My head hurts! Damn logic game - Page 3

My head hurts! Damn logic game

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Re: My head hurts! Damn logic game

Post by SwiftSpear »

KDR_11k wrote:
SwiftSpear wrote:I would love a sequel to this game.
Hm, does that mean you beat the Metatron?
I haven't beaten everything, but I can think of alot of simpler puzzles and variations that could be made. Sequel doesn't have to mean new insanely difficult puzzles.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

If anyone wants help on something I've already finished, or can help me on the ones I haven't yet completed.

I'd prefer tips for algorithms to use as opposed to blatant solutions.
Attachments
manufac.jpg
(55.29 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

I have a solution for move all blues to the front (Rocket Plane).

The machine is split into two separate parts.

The first part reads and writes the string once. It compares adjacent dots. If a dot is red and the next dot is blue these two dots are swapped, if the dots are any other configuration they are written as read. Once the string is read once it is passed to the second part.

The second part is a simple check for any blue dots occurring after red dots. If there are blue dots after red the string is sent back to the first part, if not the robot is sent into the exit hatch.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Google_Frog wrote:I have a solution for move all blues to the front (Rocket Plane).

The machine is split into two separate parts.

The first part reads and writes the string once. It compares adjacent dots. If a dot is red and the next dot is blue these two dots are swapped, if the dots are any other configuration they are written as read. Once the string is read once it is passed to the second part.

The second part is a simple check for any blue dots occurring after red dots. If there are blue dots after red the string is sent back to the first part, if not the robot is sent into the exit hatch.
I did this, I could only make it work for strings with odd numbers of dots. I finally solved that puzzle, what I did:

Write all blue dots blue, write all red dots yellow. Check if all blue dots are before all yellow dots, if not, add a blue dot to the beginning of the string and remove the next blue dot that is after a yellow dot, then repeat the string from the check.

At the end, just rewrite all yellow dots to red.

Hint: use green dots to mark the beginning and end of a string.
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

Any hints for the addition (output = input + 1)? I can't get it to work in reasonable space. :(
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I did that by using yellows as 2s.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Teutooni wrote:Any hints for the addition (output = input + 1)? I can't get it to work in reasonable space. :(
It's a binary adder. If the last item in the result is zero make it one, if the last item in the result is one, mark it as yellow and run the loop again until you find the last item to be zero, mark that zero as a one, and then mark all the yellow marked ones as zero.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Woo, software update purges everyone's game!
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Hm, doesn't look like there are any new levels.
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

Here's devblog with changelog.
Official page.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Aha, found a solution for Police! (putting yellow in middle of an even string). I added a yellow after every red/blue except the last one, checked to see if there was more than one yellow, and if there was I removed the first and last yellow and repeated until there was only one yellow dot left.

My machine was probably very inefficient but eh it worked (machine here)
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

That's an interesting solution of Police, I found a completely different one.

My solution counts how many dots into the string the yellow dot should be placed. Initially a green dot is placed before every second red/blue dot so that the number of green dots is how many dots in the yellow dot should be placed, yellow is placed at the end. For example: (X = red/blue)
XXXXXXXX turns into GXXGXXGXXGXXY

Spaces adjacent red/blue dots then have yellow dots inserted between them, every time this happens a green do is removed. When the yellow dot at the end is to be removed the correct location for the final yellow do has been reached. So:
GXXGXXGXXGXXY turns into GXY XY XY XY XXXX

Then this is manipulated to place the final yellow at the yellow without a yellow 2 dots after it and the string is set to start at the first green dot.

(Machine)
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I placed a yellow at the beginning and one at the end and moved the first backward and the second forward until they met in the middle.
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

I have Judiciary! and Engineers! left. Haven't even tried those two yet couse they seem complicated.

It was interesting how fast I was able to pass all other levels after game restarted. I reached previous state in 30min or so and then solved more than before without any real hassle.
I guess one gets used to game's logic eventually.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Engineers is easy, Judiciary is easy if you've done Police already (I used the Police algorithm as a starting point).

BTW, you unlock extra stages after you reach the game's ending.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”