SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

baracoder
Lobby Developer

AIs not working with SPADS

Post by baracoder »

Hello,
romulous wrote:....
Chicken bots don't spawn into the game. I've tried BA and CA chickens (latest versions).

infolog.txt from my local spring dir:
[ 0] ERROR: Unknown skirmish AI specified:
[ 0] Warning: No Chicken team available, add a Chicken bot
[ 0] (Assigning Chicken Team to Gaia - AI: Custom)
[ 29] Skirmish AI "Bot1", which controlled team 2 is now dead
[ 91] Game has ended

Chicken bots work with a relay host.
I have the same issue. Bots won't work with BA and BA Chicken. It doesn't matter which AI is selected.

I am using the SPADS v0.9.4a (auto-update: testing).

Is there a workaround?
baracoder
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by baracoder »

Hi,
Zydox wrote:
bibim wrote:
baracoder wrote:I have the same issue. Bots won't work with BA and BA Chicken. It doesn't matter which AI is selected.
I guess something changed in the way AIs are declared in the startscript, I will take a look at it when I have some time...
Hmm... I played E323 AI's with TeBe yesterday on [teh]Host, so I'd say that AI's works with BA 7.19 atleast... (running SPADS unstable)
I tried to play against E23AI on [teh]Host, it doesn't work for me. Maybe it is about springlobby. Which version of springlobby do you use?
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

baracoder wrote:I tried to play against E23AI on [teh]Host, it doesn't work for me. Maybe it is about springlobby. Which version of springlobby do you use?
I use TASClient 0.78...

Might be an issue with SpringLobby then...
McArcher

Post by McArcher »

When I add AI into game, it dies just after the game starts. How can I play with AI using SPADS ?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

McArcher wrote:When I add AI into game, it dies just after the game starts. How can I play with AI using SPADS ?
AIs should work with SPADS, can you check the generated start script (var/startscript.txt) ?
McArcher

Post by McArcher »

bibim wrote:
McArcher wrote:When I add AI into game, it dies just after the game starts. How can I play with AI using SPADS ?
AIs should work with SPADS, can you check the generated start script (var/startscript.txt) ?
haven't found such file.
Pavouk106

Post by Pavouk106 »

Helo Bibim, it was who had the problem with AI, as MrArcher said before.

Startscript looks like this

Code: Select all

[GAME]
{
  Mapname=Conversation;
  Gametype=Balanced Annihilation V7.31;

startpostype=0;

AutohostPort=8454;

HostPort=8452;

AutoHostName=Pisces;
  AutoHostCountryCode=CZ;
  AutoHostRank=0;
  AutoHostAccountId=190710;

IsHost=1;

NumPlayers=1;
  NumTeams=2;
  NumAllyTeams=2;

[PLAYER0]
  {
    Name=[CZ]Pavouk106;
    Password=<some hash here>;
    Spectator=0;
    Team=0;
    CountryCode=CZ;
    Rank=4;
    AccountId=170192;
  }
  [AI0]
  {
    Name=Bot1;
    ShortName=RAI|0.601;
    Team=1;
    Host=0;
  }

[TEAM0]
  {
    RgbColor=0.54118 1.00000 0.00000;
    TeamLeader=0;
    Side=ARM;
    Handicap=0;
    AllyTeam=0;
  }
  [TEAM1]
  {
    RgbColor=0.00000 0.00000 1.00000;
    TeamLeader=0;
    Side=ARM;
    Handicap=0;
    AllyTeam=1;
  }
I set the startpostype to 0 (should be fixed or random, AI should have no problem with both of them). AI is RAI, but AAI, KAIK and E323 does the same. They all dies right after game starts (counting goes to zero and you gain control of your comm). When the game is counting (3 -> 0), there is written "AI-bot" in player list and right after it, there is "dead team".

SPADS is running on mITX Atom based motherboard, I (Pavouk) am connecting from Core i5 (in the same subnet as host) machine and it's me who added the bot (is it my PC which computes bots actions or SPADS autoost PC does this?).

I have no problem with running all types of bots on my Core i5 machine when I host the game on it.
McArcher

Post by McArcher »

Pavouk106, where did you get this "startscript" file from? I have searched in entire disk C and haven't found any file (WinXP, C:\, "startscript" as a search-word, system and hidden files were included into search).
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

it is called script.txt, created by the lobby client, usually in your spring install dir.
Pavouk106

Post by Pavouk106 »

MrArcher - I'm not on mmy PC now, so I can't tell exactly, but it's in SPADS/var directory I think (SPADS\var in Windows I suppose - I run Linux).

Bibim - Is this the correct startscript? I haven't found anything which would look better (as startscript).

I will definitely have to look on my Spring compile options, I'm beggining to think I have not allowed bots support, but I was sure I have checked that before compiling.

Or maybe try to run autohost on my main PC, where bots are ok. If it's fine there, I should search for bug in my Atom server. I suppose it's my mistake, not Bibim's (autohost's).
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

McArcher wrote:Pavouk106, where did you get this "startscript" file from? I have searched in entire disk C and haven't found any file (WinXP, C:\, "startscript" as a search-word, system and hidden files were included into search).
I was speaking of the file generated by the autohost on the server, to launch the dedicated-server binary.
Pavouk106 wrote:Bibim - Is this the correct startscript? I haven't found anything which would look better (as startscript).
It is the file I asked for, yes. I didn't check it in details yet, but at first sight it seems ok...
Pavouk106 wrote:I will definitely have to look on my Spring compile options, I'm beggining to think I have not allowed bots support, but I was sure I have checked that before compiling.

Or maybe try to run autohost on my main PC, where bots are ok. If it's fine there, I should search for bug in my Atom server. I suppose it's my mistake, not Bibim's (autohost's).
I don't think the problem is related to your server. Basically spring-dedicated only routes network packets between clients, it doesn't require anything special to host games with AIs managed by clients.
Pavouk106

Post by Pavouk106 »

Bibim> I have AI compiled in my server Spring. I tried to find some sign of bug, but the best log I could find says almost nothing. It's on my desktop PC (which computes AI) in .spring/infolog.txt. There are many lines in it, but only these looks interesting

Code: Select all

[CZ]Pavouk106 added point: Start 0
ERROR: Unknown skirmish AI specified:  
Skirmish AI "Bot1", which controlled team 1 is now dead
Game has ended
Skirmish AI was set to NullAI and I also tried CppTestAI in this case. Both of them should work, because they do nothing... But no luck :-( You can try yourself, game is hosted by user "Pisces" and should be on 24/7. Feel free to try it yourself.

EDIT: Another player tried it for me, bots not working again :-( Problem will be in my SPADS (configuration) or in Spring server or (which is unlikely) in my network configuration (games with human players are ok).
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Thanks for the report.
It should be fixed now, can you re-try ?
Pavouk106

Post by Pavouk106 »

bibim wrote:Thanks for the report.
It should be fixed now, can you re-try ?
You mean update SPADS (I had stable, but switched to unstable) and then try with AI again? I'm not on my PC now, so I can try it in about 8 hours from now if update of SPADS is needed and normal (random) user have privileges to update it (I suppose only users that I set up in configuration file can do things like updating SPADS).
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

SPADS auto-updates itself (check autoUpdateDelay global setting), so there is no need to launch a manual update.

I saw your bot was configured for unstable, so I updated the unstable repository and your bot auto-updated.

I recommend not using unstable release though, as it is more likely to contain severe bugs than other releases (you can revert to testing or stable once you checked the problem is solved in unstable, I will apply the patch to other releases...).
Pavouk106

Post by Pavouk106 »

Confirmed by friend - played battle against AI and AI wasn't dead right after starting countdown. Thanks Bibim, good work.

Can I ask (just curious) what was bad?
McArcher

Post by McArcher »

I forgot one detail. The game, in which AI died, was a game with start positions, selected in game, i.e. i drew 2 starting zones (with a !split commnd) and assigned AIs to 2 different alliances.

Did you manage to start the game with AI with the same settings?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Pavouk106 wrote:Can I ask (just curious) what was bad?
There was an incompatibility with the way your lobby client provides the AI version in the ADDBOT command.
That's why you had "ShortName=RAI|0.601;" in your startscript, instead of "ShortName=RAI; [...] Version=0.601;".

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”