Balanced Annihilation V7.18 - Page 5

Balanced Annihilation V7.18

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

H2O

Re: Balanced Annihilation V7.18

Post by H2O »

Jazcash wrote: Why? T2 Core Veh Cons have got uber build power, buildlists, toughness and stuffs compared to a Consul. They just cost a lil more that's all :P
Because t2 core veh cons is slow like a shell, Consul is way faster, in the time t2 core veh cons would take to arrive in the battle field and claim metal, the enemy has already sucked it all.

And Hobojoe ok, leave the fark as it is, but give a engineer veh to core.
You said consul is equivalent to core freaker, so fark is equivalent to what arm units? Core doesn't have such unit. So give core a veh engineer equivalent to fark, because i only need speed and reclaim ability, i don't care about anything else.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

H2O wrote:
Jazcash wrote: Why? T2 Core Veh Cons have got uber build power, buildlists, toughness and stuffs compared to a Consul. They just cost a lil more that's all :P
Because t2 core veh cons is slow like a shell, Consul is way faster, in the time t2 core veh cons would take to arrive in the battle field and claim metal, the enemy has already sucked it all.

And Hobojoe ok, leave the fark as it is, but give a engineer veh to core.
You said consul is equivalent to core freaker, so fark is equivalent to what arm units? Core doesn't have such unit. So give core a veh engineer equivalent to fark, because i only need speed and reclaim ability, i don't care about anything else.
T2 Core Veh are too awesome as they are. Making them even more awesome is just begging for trouble.
H2O

Post by H2O »

Jazcash wrote: T2 Core Veh are too awesome as they are. Making them even more awesome is just begging for trouble.
Call me troublemaker then! :twisted:
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

H2O wrote:
Jazcash wrote: T2 Core Veh are too awesome as they are. Making them even more awesome is just begging for trouble.
Call me troublemaker then! :twisted:
You're a troublemaker.
H2O

Post by H2O »

Can i have veh core engineer (or fast assistant veh equivalent to fark) now?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

H2O wrote:Can i have veh core engineer (or fast assistant veh equivalent to fark) now?
Troublemakers don't get Core engineers, they get smack bottoms.

And on a contributional note, NERF BLADEWINGS!
H2O

Post by H2O »

Why nerf Bladewings? They are made of paper, they are origami planes, just a fart and they blow up, so in what aspect are they oped?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

they make raids totally useless, as long as u dont have panthers
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

H2O wrote:Why nerf Bladewings? They are made of paper, they are origami planes, just a fart and they blow up, so in what aspect are they oped?
I've been through this before but I'm happy to go through it again:
  • They EMP most units with ease which means those EMP'd units can be reclaim, killed or captured.
  • They're cheap as hell and build fast.
  • They're air units, which means you need AA or fighters to kill them.
  • They're extremely responsive and manoeuvrable which means they can be easily micro'd out of harms way without losing more than one or two.
  • It forces the enemy to build fighters or AA, fighters require their own lab and are more expensive than Bladewings and build slower too. The build cost opportunity of building AA means you can't build as many ground fighting units as you're putting the eco towards making AA instead.
  • Just about every single AA unit is slow. It's almost impossible to make a nice raid with AA as the AA always falls behind and can't defend the army that's raced off ahead from being EMP'd and eaten up. Compared to Bladewings, AA units are practically stationary.
  • Bladewings have a reasonable rate of fire which means it only take a couple to stop an enitre army of about 7 units or so.
  • In most cases, it's easy enough to make enough Bladewings to EMP all the AA as well as the units anyway!
Last edited by Jazcash on 08 Sep 2010, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
H2O

Post by H2O »

Wombat wrote:they make raids totally useless, as long as u dont have panthers
Sorry but i don't agree. If this statement is for bladewings, you should do it even for arm t2 transp paralyzers and stilettos.
Moreover it is not true that you need aa to destroy bladewings, Comm puny laser can destroy them fast and easily, leveller can blow them too. And to stop a bunch of bladewings, two or three pulverizers are enough.
However, their role IS to stop raid or important object, so if they can't do that they would be useless.
And i don't understand how to nerf them. Raise the cost? slow them down? One or the other, changing bladewings will only have as effect to make them useless. Even now they have a very small special tactical role.

Why nobody except me and Pxtl like the idea of a t2 core veh engineer?
Andrej

Post by Andrej »

H2O wrote:even for arm t2 transp paralyzers
While on this subject watch the attached videos.
Spend 300 metal to kill 2000 metal unit protected by 600 metal of T2 antiair
sure is Patented CA Pr0 Balance Style here.

WHEN THIS HAPPENED I ALMOST THREW MY MONITOR
WHY NOT JUST INCLUDE A WIDGET THAT SELFDESTRUCTS YOUR WHOLE BASE AS SOON AS ANY ENEMY AIR UNIT COMES INTO LOS AND SAVE US THE TIME
Attachments
emp_bs.rar
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

That is pretty terrible, on behalf of BA and its shareholders I apologise

Edit: and will look at how that can particular tactic be curtailed
[RRU]RockmoddeR

Post by [RRU]RockmoddeR »

On the subject of bladewings: Mix a few samsons in with your stumpies and you're fine.

On the Core t2 veh subject: Make the minesweepers have a VERY weak reclaim rate, OR, like was previously stated, make a small engineer whose only purpose is to build mexes, solars wind and DT and can reclaim off the battlefield.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

where can I buy BA shares

On the subject of bladewings, I think bladewings themselves are fine but I do agree with the comment about most mobile AA being too slow. T2 aa is fine being slow IMO, but things like samsons are worthless to bring on a raid because stumpies and flash will be out of its range in a few seconds.

T2 trans are a problem as well, they should not be allowed to 1-shot emp units worth 2000+ m and then pick them up and carry them away all in the face of 500+m worth of AA. EMP should be weaker and faster firing to force the trans to take a couple seconds to freeze the heavier units, the one shot stun is just absurd on a goli or T3 unit. i.e. a .8 second CD EMP that can freeze a goli or sumo in 3 shots, which would take 2.4 seconds. Give or take a little, but you get the idea.

Also, they can pick up moving sumos. This needs to be fixed.
Last edited by Hobo Joe on 07 Sep 2010, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

derp double post
[RRU]RockmoddeR

Post by [RRU]RockmoddeR »

Yes, I always wondered why the EMP was so powerful. Also, I think some units need to be unpickabble (is that even a word lol) by the trans. I mean, come on. A goli or fatboy/sumo? Not exactly doable with the size/weight ratio.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

[RRU]RockmoddeR wrote:Yes, I always wondered why the EMP was so powerful. Also, I think some units need to be unpickabble (is that even a word lol) by the trans. I mean, come on. A goli or fatboy/sumo? Not exactly doable with the size/weight ratio.

Fatboy can be picked up by t1 trans
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

TheFatController wrote:That is pretty terrible, on behalf of BA and its shareholders I apologise

Edit: and will look at how that can particular tactic be curtailed
I think Anrej included an excellent solution to this problem already.

Faggy tactics ftw though, who doesn't love to pull a thing like that off? Or even better, to stop some faggot who tries doing it to you.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

When I think about it, every EMP unit is cheap cheap cheap and builds fast fast fast. They must have been modified to suit a very different style of gameplay when they first became so cheap.

Seriously, somebody underrated EMP when giving these units such cheapiness and such low build time.

Stilettos are ok imo but Dragonflies and Bladewings need a nerfin'.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Except that bladewings and dragonflys dont build fast

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”