World Cup Footy Thread! - Page 6

World Cup Footy Thread!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Master-Athmos

Re: World Cup Footy Thread!

Post by Master-Athmos »

Lots of people also vote against all that camera stuff as it takes some of the "drama" out of it. People still will talk about things like that for a long time. With cameras used to decide things there wouldn't be anything to remember at all. I guess that's sort of true - with cameras there'll be no wrong decisions but without them there really are more emotions and drama to it which is something making this sport enjoyable to watch...

I mean some goals / referee decisions almost have gotten legendary - you don't have something like that for camera controlled sports...
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Master-Athmos wrote:Lots of people also vote against all that camera stuff as it takes some of the "drama" out of it. People still will talk about things like that for a long time. With cameras used to decide things there wouldn't be anything to remember at all. I guess that's sort of true - with cameras there'll be no wrong decisions but without them there really are more emotions and drama to it which is something making this sport enjoyable to watch...

I mean some goals / referee decisions almost have gotten legendary - you don't have something like that for camera controlled sports...
The reason I remember them is because I think, "Yeh the ref was a total idiot."
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

all publicity is good publicity, and publicity -> money -> gooooood
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

hoijui wrote:all publicity is good publicity, and publicity -> money -> gooooood
Money's only good when it's in the right hands.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

argentina vs. germany is going to be farking epic.
Sabutai

Post by Sabutai »

Why get cameras if you're being paid not to do so? Everybody saw that goal but whoever thinks football is fair has been proven wrong. It's all corrupt. Who are the Fifa officials who got bribed? I heard the Fifa paid 5.5 million whatever so it wouldn't be disclosed.
Erom

Post by Erom »

Indeed, all this world cup has proved to me is that this sport makes no effort to be fair and thus I can go back to ignoring it.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Jorge Larrionda (dude who was referee in england vs germany match) was removed from referee list in his country for 6 months for corruption.

seriously -,-
Bender The Offender

Post by Bender The Offender »

enough with the ref bashing. The ball bounced fast, add to the fact that your viewing from the worst angle possible to decide if it went over (the ref, not the assistant) and your not exactly expecting it to happen. when i was watching it live i wasn't sure either if it had gone in, viewing from above and to the side. Sure when your already focusing on the ground to see if it went over its easy, but the refs have a lot to look at.
Imagine if he had given the goal when it hadn't gone over? actually it wouldnt matter because germany would have still kicked ass.

The real question is why they cant use technology for decisions like this. it would take less then 5 seconds to see it was a goal and inform the ref with our technology.

Oh well cup goes on and it sets up a cracker Germany v Argentina. Brazil looking impressive.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

12:23Me

4-1 lolllll

did you catch the racist commentry?

haxley or whatever that black guy was
12:23Morgan

awkward like

missed a kick

aye

and the camera zoomed in on him

commentators were dicks

ref was a dick

english team played like dicks
12:24Me

and the commentator said 'we need to get some white players out on the field'
12:24Morgan

i didnt hear that!

fukk
12:24Me

and i lolled massive

yeah

our team failed hilarious

0 passing skills and teamwork

everyone was with was facepalming so much

everytime looked up rooney did some shit like miss the ball and fall over then not even get a penalty

the atmosphere afterward was funeral

i went into the wetherspoons toilet

an there was a huge muscly bald guy sat on a toilet with the door open, crying into his hands

i wanted to tell him it was all going to be ok but then a montage of all the facepalm moments wwent through my head and i realised it wasnt ok even a little

how you doin
12:27Morgan

lolol
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

man, first france then italy then england now portugal, this must be a wet dream come true for me as those were the teams i hated most. I would be happy with whoever wins the cup now (Have taken a liking to ghana tho). Refs can all suck a bag of dicks, only proper ref is the hungarian one.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Even funnier to call for more white players when Özil is a Turk and one of the best players on the field.
Gota

Post by Gota »

The definition of who is white is always more and more exclusive.
white
half black
full black
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

BaNa wrote:man, first france then italy then england now portugal, this must be a wet dream come true for me as those were the teams i hated most. I would be happy with whoever wins the cup now (Have taken a liking to ghana tho). Refs can all suck a bag of dicks, only proper ref is the hungarian one.
Nice bias on the ref.

So far the most consitant Ref is Howard Webb who is looking very likely to Referee the final.

Spain or Argentina win im happy.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

yeah i like howard webb too; but even mentioning his name around some people releases the screaming hordes
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Fundamentally, the 1 ref, no recourse, no line-judges at the goal line, no replays, etc. system is going to create a lot of bad calls and a lot of hurt feelings even for the most competent ref. FIFA is being stubborn and stupid supporting such a system.
Master-Athmos

Post by Master-Athmos »

The world cup has reached Middle-Earth. Beware!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8JGhoVy ... r_embedded
Panda

Post by Panda »

Master-Athmos wrote:The world cup has reached Middle-Earth. Beware!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8JGhoVy ... r_embedded
:lol:
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

NL just owned brazil

go oranje :)))))))

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”