Dragons Teeth not rendering

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Peanut

Post by Peanut »

With the new version of Spring (0.82.3) Dragons teeth are not rendering as spec for most of the game, although they do start appearing later in the game (20mins +).

Own dragons teeth render when paying, but not sure about enemy DTs rendering while ingame.

That's for windows XP x86, windows 7 x64, linux x64 all on nvidia cards.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Re: Dragons Teeth not rendering

Post by Licho »

Do you see trees?
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

Yes I see trees.

It MIGHT be a 'feature'

I've realised that if I'm 'viewing' someone in team A, I need a unit belonging to team A to have LOS on Team B DT for me to see them as spec.

If I then select someone on Team B I instantly see all of Team B DT but then any that Team A built disapear unless a Team B unit has LOS on the DT.

The DTs are always shown on mouse over as a ghost effect or when zoomed out a long way!

How that helps explain the 'bug'/'feature' more and someone can explain which it is.

This has been confirmed by a friend on skype speccing the same games on a linux machine.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

I encountered the same bug yesterady while speccing a BA game. Fortification walls build by a player turned invisible as soon as they were build. They turned visible again later, I think when enemy units entered LOS distance.
Win7 x64 on Nvidia 880GT.

Peanut wrote: It MIGHT be a 'feature'
But should not happen for specs, should it?
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

Ok, I believe this is a feature, which is being implimented ready for a future release where viewing a player will allow you to only see what they can see. It's just a transitional bug.

Similar problem Iposted about ghosted structures!
ksf

Post by ksf »

It's a bug, otherwise they wouldn't show up when zoomed out (its +- about the same as my rendering distance, but not exactly)
Attachments
screen00007.png
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
screen00006.png
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

It is a bug, specs shall see all features. Will look into it...
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

That's a lol bot response, but also very annoying.

Someone please modify the forum registration procedure so it no longer matches the phpbb default.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Peanut wrote:Ok, I believe this is a feature, which is being implimented ready for a future release where viewing a player will allow you to only see what they can see. It's just a transitional bug.

Similar problem Iposted about ghosted structures!
Viewing only what 1 player can see is already possible. For a long time.

/Specfullview 0/1/2
MisterBenn

Post by MisterBenn »

I saw the same thing on a DSD game last night. I hadn't touched the spectator settings (was speccing for all players), but late in the game I could see the nanoframes of DTs as they were built, but they would disappear once complete while zoomed in. Mousing over the invisible teeth still does produce the xray highlight if you have that enabled.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Thanks for the fix.

Return to “Help & Bugs”