Random WIP 2006-2011 - Page 292

Random WIP 2006-2011

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

MElvinVM

Re: Random WIP

Post by MElvinVM »

Wombat, do you model and randomly see how something turns out?
If you model, first think of what you make and how you are going to do it, perhaps draw some things.

On the other hand, instead of remaking arm or core things, perhaps start on your own race? It might be a good idea.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

MElvinVM wrote:Wombat, do you model and randomly see how something turns out?
If you model, first think of what you make and how you are going to do it, perhaps draw some things.

On the other hand, instead of remaking arm or core things, perhaps start on your own race? It might be a good idea.
im not good at drawing and thats why i upload pics here, so someone else can point out things i didnt notice, right ? >>
MElvinVM

Post by MElvinVM »

are you going to use these models for something or are you just modelling randomly for fun?

Drawing is hard, we all know that, but randomly modelling and then hoping its good isn't working out when you're making a mod or something, as for texturing, yes its hard 8) but makes a single person a lot more useful in a mod or something similar.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Wombat wrote:im not good at drawing and thats why i upload pics here, so someone else can point out things i didnt notice, right ? >>
It's hard with just a render, a wireframe would be better.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnPFReHoaps

Just a quick vid (I say quick, uploading takes forever...) to show the bear lord finished.
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

aGorm wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnPFReHoaps

Just a quick vid (I say quick, uploading takes forever...) to show the bear lord finished.
*Changes pants*

Awesome....
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Personally I'd have gone with a) 2 smaller hand-to-hand weapons, in sheaths/scabbards. Or b) only the arm that isn't holding the halberd thing having the guns.

But either way, I'm w/ chillaaa on needing to change pants ^_^
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

skimmer

Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Very good, but the barrel is way too small. You should try uvmapping and texturing that one, here is a simple tutorial:http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23137
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Wombat wrote:
MElvinVM wrote:Wombat, do you model and randomly see how something turns out?

im not good at drawing and thats why i upload pics here, so someone else can point out things i didnt notice, right ? >>
Planning and concepting is a very important part of modeling, don't expect to progress much if you keep skipping that.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Again with the no-turret hovers? Seriously, that has real nasty gameplay effects. If Spring had a concept for units that were non-rotating (they just moved whichever direction without changing facing like a Protoss Dragoon) you could make the whole chassis into a turret and get smooth rotation. But Spring doesn't, which means turretless tanks either have to take the KP Byte approach (instant turning rate on turret) or can't really fire-while moving and are a nightmare to even support aiming up and down.
Pressure Line wrote:also, with turrets that don't rotate around the vertical axis, all i have to say is "LOL HOPE YOU LIKE TRIG!"
Huh?
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Its a bitch to script turrets that rotate off axis of vertical.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

what? this turret is vertical and fully rotatable so whats your problem O_o

but i just noticed, engine is to high, darn. easy fix tho. [fixed@pic]

@Hobo - er, no, i got concept in my mind and i dont see any reason why i should draw anything. i like my models even without concepts and thats what matters ;)

@beh - texturing/uvmapping is easy in blender and doesnt cause any problems, CREATING textures does ;_; (at least uber sexy one)
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Im confused, for me creating a models texture = texturing a model.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Beherith wrote:Its a bitch to script turrets that rotate off axis of vertical.
Oh, off _vertical_. Right. I was thinking you meant, like, off-centered weapons like the Stumpy gun... not rotating on a different axis.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

damn, i knew i didnt point out 'creating' enough
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

I still dont get the difference.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Beherith wrote:Its a bitch to script turrets that rotate off axis of vertical.
The trick is to make the axis aligned with one of the three axis in the 3do/s3o, then turn a support piece in the Create. Well, it's still night impossible to know which angle to turn the turret though.

Pressure Line wrote:Personally I'd have gone with a) 2 smaller hand-to-hand weapons, in sheaths/scabbards. Or b) only the arm that isn't holding the halberd thing having the guns.
Personnaly, I'd make him juggle the halberd to switch which hand is free to fire.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

zwzsg wrote:
Pressure Line wrote:Personally I'd have gone with a) 2 smaller hand-to-hand weapons, in sheaths/scabbards. Or b) only the arm that isn't holding the halberd thing having the guns.
Personnaly, I'd make him juggle the halberd to switch which hand is free to fire.
Would that even be possible? That sounds like it would be a bitch to script! I gave him a gun on either arm, as I (no experiance, but as a gusee based on how think it should be done) would assume that would make it easier for having an equal fire arc either side... just using the appropriot arm... I could be totaly wrong though! (and probably am!)
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Beherith wrote:I still dont get the difference.
between process of texturing and creating textures ?

Return to “Art & Modelling”