 lab while making t2 ...

when to go 1.5 and when to make a con and eco first becomes a strategic decision but both are available (i like Spring for giving u lots of options and letting u choose not forcing you in one direction) - delaying t2 cons would take that choice away from you...
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Hackfresser wrote:i think i like BA's feature better: DT can block samson and rocket kbots. thats pretty neat, isnt it? we alrdy got plasma to shoot over that stuff
i support anything that kills porc. but, to not make missle trucks op i also suggested ability to shoot only when immobile. for me dt should be used only to block units moves imo.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Why does porc need killing? It really sucks on most maps, that are not overcrowded anyway, at least if you/your team knows how to respond properly
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

do most ppl know how to kill porc ? 90% just make own hlt. so no. and no, combomb doesnt count :}
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

that's most ppl's problem not mine :regret:
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

imo balance should meet expectations of majority, not only urs

:regret:
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Majority can improve & be able to better deal with porc. If you build hlt when you don't need to that's your fault, not the games fault.
And majority doesn't even want to reduce porc, otherwise they wouldn't be playing dsd no?
Gota

Post by Gota »

Johannes wrote:Majority can improve & be able to better deal with porc. If you build hlt when you don't need to that's your fault, not the games fault.
And majority doesn't even want to reduce porc, otherwise they wouldn't be playing dsd no?
yes
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

yes it is games fault, if its hard to kill hlt rush + dgun with quite few units at start.

again, dt should block only units, not projectiles etc. but its just a suggestion
HectorMeyer

Post by HectorMeyer »

Defensive buildings and general defensive setups must always be stronger than mobile units/offensives for at least two reasons:

- Defensive play is already disadvantageous, compromising land control, resources, initiative, and flexibility.

- It gives a side at a temporary disadvantage the chance to come back. Because the first Weasel/Flash Rush can be stopped (more or less) effectivly with laser towers, the game doesn't get decided in the first minutes by one team having a small advantage, but gets more drawn out, strategic, interesting, and skill dependent.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Wombat wrote:yes it is games fault, if its hard to kill hlt rush + dgun with quite few units at start.

again, dt should block only units, not projectiles etc. but its just a suggestion
If it's not easily possible to go around the hlt, or take faster expansions in response to hlt, that's got more to do wit the map than anything.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

or fact its not 1v1 :regret:
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Wombat wrote:or fact its not 1v1 :regret:
Sounds more like the fact that it is dsd, kinda only map where fast hlt is any problem for someone who can think

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”