Your Spring Board stuff.

Your Spring Board stuff.

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

oksnoop2

Your Spring Board stuff.

Post by oksnoop2 »

Just curious if anyone cared to share a bit about their username and icon meanings.

For me, oksnoop2 is a combination of the word "ok" which i tend to say quite a bit. "snoop" which is my first dog's name" (no i'm not a fan of the rapper) and "2" a god awful nickname i had in jr. high/early high school.

My user icon is just a slightly blurry picture of me playing my resonator guitar in yellowy lighting. I used some kind of GIMP filter on it..Don't remember what it was now.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Re: Your Spring Board stuff.

Post by CarRepairer »

KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

half those dudes dont come here anymore, and dont deserve cool nicknames.

mine is a combination of a way to get high and something to eat when i get the munchies. plus everyone is afraid of germans
knorke

Post by knorke »

something to eat when i get the munchies
Kaiserschmarrn oder wie? Ja, das ist gut.

I took a random word lol. Ahaha so random, its funny :oops: :o :o :lol: never know wHatT iam gonna do next! Iiihihihihihi weeeee uuuuuuuuh.
Watch
my vlog! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPIkQjQc_78
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

KaiserJ wrote:half those dudes dont come here anymore, and dont deserve cool nicknames.

mine is a combination of a way to get high and something to eat when i get the munchies. plus everyone is afraid of germans
Please don't spam, you already said yours: http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 58#p352058
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Can someone merge this thread if possible.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Mine is a picture of AF looking with excitement (?) at a computer screen with the guy from To Catch A Predator sneaking up behind him.

I've been informed it is offensive to certain anonymous parties however (I'm looking at you Gota), I'll have to change it soon.
This, of course, is what's being referenced.
This, of course, is what's being referenced.
73.jpg (3.89 KiB) Viewed 2481 times
Last edited by Caydr on 10 Jul 2010, 04:45, edited 1 time in total.
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Oh i was wondering who that guy was in the background. it seems kind of rude but whatever I'm not the internet police. It confused me for the first day to be honest.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Mine is a picture of a mask that I used in a project for school. The mask symbolized the Shinto god of the sea and storms. I used the picture in my project because I thought it looked neat, because masks are popular in Noh (a major form of classical Japanese musical drama that has been performed since the 14th century), and are popular where I live. They are often seen as decorations over here because of Mardi Gras and we have masquerade balls and dinners over here. There's one going on this weekend in New Orleans.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I have numerous blogposts and articles all about me explaining how my name came to be, all coincidentally, written by me, how interesting
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Fair enough AF, I've looked over your flow chart. Do any of you blog posts explain the significance of cookie land, if there is any?
Petah

Post by Petah »

Mine is just a nickname I was given in high school because there were to many of us with my real name in our group of friends.
As for the avatar, it a photo manip I done of some half naked chick.

And as for my lobby name (Charlie), I like the map Charlie in the hills and I like being in the hill spot.
Panda

Post by Panda »

AF wrote:I have numerous blogposts and articles all about me explaining how my name came to be, all coincidentally, written by me, how interesting
:lol: Your post reminds me of this Old Spice commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbf ... -lIT8Y18fk
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I know that! I saw your blogpost and plastered that all over my facebook and much win there was
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

My name is a (considerable) shortening of my surname, invented on the spur of the moment for a bowling match due to someone sharing my forename. :o

I've used it online ever since I first got the internet in '97 or so. 8)

My avatar is an S44 Sherman Firefly, obviously!
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Sanada Ujio is the name of the protagonist in a story I wrote in high school. The name itself was derived almost entirely from a minor character in the movie The Last Samurai. For those who remember, there was a sort of right hand man for Ken Watanabe's character, who fought Tom Cruise a few times. He died (obviously) in the final charge against the gatling guns. The character's name was Ujio, and the actor's name is Hiroyuki Sanada. He's decently popular from older martial arts movies.

The kanji+kana would be þ£ƒþö░µ░ÅÒüè. Broken down the surname means "True Rice Field" while the given name is a little trickier. Uji is a word meaning family, and o is often put on the end of male names in Japan. I came up with this name long before I knew any useful Japanese, haha.

My avatar is a very pixely head of the coolest mech ever, haha. Zaku II S!
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Petah, I had the same problem. That's why I was 2. Kevin number 2....grumble grumble. Thank god highschool is over.

AF, that blog post makes you look the slightest bit crazy.
Panda

Post by Panda »

AF wrote:I know that! I saw your blogpost and plastered that all over my facebook and much win there was
You're website looks cool. I'm glad that you like my blog too.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

My avatar is now a ship I modeled for my new game.

Not really, it's a human pirate ship from Space Rangers 2, an awesome 2D Elite-like game I namedrop on a weekly basis.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”