contraceptive woes - Page 3

contraceptive woes

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: contraceptive woes

Post by Forboding Angel »

As a product of the "Pull out" method, let me be the first to tell you, It doesn't work. :-)

Regarding birth control, as mentioned, the shot is very much russian roulette. Some women will have no trouble with it, others will have no end of issues. If you don't ever want kids, get a vasectomy. That is of course the safest option.

Second option is, try a different brand of condoms. Perhaps the brand you using just sucked or etc. There is a lot of difference between brands, believe me.

Edit, it's worth noting... I dunno if anyone else has this problem, but trojans are too goddamn small for me, it's like my best friend is getting suffocated. Lifestyles seem to be a much better fit.

I would advise staying away from trojans as in my experience, they're just too dang tight. I can't imagine that I'm the only one that has this problem with them.
Last edited by Forboding Angel on 30 Sep 2010, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

SwiftSpear wrote:generically bigoted (and therefore funny)
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

you could try condoms again but ye brand is important even the same brand in different countries don't seem to be the same.

I tried pretty much the same condom (Durex Featherlights) a packet in Gibraltar and a packet in Spain. The spain ones cut my circiulation and were actually painfull. I guess Spanish people have smaller penises in general :P.

But Condoms ruin pretty much any pleasure a guy gets out of sex, so i feel sorry for you if you have to go that route :(.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Forboding Angel wrote:As a product of the "Pull out" method, let me be the first to tell you, It doesn't work. :-)
urgh, why would you ask by what method you were concieved :?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Forboding Angel wrote:Edit, it's worth noting... I dunno if anyone else has this problem, but trojans are too goddamn small for me, it's like my best friend is getting suffocated. Lifestyles seem to be a much better fit.

I would advise staying away from trojans as in my experience, they're just too dang tight. I can't imagine that I'm the only one that has this problem with them.
Aren't it funny how people never complain about loose condom, but are always keen on saying king size was too tight.

But Condoms ruin pretty much any pleasure a guy gets out of sex, so i feel sorry for you if you have to go that route :(.
From the little prints in the back, I found out they add anesthesic, supposedly to help last longer. No wonder sensations are numbed.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Yep most condoms are too small for me as well
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

d-gun wrote:
Pxtl wrote:*must resist urge to make women's studies jokes*.
whats wrong with women's studies? have you ever taken a course? read a book? glanced at a syllabus?
Q: How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: That's not funny.

/and seriously, I'm well aware of the all-consuming power of The Patriarchy and Rape Culture and all the rest of that stuff.
//Women's Studies is a political movement masquerading as an academic field.
///not that there's anything wrong with feminism, I just don't think other political movements have their own academia.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

Johannes wrote:Yep most condoms are too small for me as well
just snip the part off the end, works great for me

i call it "turtleneck"
Erom

Post by Erom »

Try different chemistry condoms too. The latex ones kind of suck. The polyurethane ones aren't bad, but personally I much prefer the polyisoprene ones. They're all worse than none, obviously, but sometimes that's what you have to deal with in life.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

zwzsg wrote:Aren't it funny how people never complain about loose condom, but are always keen on saying king size was too tight.
Isn't.

I wasn't complaining about the "King size" (which are trojan magnums btw, and you could easily put one on a softball bat... Magnums are something that are generally joked about), I was complaining about the brand in general. Like otherside was saying, cut off circulation so badly that you can't even feel it anymore.

Edit: Durex and lifestyles are pretty similar in the way they are. I'm convinced the trojans were made for asians.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

KaiserJ wrote:
Johannes wrote:Yep most condoms are too small for me as well
just snip the part off the end, works great for me

i call it "turtleneck"
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Pxtl wrote://Women's Studies is a political movement masquerading as an academic field.
///not that there's anything wrong with feminism, I just don't think other political movements have their own academia.
Ethnic Studies
Economics
LGBT/Queer Studies
French

All fields supporting particular political movements.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Economics isn't so much a political movement as a mixture of a religion and alchemy.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

First of all, the rampant sexism and trolling in this thread threatens to convince me to close it out of hand.

Anyway, I've always been personally paranoid about unwanted pregnancy, being a bastard myself. While I eventually wish to have children - and a sizable number - I have no wish to have one whilst in a situation unsuited for parenting, or indeed with the immature partners presently available. I figure they have about five to ten years to go.

I used to require the trifecta - spermicidal lubricant, condom, female hormonal birth control. Now I waver on either the condom or the lubricant, but two methods are necessary.

There is a wide selection of hormonal birth control options, they often function differently. There are always side effects, but the common side effect of reduced menstrual flow and frequency should be enough to convince most women to partake. Your girlfriend should shop around for a better fit, if this is unacceptable, but as noted above in more sexist terms, people are lazy. It is true that numerous female sex hormones contribute to fat development, just as testosterone promotes muscle development and permits a greater degree of marbling. However, most people don't get the exercise they need to maintain a healthy body, and most people eat convenient foods they've been conditioned to like which have little or no nutritional value.

The point is, if you don't want children now and you do want children in the future, condoms and birth control are really the way to go. Keep some Plan B on hand if the condom breaks. Remember to change condoms after twenty minutes of use. To mitigate the side effects of various hormonal birth control regimens, you can always work together on diet, exercise habits, sleep schedule, etcetera... or just switch to a new regimen.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Pxtl wrote:Economics isn't so much a political movement as a mixture of a religion and alchemy.
Politics and religion are both abstractions of power used to simultaneously exert artificial selective pressure upon and control the activities of the populace.

Also, Economics doesn't seek to turn lead into gold, it simply shovels bullshit as fact.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I seriously take offense to being considered sexist for my post.

fact of the matter is that anyone claiming that birth control is a toxin or a poison is a fucking brain washed moron.

Birth control is the single biggest influence in female sexual freedom and to not recognize that is outright colossal ignorance.

Women want to be treated equal but fully enjoy the leniency society gives them further weakening the feminist cause. They play pouty face with cops, use "sex appeal" to get through courses and use their tits to try and land the wealthiest man possible so they can have an easy life.

We live in a double standard society where I cannot punch a bitch in the face without a bunch of retarded man children telling me it is wrong. FUCK YOU, I will beat her ass like she is a man because I see her as my equal and as such will give no quarter. Just because someone is not as physically strong as you are does not mean they cannot best you. I have fought girls, even lost a few fights with some. Hell this one chick bit me on the back, something I never met and was enough for her to get a good punch in after that. You know what, I respect that. Oh and before the chauvinists say she was a dike, she was actually attractive so there.

NO I refuse to let down the fight and each and every day I talk to people i raise the issue. However, to confuse my rage about how women simply play the hand that they are given and reap the negatives and positives all while claiming inequality makes me rage.

Why should a woman take birth control? Because it is her fucking body and if some dude knocks her up, SHE has to carry the child. By the time it is born that dead beat fucker could be gone. So even when they get male contraception right(and believe me dudes want it) women still will not trust men. They cannot.

Yet of course my post was sexist. While I watch many of you get championed for raging about some chick getting her ass whooped? what does that say about you? Where is your respect for her strength as a women? It doesn't exist, pity exists out of contempt for others and I refuse to pity someone on the basis of gender.

Want to get pissed about it, fine but I will continue until feminists are no longer needed and equalist becomes the new term.

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging certain physical and mental differences. We have different hormonal make ups. However all this coddle culture bullshit needs to fucking stop.

chemicals my ass
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Umm, Smoth, maybe you should take a walk, clear your head? I'll admit I make fun of the self-contradictory attitude of feminism a fair bit... but... uh...

damn.

Yes, people get older, and things change. You shouldn't assume that a loss of libido and putting on weight and all that is BC. For a lot of folks, that's just "not being a teenager/20-something anymore, and the magic is gone from the relationship".

But that doesn't quite call for the antifeminist rant.

Really, in general this kind of polical stuff in the forum isn't going to do anything but get feelings hurt. Whether it's Gota talking about Israel/Palestine, or Lathan posting "kill the Mexicans" videogames, or Forb's... well, pick one.

This really just isn't the place for it - all you get is rage, rage against people that would be nice to work and play with.
smoth

Post by smoth »

It pisses me off when people act that way. Anyone with any understanding of a woman can tell you all the things that periods get in the way of. Birth control is an amazing drug and has given women freedom they never had before. It makes me so angry.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Guys, GUYS

smoth is mad, listen up
d-gun

Post by d-gun »

thread lock requested

...sheesh

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”