Video Request - Page 3

Video Request

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: Video Request

Post by Forboding Angel »

knorke, fraps records uncompressed. I run my vids through sothink hd video converter once I'm done at 1080p (codec h.264 or whatever that uber popular one is).
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

how big was the uncompressed video roughly?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

several gigs per minute
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

I don't mind giving it a crack, i've been intending to do a vid since finishing my new PC and have marked interesting replays, have been lacking the willpower to start it off.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

omg my summons worked
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Hobo Joe wrote:omg my summons worked
You may regret this...
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Cabbage wrote:
Hobo Joe wrote:omg my summons worked
You may regret this...
I regret most things I do
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Just did a test on my new pc. I couldnt get the spring video recorder to work, but I could run fraps at full resolution 60fps recording of spring on highest settings (except for shore waves which apparently dont work on my 5850) plus noruas's modified bloom shader. And as you can see I have experience making very informative game videos synced to high quality music selections. So i might have a go at something...
danuker

Post by danuker »

I can make the video (and record the voice), but I can't record the game itself - too weak cpu :oops:

I need shots of:
  • Free mods (totalling 15 seconds)
    3D weapon trajectories (would be nice a Catapult, a dogfight, or something to show-off - 5 secs)
    Strategic zooming, rotating camera, ground deformation, water, lua widgets (CustomFormations is a must) - 20 secs
    Huge battles, units blowing up? - 10 seconds
Please use this document as a reference, and if you feel like it, include the links to uploaded video inside.

For the good of all of us! :-)
maackey

Post by maackey »

While I think it's a good idea to keep the video short, time isn't everything. I think that developers and mod makers would have just a little more patience than your average twitch gamer. Presentation and content would be the most important aspects to convey, imo.
knorke

Post by knorke »

developers and mod makers can just click through the videos of zwsg, carrepairer and such.
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

knorke wrote:
Figure this, for the second commentated video I made of evo at 1080p, it was 15 minutes long, and the filesize was slightly over 1 gig.
what did you use for capture? T guess something that compresses while recording? If its the build in capture of spring please tell used codec+settings.
Were you ignoring the most awesome feature spring has, on purpose? I couldn't make that trailer at that quality if it wasn't for the built-in Frame-By-Frame recording.

The only thing missing is recording sounds and I made a thread about it since you couldn't get sounds with just Lua(No SoundEffect() event) without modifying the engine.

Also "1080p, it was 15 minutes long, and the filesize was slightly over 1 gig" Seems ok. Filesize could have been by ~30% lower with a lower codec settings.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Did you try using software like http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ to record soundcard output.
Spring build in recording never worked good for me, starting with how the codec selection box and spring fight for control who is allowed to be on screen.
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

knorke wrote:Did you try using software like http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ to record soundcard output.
That won't help since sounds will delay while recording. I suggested making a program that generates a file which inputs which sounds were played, at what time and with what volume in left and right channel, then make a .wav file out of that.
But who cares, the response was that I didn't appreciate such a great video recording feature. I did and do appreciate it, but that doesn't mean it can't be upgraded.
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

Bah you're despicable. If this tech demo needs sounds also recorded I will gladly do it only after this feature is added - http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14896

Although anyone will be able to do it if that feature is added. :oops:
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

I just looked at Sereiya's trailer of Spring again. Sure it ain't a Tech Demo, but she does show Lua widgets. Effects and compatibility with music is most impressive. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mKhQD2S ... re=related

I'll send her a message whenever she is still interested in Spring and making a Tech Demo video.

Edit:
PS: "Sure it ain't a Tech Demo, but he does show...". I'm a girl, you know? ;-)
Well now I know. :roll:
Last edited by Pendrokar on 03 Aug 2010, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
Sereiya

Post by Sereiya »

Sure it ain't a Tech Demo, but he does[...]
I'm a girl, you know? :-)

I'm interested to doing sth. like this, but 'cause I moved to Hamburg some days ago, and there are still carton's everywhere, It'll take time until I could do this.
Unfortunately, I wasn't very active the last time in Spring (But I'll try to change this 8) ), so firstly I should get back into the community.

However, In the meantime I'll try to do something with the requirements you described in the Thread Head-Post, and post it here.

kind regards,
Serry

PS: Spelling mistakes are just Special Effects of my keyboard :wink:
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

serieya i really liked your first vid

the only thing i would think to add to improve it would be some sexy captioning... maybe with adobe aftereffects or something? anyways cool to hear you'll give another video a go, cant wait to see what you come up with.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

Sereiya, ignore those boxes... unpack/connect the computer and make more sexy spring videos :)

Return to “General Discussion”