more clanmatches

more clanmatches

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

keijj0

more clanmatches

Post by keijj0 »

since there is this #clans channel in lobby. all the ppl who play clanmatches should put it in perform, so everyone can see fast whos online and ask for clanbattles more easily etc...
Jazcash

Re: more clanmatches

Post by Jazcash »

keijj0 wrote:since there is this #clans channel in lobby. all the ppl who play clanmatches should put it in perform, so everyone can see fast whos online and ask for clanbattles more easily etc...
If you have a clan with more than 3 people in it, ask me and I'll op the founder of relevant clan.

Also, I'm planning some clan/tourney stuff for the future, by future I'm talking a year or two. Would include automated systems and purty sites.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Whats the point of clan matches if people join clans just to participate in one game and some are in more than one clan on a permanent basis...
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

There is no real problem with one person participating in multiple clans. In fact, the decision can be seen as a benefit to a community this small. It allows one person to bolster the potential roster of multiple groups, thus improving the ability of each to field a team. As she or he remains a single person, she or he can only play on one of the participating teams in a clan match, so there is no interest conflict.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Your missing the problem...
Whats the point of winning with your clan if half the members are also in another clan..It's silly.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

What is the point of winning with any team, then? You organize clans for two purposes; to create a subcommunity of like-minded players and to field a cohesive and coherent team. The participation of one person in multiple clans doesn't change that - all she or he has to do is socialize with your clan and play well when she or he does play with your clan.

It may be more difficult for an individual to perform well in multiple clans, but that is why it is an individual and uncommon choice.
Gota

Post by Gota »

what?
When you play a single random team match its all about that single game it ha no higher meaning,its not a part of a streak...
Clan battles are a continuum of finding the superior clan :)
A bit of competitive spirit...
Clans in most games usually mean some sort of more or less competitive group...
I think we dont have more clan matches because there is no clan system...no rules for clans...etc...
Since nobody wants to agree on any rules and nobody including myself cares to actually make some sort of a clan system this will carry on like this, just liek it has been going on for years..

Clans in Spring have been "just a group of friends" without any rules for a long time...
At some point, way back, there were a few clans that had some standards which made clan matches more fun and competitive but since than the whole system degraded into meaningless tags and clan switching which is just a testament to why your desired definition of clans motivates practically nobody,but I'm fine with your opinions, since you dont take part of even what exists now.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

You still have said nothing which indicates people participating in multiple clans cannot be an effective part of what you articulate clan battles to be about. Nor is there any relation between some people choosing to play with multiple groups as an active clan member and many people choosing to wander from tag to tag. Clans with tags that mean something have the authority to request non-members untag, and they happen to use this authority regularly.

Clans in all games start with either the impulse to play with your friends or the impulse to win consistently. The former rise and fall as friendships do, the latter usually fracture and collapse because of their superficiality.
Gota

Post by Gota »

People participating in mutliple clans breaks the competitive aspect...
Lets go to the extreme.all the same 5 people are in 2 clans..
They do clan matches at different times when different players are in different clans etc...
What the point?No point.
There is no real clan competitiveness cause you do not specifically belong to one group you are in all available groups.
It's obvious to anyone who plays computer games that such an arrangement is silly, but apparently not to you.

you can just as well say that we all belong to one clan called the spring clan and be done with it...we are a small community so we have one clan..why have more if we switch constantly anyway.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Very few people would be in multiple clans, but those who would could serve a positive role. Your "extreme case" is a straw man argument that circumvents rather than addresses my own. In a robust clan system - as I've suggested in the past and am working on in private - the clan leaders/maintainers would still decide the membership and it is unlikely a single user would apply to and be accepted by enough clans to effectively dilute the sense of competition.

Assume you have twenty clans, averaging three unique users a clan, and ten people who each double up, bringing the total membership of the clans up to an average of four a piece. Four potential players is a significant step up from three - it means that the clan could participate in small clan matches more often, potentially across greater time zones. It would also open up the clan to playing larger matches and affiliating with other clans in extremely large or mixed clan games. On the whole you have seventy people playing, sixty of which are still clan purists - how are these ten going to degrade the "competitive" nature of the clan competition by expanding the opportunities and options for clan battles?
Gota

Post by Gota »

Except that that example is nothing like what we got in spring...we got like 3-4 clans that play more or less competitively..
And only a few players in each of the clans participate in clan matches..
So when 1-2 players multi clan or when 1-2 players join clans to play exactly one game...

This is a silly argument...I didn't circumvent your point I was merely exaggerating so you stop pretending like you don't understand why multi clan members is a negative thing.

Now you indirectly admitted its an issue but not on the scale you described in your last post, however, that scale is nothing like what we have in spring(if we had so many players and proper clans than your argument of enhancing clans sizes with multi clan members would be moot since you just wont need them).
The quantity of clans and players is much much lower than your example.
If i see Albator smurfing as lcc to play a 2v2! clanmatch it's just retarded to keep calling it a clan match...it's just a regular team game and is completely meaningless in terms of clan rankings and different clans skills.

Let's contrast the current situation with a proper clan system where you can't just skip form clan to clan and games and points are recorded.
perhaps there would be fewer opportunities to play clan matches but when they are played they will be more interesting and actually meaningful,being part of a clan score system(without a score system but with clan guidlines scoring would be more intuitive and less number based but it would still be way better than how thing are right now).

Since we dont have clan leaders or clans that are prepared to follow some sort of an unwritten guidlines, without a proper built in system and with constant clan switching and smurfing you get nothing.

Wait,you do get something...you get TLDR.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Gota wrote:Clans in Spring have been "just a group of friends" without any rules for a long time...
At some point, way back, there were a few clans that had some standards which made clan matches more fun and competitive but since than the whole system degraded into meaningless tags and clan switching which is just a testament to why your desired definition of clans motivates practically nobody,but I'm fine with your opinions, since you dont take part of even what exists now.
You're the one fuelling this 'problem' with your 40,000 smurfs each in a different 1-man clan. But you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Many of us enjoy being is proper clans doing clan matches, and many others enjoy being grouped in games with their mates for a good game with some friends. I fail to see the problem.
Gota wrote:Except that that example is nothing like what we got in spring...we got like 3-4 clans that play more or less competitively..
And only a few players in each of the clans participate in clan matches..
So when 1-2 players multi clan or when 1-2 players join clans to play exactly one game...
Let me finish your point: when 1-2 players multi clan or when 1-2 players join clans to play exactly one game... we get more clan matches and greater community spirit.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Well if you've got yourself a stable team, does it matter if you play vs [LCC]Alba and his LCC partner, [PiRO]Alba and his PiRO partner, or [MARS]Alba and his MARS partner? If you win you can feel good about yourself, if you lose you might see that you must improve a lot and work harder since you lose even to some clan switcher fag.

What matters to me is to play vs a good opponent... I won't stress and think some game is super important just because it happens to be between 2 clans, it just means the opponent might not curl up and die immediately if we play together decently. Which doesn't really differ from having opponents, who play well together but happen to be from separate clans.
Unless it's a tourney or a future clan league (which doesn't stop clans from playing non-league matches too ofc) or such, I don't think there's much extra prestige involved.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

So can we get a proper integrated clan system already? I think most people have been wanting this for ages but we're still using some old DIY makeshift system where to be in a clan you add a tag in square brackets at the start of your username.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Some here confuse what it means to have clan matches and team games...
ATM clans are just used to autobalance together...That i the only real use.

Team games are good and playing with friends in your clan is also good but real clan matches(that hardly take place),i.e competitive clan matches are absent.
Proper ones would include scoring and at least stable clans.
How can you evaluate a clan's gameplay strength if people are in several clans and if people are allowed to switch to play a single game...
Again I'm not against team games or playing with friends and having the same name for autobalance...

The desire to play versus and with good players has nothing to do with real clan matches since you dont need clans to find those good players(if Triton wasn't in pink id still know he plays well) where several groups of players from different clans play to establish what clan is the best...

I'm not surprised people don't care about clan "ego" It is exactly this absence of desire to establish competitive clans.
If you don't care about that extra value and nobody really cares what clan is best etc than you in fact dont have competitive clans.

A proper integrated system would drive people more towards having more competitive clans but if people are completely reluctant to be part of such a structure than even with a proper points and clan scoring system we would still not have competitive clans.
albator

Post by albator »

Gota wrote: If i see Albator smurfing as lcc to play a 2v2! clanmatch it's just retarded to keep calling it a clan match...it's just a regular team game and is completely meaningless in terms of clan rankings and different clans skills.
Vet account is not smurfing
Johannes wrote:Well if you've got yourself a stable team, does it matter if you play vs [LCC]Alba and his LCC partner, [PiRO]Alba and his PiRO partner, or [MARS]Alba and his MARS partner? If you win you can feel good about yourself, if you lose you might see that you must improve a lot and work harder since you lose even to some clan switcher fag.
I should ask for being in [Pink] also :D

never

About the topic:

Clan maches happend every evening with piro and lcc for exemple. I assume you cannot force poeple to make clan maches with tourney but only makes them aware that it exists. For exemple, I saw maybe one Fx there lately and some of them are much more active on the forum that ingame actually: it is up to them to come and play rather than posting on forum (especially if nothing happen after...)

So here is the imporant part:

Between 21h00 and 2h00 gmt, every evening, there is a bunch of no noob players playing clan maches, and by clan I mean poeple that are used to play together (against work also good) what so ever their tag is or change. More players would be appreciated to make more of them.
Now try to advertise that and make poeple come:

Stop Posting just PLAY
babbles

Post by babbles »

lol I remember my one and only BA clan match. it was vs MARS. that was fun
keijj0

Post by keijj0 »

most of you missed the point, pls join some channel ex #clans so we can see EASY whos online and whos not
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Spring has no clans. Clan is a group of players that are playing together to get better and to challenge other clans, not a group that's full of freelancers changing the clan every 2 weeks. So basically anyone who is in more than 1 clan, is just a freelancer, not a member of some certain clan, it's just simple as that. :)

Being in 3 different clans is just the same as if you were playing without a tag, you're clanless.
forest_devil

Post by forest_devil »

ok anytime you see 2 or more gbc members online they will 90% of the time be happy to play in a clan match. also feel free to private mail me for organizing times

in lobby i am [GBC]Harvey

Return to “Ingame Community”