Game crash - infolog

Game crash - infolog

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

1stTime

Game crash - infolog

Post by 1stTime »

Ok so before update everytjing was ok, now its not.. Game crashes after finalizing.

Heres link to infolog.txt

http://pastebin.ca/1916677

I assume sth is wrong with graphic card drivers but why and what can i do ?
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Re: Game crash - infolog

Post by hoijui »

[ 0] This stack trace indicates a problem with your graphic card driver. Please try upgrading or downgrading it. Specifically recommended is the latest driver, and one that is as old as your graphic card.
try a really old one (as your card), or 10.3, 10.4, 10.7b or 10.8
1stTime

Post by 1stTime »

I dled and instaled 10.7 and still doesnt work :<
Chamrin

Post by Chamrin »

I'm getting the same problem after updating with the same message in the info log about drivers. I tried with the 10.4 drivers (worked with previous stable version) and they didn't work with 0.82.2. I updated to the 10.7 as they fix the problems the 10.5 and 10.6 drivers had with urban terror and hopefully with spring as well. 0.82.2 still didn't work, and just tried 0.82.3 and ran into the same probem of crashing at the end of loading.

Cham
1stTime

Post by 1stTime »

I reinstaled drivers once again (10.4 this time) and works only newest CA version (8257) now, but BA 7.14 still doesnt work ...
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

make sure to use a special driver cleaner program to remove the old driver, when installing a new one. w got various reports of stuff failing if not doing this, and working afterwards.
as i said, 10.7b or 10.8 do/will fix one problem with spring. do not know if that is what makes you crash.
if CA works and BA not, maybe give the infolog of that crashed game then, please. also try 10.3 maybe (as i saw in an other thread, slogic recommends that version).
Chamrin

Post by Chamrin »

So I had a hunch and I tested it. Installed spring into a new directory and installed one map and ba 7.14 and it started up in single player fine with one bot.

I think there are actually two problems, they might be related but they might not.

So the textures were off again (10.7 (agp hotfix version from my gfx card maker)) and I don't plan to uninstall drivers and revert as urban terror runs fine with these drivers now.

The second problem is, I quit the game, and started it up again with one map, same bot, and spring crashed with the same infolog as above.

here's my infolog for reference: http://pastebin.com/CmsgfLmY

So clearly there's some thing that changes after spring loads for the first time that's preventing it from loading again.
Chamrin

Post by Chamrin »

So If I delete Spring\LuaUI\Config\BA.lua in a fresh install of spring (after it's started at least once) it'll start up normally, albeit with the bad textures from the driver problem, but it's clearly two separate problems now.

Cham
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

In Spring settings, do NOT have dynamic clouds and high-res clouds activated AT THE SAME TIME! It will give you the dreaded atioglxx.dll driver crash (at least for me, i have a Radeon 4870 and am using the Catalyst 10.7 Beta OpenGL ES 2.0 drivers which Yuri linked to, they resolved my old driver crash issues). If you have only one of the two settings activated it works fine.
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Another strange thing just figured out: If using bump-mapped water, using shorewaves ONLY works on maps with water, but will cause the driver crash for maps WITHOUT water.

Return to “Help & Bugs”