manolo - tha master specca is back

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

hey,

im back and i recognized some cool changes (raven, cloak-effect). who ever is the new dev, keep on ;)
Deadnight Warrior

Re: manolo - tha master specca is back

Post by Deadnight Warrior »

manolo_ wrote:i recognized some cool changes (raven)
Ah, the ├╝ber OPed Raven did caught your attention?
I didn't want to include that change as it was totaly experimetal (i'm still wondering how did I let that slip into a release), but since some people kinda like it (at least for teh Lulz), I reduced damage from 800 to 600 and edgeEffectivness from 0.75 to 0.2 (XTA 9.642b).
So Ravens aren't so ├╝ber OP but only moderatly OP, but still cause the same LOLOLOL when launching 50+ rockets in a continous 20 sec barrage.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

i also recognized some lups (?) --> fighter propulsion
babbles

Post by babbles »

cloaking is spring afaik
Deadnight Warrior

Spring only makes a unit semitransparent when cloaked. The LUPS gadget makes the unit cloak in the team colour and it looks as if the model was made of coloured glass.
The downside of the gadget is that it can sometimes make the unit completly invisible when cloaking after being decloaked. That happens to mines often.
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

So did you figure out which files in particular are needed to make units cloak?
Sheekel

Post by Sheekel »

Deadnight Warrior wrote:
I didn't want to include that change as it was totaly experimetal (i'm still wondering how did I let that slip into a release), but since some people kinda like it (at least for teh Lulz), I reduced damage from 800 to 600 and edgeEffectivness from 0.75 to 0.2 (XTA 9.642b).
So Ravens aren't so ├╝ber OP but only moderatly OP, but still cause the same LOLOLOL when launching 50+ rockets in a continous 20 sec barrage.
.75 to .2 is a pretty big reduction, have you done testing or did you pull that number out of a hat
Sheekel

Post by Sheekel »

Deadnight Warrior wrote:
.75 to .2 is a pretty big reduction, have you done testing or did you pull that number out of a hat
Deadnight Warrior

oksnoop2 wrote:So did you figure out which files in particular are needed to make units cloak?
Not really, but I see the overall picture compared to before introducing any LUPS.
Sheekel wrote:.75 to .2 is a pretty big reduction, have you done testing or did you pull that number out of a hat
Yes, I did. Before this reduction one Raven could kill a group of 25 Warriors (stacked together in a 5x5 arrangement) with one salvo of ~25 rockets, now it has to launch 40-50.

Return to “XTA”