CA problems

CA problems

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

arbolis

CA problems

Post by arbolis »

I don't know where I should post the infolog of my problems. So I post it here...
Seems a problem with LuaUI; reloading it doesn't work and I get an error as you can see in the infolog.
Attachments
infolog.txt
(65.44 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Re: CA problems

Post by Licho »

Bug in mod, fixed for next version.
It happens if you disable chili commandmenu.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

When i start CA being as spectator to watch AI vs AI the first team is invisible. This bug appeared since 0.82.5. Under 0.82.5.1 there is the same bug. Or may be it is due to some changes in CA.

Tested CA version: stable-8405.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

What do you mean by invisible?

There is a known bug where N-1 AIs are spawned with N = number of AIs you told Spring to spawn.

Give one team 2 AIs, if you don't end up with 1v1 fudge around the AI player IDs until you do.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

I mean i see no AI but according to log files it is playing. Occurs for CA only.

I am sure spawned both AIs because game is not ended at beginning.

Ho to repeat. Run SL, select single player tab, set player as spectator, add two bots (of any type, even CA built-in), run the game.

Also i found another bug with faction selection widget (or gadget): it is shown for spectators. Is it active for AI players also?

PS. On screen blow you see the second AI player. First one is invisible (it should be spawned on top hill). As you see game is running.

Also i'm running game in windowed mode.

Attachments
screen00090.jpg
(77.71 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

As google said, its a known issue. As a work around, add three AI's.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

Missing AI bug fixed in 8486. (Blame yourself for spectating or engine that put's you on team 0.)
slogic wrote:Also i found another bug with faction selection widget (or gadget): it is shown for spectators. Is it active for AI players also?
That shouldn't happen in latest test either.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

SirMaverick wrote:Missing AI bug fixed in 8486. (Blame yourself for spectating or engine that put's you on team 0.)
Where it should put me then? I thought team id for spectators means team to observe.

The bug with absent AI can be the bug of SL because it sucks when (for example) 1st bot is re-added in a list of two or more bots.

Thanx for the fix. This bug was really CA specific for me cause other mods work fine.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

slogic wrote:
SirMaverick wrote:Missing AI bug fixed in 8486. (Blame yourself for spectating or engine that put's you on team 0.)
Where it should put me then?
That was supposed to be a funny side note.
I thought team id for spectators means team to observe.
Players are assigned to their teams, spectator to team 0. That's synced part.
What you read on unsynced part might be different. You're still on same team, just your view changes.

Return to “Zero-K”