Balanced Annihilation V7.18 - Page 6

Balanced Annihilation V7.18

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

albator

Re: Balanced Annihilation V7.18

Post by albator »

Jazcash wrote:When I think about it, every EMP unit is cheap cheap cheap and builds fast fast fast. They must have been modified to suit a very different style of gameplay when they first became so cheap.

Seriously, somebody underrated EMP when giving these units such cheapiness and such low build time.

Stilettos are ok imo but Dragonflies and Bladewings need a nerfin'.
Any AA kill a blade in one shot. considering that, they are extremly expensive in term of coast/hp.

Raid are still possible since if you raid with one unit, the core player need to use one bladewing + one offensive unit to kill it, which requires a tremendous amount of micro if you also micro your raid...
Plus you need a second factory to do blades wings in small game. In large game, you have mobil antiair everywhere (com). When you have 2 times less fire power, you cannot nerf baldes.
There are so much unba units, you just pick the one that allows you to sum up the game in stumpy spam. I am sure you will find some only-arm player to support you. Keep trying and small game will sum up with arm-faction-stumpy-spam only.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

@ h20 - u ever heard of raiding with levs or com ?

imo, units should be emp'd when they get 'shot' by bladewings, not even 2 or 3 secs after
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I forgot something on my list so made an edit. It is that in most cases, it's easy enough to make enough Blades to EMP a raid's AA units as well as everything else in it. Blades are so fast that they can just zip right in there and EMP all the AA first then just takes a tiny bit of micro to make them EMP everything without anything getting free. They you can kill all the units with a flea, reclaim them or cap them, whatever you please.

Even if most AA kills a Blade in one shot, it hardly effects them cause they're so fast you can just avoid AA without even losing one of them tbh.
Chamrin

Post by Chamrin »

Really I think you should just remove the ability of transports from picking up enemy units. It will solve a lot of problems.

As for bladewings, give them a minor nerf in cost, or buildtime, see how it goes, rebalance if still not working well.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

http://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=2102

Include the gadget linked there? Unit sizes atm, are totally fucked.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Will do, thanks for reporting that
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

so, when are u going to remove commandos ? its bs, i dont want to spam aa AND ground def to protect myself vs airdrops :<
Deadnight Warrior

Post by Deadnight Warrior »

Regarding that collision volume problem, I've made an improved hitsphere scaledown gadget based on the kloot's one.
Affects only default hitspheres (I hope) and doesn't modify collision volume if it was set manually in unit definition.
Small hitspheres (<=47, aka Flash, Instigator, Flea, etc.) are affected to a lesser extent than larger ones, this is in order to make targeting small units easier.
TheFatController

Wombat wrote:so, when are u going to remove commandos ? its bs, i dont want to spam aa AND ground def to protect myself vs airdrops :<
I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to complain about the commando, dont suppose you have a replay demonstrating OPness? (they should really be situational and if they're being spammed too early there's something probably wrong in the unit design.)
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

TheFatController wrote:I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to complain about the commando,
i expected them to be fast lulzy experiment and they will disappear after like a week >>
Niobium

Post by Niobium »

Basically take every argument and complaint about comdropping in bases, of which there have been many, and apply it to commandos.

Commandos are just the absolute perfect drop-base-rape unit, even going as far as using gadgets to make them even more OP than regular spring mechanics would allow... (And then not mentioning any of these hidden gadget effects in the changelog, trololol?)

It's like Regret got annoyed at only having one commander he could drop and kill bases with, so you went and designed the ultimate drop unit, and made it cost 600 metal.. Hell, you don't even need to build an airlab.

For those who don't know the gadgets effects:
- Commandos make their carrying transport radar invisible
- Commandos always drop out of T1 transports, no matter the height
- Commandos take almost no fall or bounce damage (15 per bounce)
- Commandos take reduced damage from mines (12%)
- Commandos take no damage from mines they built
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Niobium wrote:
Is that also true for T2 transports?
Niobium

Post by Niobium »

klapmongool wrote:
Niobium wrote:
Is that also true for T2 transports?
Any transport.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

Niobium wrote: For those who don't know the gadgets effects:
- Commandos always drop out of T1 transports, no matter the height
- Commandos take almost no fall or bounce damage (15 per bounce)
- Commandos take reduced damage from mines (12%)
- Commandos take no damage from mines they built
Thanx, did not know any of this, TFC did not mention it? Will try em now for sure.
TheFatController

It's t1 transport only NOT t2, they cost 618 metal alone and have 1100hp.

They're supposed to be more expensive and less effective than a t2 bomber and used situationally only (because they do offer a slightly different opportunity to t2 bombing)

Of course if one side has 2 pulverisers and a packo guarding their base and a tech rusher with adv fusions makes and drops 15 commandos then they're going to appear overpowered but no less so than 15 commandos worth of t2 bombers would be.

If they are being misused or spammed I wouldn't be averse to giving them a hefty cost increase to put them more inline with say the Termite, otherwise if they are really that hated I don't care too much to remove them again.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

TheFatController wrote:otherwise if they are really that hated I don't care too much to remove them again.
:mrgreen:

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”