new ideas for mods/maps

new ideas for mods/maps

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

losbellos

new ideas for mods/maps

Post by losbellos »

Hej,
I have been playing this game for a while and well... be honest I am still unable to feel the real possibilties what this game could offer.

I think it would be good if there would be more game mods, or styles.
Like some sort of capture the flag, or fixed cannons which gives advantage to that side whos unit stand in a circle ect.
And there would be an other sort of, that like starting the game with fixed amount units, like 10 pewe, 5 stumpy and 2 fatboy for each player and see what the strategy can do with it.. Or have fixed amount metal and energy and lets say in a 1 min grace period everybody does some units and then toghether plays it. This way the eco wouldnt hold back the players. So on and so on.

I think if there is no such thread so far then we should keep one for ideas.
Thanks
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Re: new ideas for mods/maps

Post by hoijui »

this all exists already. check out S44 and CA for example.
losbellos

Post by losbellos »

hoijui wrote:this all exists already. check out S44 and CA for example.
ca = complete annihilatin I did play seems to be the same basically as ba or others. What is s44? Spring 1944?
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Yep s44 is indeed Spring 1944.
maackey

Post by maackey »

CA: Chicken Tag -- you control a commander and run from the chicken queenlings. If you get caught you get sent to jail and someone needs to come to bail you out.

S44: Supply depots give ammo/rof bonus to troops inside the supply radius as well as re-fill tanks and other large guns.

CA: Deployment mode (might be a bit old) you start with a limited army of your choosing.

There are various chicken defense modes with grace periods and other games with drastically different economies (s44, Kernel Panic, Gundam, just to name the most popular off the top of my head)

There are many creative people here, and there is no apparent shortage of ideas. If you find something lacking, most everything here is open source and community driven so feel free to take some time and make something better. (or learn how to -- which is an equally gratifying experience)

p.s.
There have even been some first/third person shooters, a flight sim, dota-esque games, arcade minigames, and more that have been done on the engine. It just requires a bit* of work.

and by "a bit" I mean hours and hours of sincere unrelenting committed time purely devoted to the birth of your creation.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

I'm (well Car, SeanHeron, and I) working on a game that should have a CTF mode, among team death match and other game types.

Funny you should mention this we were just discussing how we would do some of these in lua.
babbles

Post by babbles »

there's an XTA mode where you start of with towers from NOTA which can't shoot but can build etc.

aim is to capture enemy tower(s) with capture bots you build
knorke

Post by knorke »

Or have fixed amount metal and energy and lets say in a 1 min grace period everybody does some units and then toghether plays it. This way the eco wouldnt hold back the players
In lobby, disable all metal producing buildings. Then set startmetal to 10,000 and play.
Gouken

Post by Gouken »

I remember someone making a DSD CTF, I think it was for BA
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Global Thermonuclear PONG: Volleyball!

Air Raid: Directly controlled air combat!

Fibre: lolwut?
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

...wait, we have Global Thermonuclear Pong?

I WANT.
losbellos

Post by losbellos »

air radi didnt work with the lates build. Maybe I install a portable version to try it out on other windows.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I haven't adjusted any of my mods for the latest Spring yet, you can play Air Raid if you use /cheat /give f-81 until I can be arsed to fix it.
losbellos

Post by losbellos »

Thx, I try that out!

Return to “Game Development”