Balanced Annihilation V7.19

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Changelog 7.18 --> 7.19 wrote:- Added the hitsphere fix gadget by kloot & Deadnight Warrior, reduces hitsphere sizes which were increased by engine update.
- Added Ambient Occlusion Groundplates to most buildings, thanks to Beherith
- Fixed the ability to disable units in the lobby.

- Core Commando metalcost increased (618->1126).
- Core Commando energycost and buildtime increased 30%.
- Core Commando drop gadget behaviour tweaked.
- Core Commando added Core Roach to buildlist.
Download Balanced Annihilation V7.19

Have Fun!
Wombat

Re: Balanced Annihilation V7.19

Post by Wombat »

;_;

anyway, lets leave unit itself, what about arm now ? they dont have ultimate drop unit :<
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Make Zeus and Mav survive trans drop and it'll be even. :p
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Actually, giving the Mav a similar set of powers (but different enough that it's not simply the Arm Commando) would help further push teh Mav into its own role instead of being fiddly to keep distinct from the other Arm Kbots.
Chamrin

Post by Chamrin »

Mavs are great as they are, 2-3 with good micro can stave off wave after wave of T1 units.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Mavs are fine as they are, they are more of a niche unit but they fit their niche perfectly and do amazingly well.

Although they are expensive. Twice as much m as a zeus, and a lot more e, if I remember correctly.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

ye, cool, but they dont survive getting shot down >>
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

Changelog 7.18 --> 7.19 wrote: - Core Commando added Core Roach to buildlist.

LoL at this...
losbellos

Post by losbellos »

Let me say some nice words then. I LOVE the AO on the buildings. It looks ten times better then previously. On some map which adds to the contrast, it looks terrific! Thanks very much for this great look!
frequencyandsulphur

Post by frequencyandsulphur »

Thanks very much for keeping Balanced Annihilation going. That said, i'm having a problem with BA that's a bit odd. Basically, I start off with no resource storage, so I can't build anything. I have a Commander, and he's there and happy, but nothing to hold the metal. The resource bars are 0 all across.

The following shows up in the logs, not sure if it's related:

Code: Select all

LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, GameStart, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/init_game_spawn.lua"]:71: Unsafe attempt to change game state
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'CreateUnit'
	[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/init_game_spawn.lua"]:71: in function 'SpawnStartUnit'
	[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/init_game_spawn.lua"]:130: in function 'GameStart'
	[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:917: in function <[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:915>
	(tail call): ?
Any advice? Thanks!
Niobium

Post by Niobium »

frequencyandsulphur:
What spring version are you running? Check that it is the latest
frequencyandsulphur

Post by frequencyandsulphur »

Niobium wrote:frequencyandsulphur:
What spring version are you running? Check that it is the latest
Alas, I'm on a Mac, so the latest version available to me is Spring 0.81.2.1. Perhaps that's where the problem lies. Either way, I can /give armmstor and /give armestor until there's a better fix.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

yeah, this is the problem. use an older version of BA (i think, 7.12 or so should work). game-play changes are not big between BA changes, and as you have an old version, you can not play online anyway.
for the future: always attach whole infolog.txt to your post, as file.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I'd like to make a complaint.

Regarding Dragonteeth:
  • When setting units to repeat and then queueing them to make dragonteeth, currently, the units will start reclaiming previous dt and replacing them with new ones. This is because dt are treated as features and when a building is set to be placed on a feature, the feature is set to be reclaimed first.
  • Hitboxes are a bit strange and confusing when it comes to dt. Do they block samson or rocko shots or neither? Do they always act this way? If not, what makes the difference, height?
  • When setting units to reclaim enemy wrecks, enemy dt should also be treated in the same way and reclaimed automatically, but not your own or ally dt.
  • What size does a unit have to be in order to crush dt? Cause imo, all t3 units apart from Mauderer should be able to do this, not just krogs or w/e else.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Jazcash wrote: [*]Hitboxes are a bit strange and confusing when it comes to dt. Do they block samson or rocko shots or neither? Do they always act this way? If not, what makes the difference, height?
It depends on what you are shooting at (Probably depends on the height of the center of the target). It will block when shooting on a com but not when shooting on LLT/HLT. NOOB :mrgreen:
Jazcash wrote: [*]When setting units to reclaim enemy wrecks, enemy dt should also be treated in the same way and reclaimed automatically, but not your own or ally dt.
Well, thats like it was about two years ago. I never understood why it has been changed. Was awesome.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Jazcash wrote:[*]Hitboxes are a bit strange and confusing when it comes to dt. Do they block samson or rocko shots or neither? Do they always act this way? If not, what makes the difference, height?
Depends on what theyre shooting at. If its a high structure it will not be blocked, but flashes or whatever can hid from them.
Also the positioning, height difference, etc also matters, well its just down to physics, like any other unit. Shooting at radar dots on flat height dt always blocks I think.

But yeah the repeat thing is really bad. Dunno about auto-reclaim, you might not always want to eat them, since they give shit m compared to proper wrecks, or want to keep the protection. And it's much easier to manually eat dt, than manually NOT eat dt while taking other wrecks. Also point can be made that forcing the enemy do a bit of micro to remove them is part of the unit.
bartvbl

Post by bartvbl »

The core metal extractor's script has been slightly "broken" lately;
the arms would start spinning before completely raised to the top, and would not raise to the full height (i.e. were "stuck" in the body of the mex).
I know it is nothing major, but I attached a fixed script just in case.
Attachments
cormex.zip
(764 Bytes) Downloaded 20 times
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

Any chance for a new release along with 0.82.7? :P

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”