Eternal Annihilation (v1.04) - Page 3

Eternal Annihilation (v1.04)

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Hackfresser

Re: Yet Another BA Fork - Eternal Annihilation (v1.02)

Post by Hackfresser »

on the other hand, i feel that different poeple have different opinions, which would contradict when working on the same mod

somebody should have the last word
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Seems to play fine so far for me. :-)
Although i agree dropped bomb number nerf might be too much, bombers already got recent heavy reload time nerf from BA and cost increase in this one. :|
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

What is the reasoning behind the EMP vs moving targets thing? As far as i can see, its just a good reason to keep everything on patrol or repeat move all the time, or is it actually to make EMP better vs buildings (In which case, why not make it better vs buildings?).
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

Gota wrote:Nobody ever wants to.I have asked several people.
I suppose everyone wants to be king of their own game,have their own vision and are not willing to compromise on it.
We are all basically doing the same work like 10 times...adding the same models same effects same widgets adjusting and fixing the same bugs etc..

It's a great use of man hours...especially in a small community like this one.
just wanted to say that this is not necessary; you could have for example the same base content then all tweaks done in separate mutators; or even a self contained archive that switches balance modes with modoptions
Gota

Post by Gota »

BrainDamage wrote:
Gota wrote:Nobody ever wants to.I have asked several people.
I suppose everyone wants to be king of their own game,have their own vision and are not willing to compromise on it.
We are all basically doing the same work like 10 times...adding the same models same effects same widgets adjusting and fixing the same bugs etc..

It's a great use of man hours...especially in a small community like this one.
just wanted to say that this is not necessary; you could have for example the same base content then all tweaks done in separate mutators; or even a self contained archive that switches balance modes with modoptions
Yes..
This would mean though that people will need to actually cooperate and accept the idea that other people's work might also be good.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Saktoth wrote:What is the reasoning behind the EMP vs moving targets thing? As far as i can see, its just a good reason to keep everything on patrol or repeat move all the time, or is it actually to make EMP better vs buildings (In which case, why not make it better vs buildings?).
Imo it's incorrect to determine that this will never affect non-buildings because the extreme case of autopacing every unit technically exists. Only a minority of people even autopace their com for comnaps so doing this for every unit isn't likely (plus the problems this would cause with units facing the wrong way and blocking stuff would outweigh the minor benefit). Even in the extreme case this still affects stopped builders using their nanolathes.

The general direction is to make attacks vs an EMP guarded enemy a bit more effective, tho the actual impact ingame is quite small.

I also want to note that there was an unintentional change to Bladewings which made them less effective than intended which is fixed for 1.03 (their beamtime was doubled which causes them to waste a lot of damage).
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Problem with reducing effectiviness of EMP to moving targets is that stilettos and spiders become even less worthwile cost/buildtime effective etc. than before.
Teutooni

Re: Yet Another BA Fork - Eternal Annihilation

Post by Teutooni »

luckywaldo7 wrote:He skipped DA and went right to EA! This man means business!
Sorry, DA is already taken - Drolito Annihilation. Couldn't find working links anymore... :<
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Next up, GA - Gratuitous Annihilation.
Gota

Post by Gota »

does anyone dare to write all the *A mods in spring's history?
Pxtl

Re: Yet Another BA Fork - Eternal Annihilation

Post by Pxtl »

Teutooni wrote:
luckywaldo7 wrote:He skipped DA and went right to EA! This man means business!
Sorry, DA is already taken - Drolito Annihilation. Couldn't find working links anymore... :<
Iirc, there was also a Delta Annihilation.

I know GA was Gundam Annihilation. And H was Hardcore Annihilation. Was there an F? Or an I?
Gota

Post by Gota »

I dont think anyone would be stupid enough to call his mod FA...
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

forb-dorbing angellation!

edit: i'd really love to see you do a complete re-vamp of t1 sea, any plans on changes in that area?
albator

Post by albator »

TheFatController wrote:
Saktoth wrote:What is the reasoning behind the EMP vs moving targets thing? As far as i can see, its just a good reason to keep everything on patrol or repeat move all the time, or is it actually to make EMP better vs buildings (In which case, why not make it better vs buildings?).
Imo it's incorrect to determine that this will never affect non-buildings because the extreme case of autopacing every unit technically exists. Only a minority of people even autopace their com for comnaps so doing this for every unit isn't likely (plus the problems this would cause with units facing the wrong way and blocking stuff would outweigh the minor benefit). Even in the extreme case this still affects stopped builders using their nanolathes.

The general direction is to make attacks vs an EMP guarded enemy a bit more effective, tho the actual impact ingame is quite small.

I also want to note that there was an unintentional change to Bladewings which made them less effective than intended which is fixed for 1.03 (their beamtime was doubled which causes them to waste a lot of damage).

Noone complain about blades except jazz anyway. Even Johan who sometime is playing arm too much is not complaining about that. There is a reason. To make EMP effective, you need good micro skill. Cause you can loose all your blade realy fast: one AA shoot and you loose 60 metal and 1K energy.
Blade did not need to be weaked at all: you actually see very few poeple using them. Poeple should focus on other balance issue than that. It is like if I was starting to complain forever about janus being able to fire above wreak in all thje threads whereas riot cannot.

Just revearse blades as they used to be
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

my 4 bulldogs + 2 flak just got ground to a halt by blade spam on tabula-v2 BA. They did have to take a timeout though.. >.>
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

I agree with albator, blades are fine. Only one person complains about them, and he just complains really loudly. They were balanced just fine as they were.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

Things have to change if its a new mod. Sounds like bladewings haven't changed much. See if you can spot the difference and revert it if it breaks anything.?
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

momfreeek wrote:Things have to change if its a new mod. Sounds like bladewings haven't changed much. See if you can spot the difference and revert it if it breaks anything.?
Change for the sake of change is dumb. It needs focus and reason.

Bladewings are balanced, thus, rebalancing is pointless and a step backwards.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

Is it now unbalanced? If not, then what is the issue? There is more to unit behaviour than just balance (what about gameplay?) and any change will have its objectors.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

albator wrote:Noone complain about blades except jazz anyway. Even Johan who sometime is playing arm too much is not complaining about that. There is a reason. To make EMP effective, you need good micro skill. Cause you can loose all your blade realy fast: one AA shoot and you loose 60 metal and 1K energy.
Blade did not need to be weaked at all: you actually see very few poeple using them. Poeple should focus on other balance issue than that. It is like if I was starting to complain forever about janus being able to fire above wreak in all thje threads whereas riot cannot.

Just revearse blades as they used to be
I know many people who complain about Blades. And it's the opposite of me sucking with them, I find them too easy. You have a giant army rushing at you, raiders, stumpys, flash, maybe even a few sams. I'm Core, wut 2 do? I know! Spam Blades in their dozens, easily EMP the whole army, kill them all with scouts.

Seriously, say what you like, Blades were OP, now they're not so bad. If this change is reverted I will assassinate Albator myself.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”