Eternal Annihilation (v1.04) - Page 2

Eternal Annihilation (v1.04)

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

momfreeek

Re: Yet Another BA Fork - Eternal Annihilation (v1.02)

Post by momfreeek »

Nixa wrote:I lol'd, I make a few tiny changes that primarily effect large games and I get flamed, he makes a whole raft that effects basically only large games and is hailed a hero :P
Its not easy to please the masses, any change will have its objectors. FC gets credit and trust from his year(s?) of well executed maintenance of BA.

best, first change is the name: Balanced Annihilation always was an awful name for a game
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

This is true, you'll like samsons as they are currently troy, they will overshoot like crazy XD. So now your "I only spam samson" strat will be uber cool
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Why does Timmy need 2k e more per shot than BB now? They have almost same stats, BB is smaller (can stick more in one place) and Arm doesn't have to bomb plasma shields (they have EMP silo with similar range as BB, so they can just stun and BB them)...IIRC it was for these reasons Timmy e per shot was lowered to BB one in the past. Also, is it intentional that cost difference between Core and Arm t2 cons (with Core ones more expensive) are now in relation greater than in BA?
Most changes seem interesting, gonna give this one a try. :)
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Klopper wrote:Why does Timmy need 2k e more per shot than BB now?
Different reload times!
Gota

Post by Gota »

do you mean it is longer?cause if it both takes more E to fire a shot and has longer reload than its a double blow :)
Hackfresser

Post by Hackfresser »

I support the idea but two forks being developed at the same time is a bad idea imo. You should team up with the BA2 people.
i dont like nixa's changes. this is a lot better.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Nooo commbomb nerf ;-;

Anyway hope this gets played to follow the history of AA -> BA change. :regret:

Nixa wrote:I lol'd, I make a few tiny changes that primarily effect large games and I get flamed, he makes a whole raft that effects basically only large games and is hailed a hero :P
He didn't hijack BA's name for starters.
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Regret wrote:
He didn't hijack BA's name for starters.
Yea, Dont touch holy things casted by divine. You and your wicked deeds are to be condemned by this holy congregation.

Basic biased BA phony baloney...
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

this mod = fatty frantically trying to restore his dominant position as maintainer of BA in the face of the positive reactions to the BA II fork >_>
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

I'd see this as more of an experimental mod, and i would like to see it's progress because I agree on alot of the changes. Since a name seems to mean more than the changes around here I'd say he has a better chance of getting them tried out than I do :cry:
Gota

Post by Gota »

I like the T2 lab cost reduction and buffing of the cost of cons.
I did this in SA a while back as well and was very pleased with the results.
I hope Nixa integrates it into his mod.
I dont like some of the changes though,like the bomber nerfing..
Bombers didnt need a nerf,AA needed a buff...
nerfing bombers means they will get even less use in smaller or less crowded games.
Bombers are probably the most fun air unit and it should be accentuated and given more freedom of micro as oppose to making it an even bigger niche unit only usable once per 50 games.

I didnt like the LRPC changes,i think they had their role and were not oped.
If you still wanted to nerf em IMO you should have made the shields bigger or reduced their cost.

I also think the timing is a bit off..It sort of sabotages Nixa's efforts of making essentially a better looking more team oriented version of BA,which is basically what you present here yourself,minus the updated models and effects.
Just for the simple fact that when players look in the lobby they will have to choose between the two.
Last edited by Gota on 13 Sep 2010, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
TheFatController

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:this mod = fatty frantically trying to restore his dominant position as maintainer of BA in the face of the positive reactions to the BA II fork >_>
I discussed this mod with Nixa who actually helped persuade me to try it (prior to BA II being released) but yeah feel free to make up whatever narrative you like just keep it out of my thread please
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

And I support it, personally I think it's the best shot we have at getting some more testing done for BA as it's pretty much reached an endlife in terms of it's original concept. But in saying that.... getting people to switch for well known BA to so called EA.... that's a whole new story to be written.

Hence why I am pro-BA naming until the mod concept differs enough to warrent a completely new name. After all, we are trying to make things more balanced aren't we... isn't that the name of BA?
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Nerf moho makers! Bring back turf wars in L2!

Anyhow, sounds good - the "special carried comm nerf" seems too special-rules-Y for me. I'd just make comms only transportable by the T2 transports.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Pxtl wrote:Nerf moho makers! Bring back turf wars in L2!

Anyhow, sounds good - the "special carried comm nerf" seems too special-rules-Y for me. I'd just make comms only transportable by the T2 transports.
But that castrates a lot of very valid tactics that involve coms and t1 transports, ie quick forward expansion or joint air start etc.
TheFatController

Plus it does do quite a hefty amount of damage still, but for a bad comdropper it means you can shoot them down without losing your com and lab etc
Hackfresser

Post by Hackfresser »

Pxtl wrote:Nerf moho makers! Bring back turf wars in L2!
yeah... make poeple actually fight for their m. so many games degrade to 15 mins of eco-whoring before everyone is happy with their T3-spam
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Would be great to see you guys teaming up building one mod together. This place is too small to have that much BA forks (BA2/BAR/EA/AdvA/SA/andWhatNot).
Gota

Post by Gota »

Nobody ever wants to.I have asked several people.
I suppose everyone wants to be king of their own game,have their own vision and are not willing to compromise on it.
We are all basically doing the same work like 10 times...adding the same models same effects same widgets adjusting and fixing the same bugs etc..

It's a great use of man hours...especially in a small community like this one.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”