Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 295

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Cremuss

Re: Random WIP

Post by Cremuss »

JohannesH wrote:
AF wrote:People would be sorely dissapointed if TA 2 was just TA 1 with some extra polygons
You mean you will be... And anything with Spring is hugely different from TA anyways. Everything has been already changed EXCEPT the models :regret:

Though it cannot be too similar to any game using old models, with remakes like that. Unit sizes are different, solar doesnt fold in (i think?), firepoints will be assigned to different places, barrels are diff length... Everything will work a bit different and theres no way around it when using new models. And for that reason I might prefer for BA (&others) to stay as they are, or with very faithful remake models - to preserve the gameplay, so it's always possible to play a game like that as well.

Then make a brand new game with these new style models, though I wont mind if it's mostly built on the balance of an existing TA mod. Then you have more liberty to add some unit, remove others, and make some other slight changes.
That's exactly what I'm thinking :)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

hah he trashed my point, then made my point again lol
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i guessed everything besides mex and mms, these glowing one reminds me metal makers more, and these on the left, look like mines :D but w/e, still sex
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Luckily wombat is saying everything I am saying, and using a picture of my face to do so, so I hardly need to post anymore <3 wombat. +1 to everything and cremus is a god. Too bad you are putting your models into a game like ba instead of make a new awesome game.
Masure

Post by Masure »

About color scheme, what do you think about metal makers glowing yellow + red as they work with energy and metal. Kinda obvious but it would serve pure logic.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Tribulex wrote:Luckily wombat is saying everything I am saying, and using a picture of my face to do so, so I hardly need to post anymore <3 wombat. +1 to everything and cremus is a god. Too bad you are putting your models into a game like ba instead of make a new awesome game.
Stop lying to yourself you love BA, you think it's the best thing since color TV.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Wow. That A10 looks fabulous so far. Awesome work wolf!
Cremuss

Post by Cremuss »

Tribulex > Actually I'm not thinking of putting them in BA, even if I could, but in a game highly inspired by BA with new features. I have time to think about that anyway, cause I don't have the lua skills needed to do that alone and there is a long way to go before having a chance to make it real.

Masure > The red glowing on mex is an idea I had, like the metal is being melted while extracted and is burning due to very high temperatures. It's not a big deal if you want to put red glowing on metal makers anyway but it's probably too late for me to tweak mines :-)
Again, I don't want to be a dictator here and to impose my guidelines. It's fine if you, or other artist, wants to follow them but plz don't impose them :mrgreen:

Wolf-In-Exile > nice, I'm looking for the next update :)
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Love your work as always crem.

Do they have moving parts? The wind and mohomex looks like they might, but otherwise, not.

Its nice to have something that moves or animates to demonstrate the units use or function. This can also be achieved by lua effects, like glowing heat rising off something (as on CA's mexes) etc. Even storages that fill/empty as your storage does (i've never seen this done, but want to do it for CA at some point).

Anyway, CA would love to use some of these where appropriate when/if you release them, though we are almost capped out on staticy buildings. What people rarely make are factories (Except for yours, which we are using!).
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Saktoth wrote:Even storages that fill/empty as your storage does (i've never seen this done, but want to do it for CA at some point).

Supreme commander 1 had this for both energy and metal storages. Elements of the storages rose and lowered as the storage capacity filled.
Master-Athmos

Post by Master-Athmos »

Silos in C&C always showed the used capacity too...
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

I think he meant 'done on the Spring engine'.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

anyone enjoy animating?
Attachments
animating.jpg
animating.jpg (79.1 KiB) Viewed 4050 times
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

lol

*pass
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Guessmyname wrote:I think he meant 'done on the Spring engine'.
GINTA had the oil drill's storage tank fill and empty depending on the amount of oil it had stored up.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

bobthedinosaur wrote:anyone enjoy animating?
Looks like something for CarRepairers game :P
Redd

Post by Redd »

hullo, first post.. been lurking long enough

a scout-roadster-type thing and a tank. 1st needs lots of work, 2nd needs new camo.. that will be fun..
corp_scout_ubertank.JPG
(48.61 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Cremuss wrote:Hello :)
WIP of a units pack I'm starting to do, to hopefully make BA2 (one day :roll: )
Those are juicy :) completely pro looking
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Welcome redd!
I like both units, they have a nice style. The texturing does need work, but your making great progress!
Wolf-In-Exile

Post by Wolf-In-Exile »

Cremuss wrote: Wolf-In-Exile > nice, I'm looking for the next update :)
Thanks man, i'm a fan of your work. :mrgreen:
bobthedinosaur wrote:Wow. That A10 looks fabulous so far. Awesome work wolf!
Grazie, update:
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

wolf: oh my. lovely shading. can't wait to see more.

redd: nice tank, but why does it have a single track?

Return to “Art & Modelling”