Assassin

Assassin

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Sucky_Lord

Assassin

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Assassin is a game normally played at college or university campuses and involves all players (ideally between 5 and 25) to be given a target player who they have to try and "assassinate" by use of a spoon as a knife or ribena/vodka as poison (or any other creative ways of killing someone!) The target must be killed with no witnesses or the kill is void, and killing civilians(anyone other than your target or the person targeting you) results is points being deducted from your score.

Me and some friends are hoping to start playing when college reconvenes in september, and i was wondering if anyone here has played/is playing. Let me know your experiences and any tips on making for better gameplay
Neddie
Community Lead

Re: Assassin

Post by Neddie »

I played a handful of times when I was younger, and I found that limiting the methods of making a kill based on a rotating schedule really added a lot. See, some people are great at flicking coins over to targets, or walking up behind them with a spork, but if you have to be physically proximate or can't come within five feet, these people have to discover other ways to assassinate. This makes the experience more varied and challenging.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

How many players is best? Im thinking along the lines of "the more the merrier", but thats just guess work
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

One person with a spreadsheet should be able to keep track of them. I never played with more than twenty, I've known of games with up to four hundred.
knorke

Post by knorke »

that sounds fun. if you kill your killer you should get points too. so that people start killing people at random because they get paranoid.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Well at the moment ive got it: +5 or killing target, +2 for killing the person targeting you, and -2 for killing anyone else because theyre civillians. I dont want to be stabbed everytime im walking with a friend ;D
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

And if you wear a belt with packs tied to it, get close to your target and scream "Allahu Akbar!" you lose 5 points for killing yourself and gain one for everyone nearby!
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

KDR_11k wrote:And if you wear a belt with packs tied to it, get close to your target and scream "Allahu Akbar!" you lose 5 points for killing yourself and gain one for everyone nearby!
+72 extrapoints, for stronge believes and FIRST
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

Does the target know its a target?
Is there only one target and the rest are killers?
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Machete234 wrote:Does the target know its a target?
Everyone is a target! Imagine listing all the players in a circle and everyone's target is the person clockwise of their name
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Sucky_Lord wrote:
Machete234 wrote:Does the target know its a target?
Everyone is a target! Imagine listing all the players in a circle and everyone's target is the person clockwise of their name
If you kill your target they are supposed to give you their target, so the objective of the game is to get the most kills, at least under the rules I'm familiar with.
Erom

Post by Erom »

That is also the style of play I have seen - when you kill someone you get their "hit list" or their collection of hit lists if they have multiple kills under their belt. The person with the largest collection of hit lists at the end of the night is the winner - this gives a visible indicator of score, and naturally keeps the circle from collapsing.

It all falls down if you let civilians die though. In our version you could ONLY kill the person you were targeting.

If you have a spreadsheet jocky to keep the circle from collapsing, then you can allow defense kills and civilian kills.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”