Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 322

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

SirArtturi

Re: Random WIP

Post by SirArtturi »

First of all, Cremuss, It's really great. I love to see such a solid, artistic and original gui. This is what I've been basically waiting for.

Second, Don't believe in Hoi unquestionably, he certainly has some good points but certainly some bad. Keep in mind that those are just his personal opinions and feelings.

For me, except the size reduction and removal of double edges, It seems getting backwards. I love the original's style.

More than anything, be loyal to your style and Imo the original is more loyal. I love the contrast. Keep the black or empty areas, it makes its more soft and not feel too cramped.

Buildpics are fine, although they were better in original. They are a bit bland. I'd add teamcolor and maybe frame them more sharply.

Energy and metal bar is awesome though needs icons or text. I prefer Icons, you could steal ones that CA has Imo they are great.
Hoi wrote:[...] However I must say that the teamcolor you use is very flat and scraping a bit off with a brush will make everything look better imo :)

Like this : http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315 ... 1280190508
It's flat because it is the artistic style. You dont need to change that, I think its really awesome. Scraping it a bit wouldnt make it better but different.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

wombat i liek ur buggy-arty :D

is the other thingi a gunship?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

its more like a artillery tank than a buggy :P and flying one is bomber which moves like gunship :P

------

crawling bomb/deployable mine, looks post-apocalyptic enough ?

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

dark colony infringment, i can see you ip-ekaboom ;)
Srsly, looks like bombermans fallout shelter, and thats a good thing. Do NOT LISTEN TO THE COMPLAINS COMING AFTER ME, WHICH WILL SOUND LIKE THIS:
>" How are so many, little legs supposed to carry something that big. Its unrealistic"

- Its fine as it is. Keep it there, dont change anything.
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

Wombat are you making Dark Colony remake or something?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

im PLANNING to use DC models and creating something similar
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

Wombat wrote:im PLANNING to use DC models and creating something similar
Cool! I wish you could find a way to make the "city" building same as it was in Dark Colony :)
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i already know how to do it, tho, it wont/cannot be exactly same as in DC :<
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Well... actully I still need to finish the hammer... but I'm out of time for this week.

aGorm
Attachments
lordshow5.jpg
(29.82 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Should i read that as "Stop hammer time." or "Stop, it's hammer time!" :-)

Either way looks cool
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

oksnoop2 wrote:Should i read that as "Stop hammer time." or "Stop, it's hammer time!" :-)

Either way looks cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i feel like a post got eaten; looking good pressureline! camo application seems good; it looks "right" without hiding the unit. (its a shame we dont have some sort of sample-from-maptexture camo shader or something to that effect, so that camo would be different for barren/desert locations)

agorm i'm feeling a bit of space marine influence on that helmet, and im loving it. great work as always, can't wait to see these dudes bashing in some skulls ingame :twisted:
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Procedural AO baked ground plate script, compare:

AO only

AO and shadows

shadows only

neither

Also, the old ta textures got a tiny touch up.

An s3o to obj command line tool/script would really be appreciated, its 3do only atm.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Chances of this ending up in BA?

Also - I don't know how difficult this would be, but make the AO less of just a big circle and more fitting to each building? It looks good, but something more along the lines of Cremuss's models, where the AO is more subtle and matches the models.

Looks good though.

man I fail at linking
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Hobo Joe wrote:Chances of this ending up in BA?

Also - I don't know how difficult this would be, but make the AO less of just a big circle and more fitting to each building? It looks good, but something more along the lines of Cremuss's models, where the AO is more subtle and matches the models.

Looks good though.
man I fail at linking
You misunderstand. the groundplates are mathematically rendered AO. the unit textures didn't get any AO. this doesn't affect the model. Cremuss's models would actually benefit from something like this.

(behe, correct me if I made a mistake, please!)
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Cremuss uses the same method. Mine still has a bit of tweaking to be done for optimal looks.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Beherith wrote:Cremuss uses the same method. Mine still has a bit of tweaking to be done for optimal looks.

Hm, interesting. Yours seem more circular/elliptical, and his look like they follow the contour of the model much more closely.

Maybe I'm just seeing things
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Hobo Joe wrote:Hm, interesting. Yours seem more circular/elliptical, and his look like they follow the contour of the model much more closely.

Maybe I'm just seeing things
Cremuss' models are more circular/elliptical.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

different tools or different settings
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

90% done, question - normalmap will be enough to make these wires at back look 3d ?

Return to “Art & Modelling”