Auto-cloak built units

Auto-cloak built units

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

zerver
Spring Developer

Auto-cloak built units

Post by zerver »

Would it be difficult to implement a per-factory setting that defines if produced units should leave the factory in a cloaked state or not?

If you think it needs some engine changes, I'm willing to make them.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Re: Auto-cloak built units

Post by zwzsg »

No need to engine change. I have something like that in KP, except it's a custom setting called "autohold" instead of the cloacked setting that gets passed down. It is one of the two gadgets KP has that are not CC by me or KDR, but GPL by Trepan. Or I could write a new one. Oh and if you use Trepan's gadget and it breaks on Spring.CreateUnitRulesParams, just delete that line.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Just so I know, which unit/factory is inconvenient to manually cloak? (i'm thinking spies?)

It could be done with a gadget or also via a widget afaik
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

TheFatController wrote:Just so I know, which unit/factory is inconvenient to manually cloak?
And just so I know, what factory can cloak? I've always thought there was a cloaking factory but I could never see it. Probably because it was cloaked.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Already covered in my <censored> version. But I suppose it was too much to expect the first line of changelog to be read before hitting the del button.
TheFatController

Jazcash wrote:
TheFatController wrote:Just so I know, which unit/factory is inconvenient to manually cloak?
And just so I know, what factory can cloak? I've always thought there was a cloaking factory but I could never see it. Probably because it was cloaked.
constant unwarranted negative responses and complete lack of constructive input, coupled with multiple instances of trolling, disrespect of moderators, and the complete ineffectiveness of any moderation action to ascertain that you are willing to become a constructive member of this community has led us to this decision.
I was talking about the factory the units originate from, please get banned again thanks.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

I dont think there should be a switch for that, it just promotes wasteful play. Its a waste of e to cloak the spies before theyre in somewhere where they could be spotted.

But then again, there's the auto mex upgrader already in for example... Which is much worse in that respect.
TheFatController

The script in the mutator is too clever and adds the switch to everything that can build cloaked units and sets them to default off (minelayers!) so needs work anyway.

This switch is only really appropriate for stuff like Gremlins/Spies etc so I think a local widget may be more appropriate here to avoid extra clutter on the factory orders console.

Opinions welcome
forest_devil

Post by forest_devil »

how about arm cloak-able fusions auto cloak when built? as i only ever make them when i want it to be invisible.

or will that upset pr0s who make them and never cloak them unless they see enemy scouts and dont cloak untill i have already scouted it?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

TheFatController wrote:
Jazcash wrote:
constant unwarranted negative responses and complete lack of constructive input, coupled with multiple instances of trolling, disrespect of moderators, and the complete ineffectiveness of any moderation action to ascertain that you are willing to become a constructive member of this community has led us to this decision.
I was talking about the factory the units originate from, please get banned again thanks.
Wut. I was making a fluffy bouncy ball style comment. Why so serious?
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

TheFatController wrote:
complete lack of constructive input
So providing fully functional gadget fullfilling valid request is "not constructive"? :shock:
TheFatController wrote:The script in the mutator is too clever
Weeeee! :-)

TheFatController wrote:and sets them to default off (minelayers!) so needs work anyway.
Oh. :|
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

forest_devil wrote:how about arm cloak-able fusions auto cloak when built? as i only ever make them when i want it to be invisible.

or will that upset pr0s who make them and never cloak them unless they see enemy scouts and dont cloak untill i have already scouted it?
Put that cloak fusion(s) into a group, some group you never use for units, then when you notice enemy scout going that way, quickly press 8-k, or whatever key you grouped it into. Takes pretty much zero time to do, just some brainpower to notice/remember it. Gives you 200 e more, which is pretty big deal.

I'd advise people to think how they themselves could improve their play (or ask help from others), instead of always crying for UI changes or balance changes ^^

Zw he meant Jaz, not you
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

forest_devil wrote:how about arm cloak-able fusions auto cloak when built? as i only ever make them when i want it to be invisible.

They take _lot_ of E to cloak. I'd rather have an auto-cloak widget that makes the thing cloak when any unit is detected in about 1500 elmos. Would also work for spies.
Chamrin

Post by Chamrin »

Pxtl wrote:

They take _lot_ of E to cloak. I'd rather have an auto-cloak widget that makes the thing cloak when any unit is detected in about 1500 elmos. Would also work for spies.
I personally think that's just going too far for automation. It should be up to the player to cloak it if he wants it cloaked.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

Pxtl wrote:I'd rather have an auto-cloak widget that makes the thing cloak when any unit is detected in about 1500 elmos. Would also work for spies.
Not if there is a cloaked enemy spy.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Sorry that I missed the discussion here, but the reason I suggested this feature was that when you do late-game spam of cloakable units (gremlins / sharpshooters / spies) it requires a constant attention from the player to cloak everything that comes out of the factories.

So I'm hoping to see this in some future BA ver. A widget might be fine too.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”