Snowboarding looks like fun...

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Master-Athmos

Post by Master-Athmos »

... from sort of a "first person view".

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1935985

Seriously - did they slow down the video speed by a lot? It looks so unreal as it seems like you're extremely long in mid-air together with sort of effortless touch downs...
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Re: Snowboarding looks like fun...

Post by KaiserJ »

its kind of hard to tell the speed, because they're using a fisheye lens and a strange perspective... tough to see the actual speed and the size of the jumps he's going off

i have a feeling that it's normal speed and then slows smoothly when he's in mid-trick; you can kind of see it when he jumps off the rail a bit later in the video. doesn't help that he's really good and super smooth and stylish!

but yeah, snowboarding is a ton of fun! (certainly one of the better methods of getting a sore ass and knees) anyone who can ride a skateboard or ski can learn it quickly
Panda

Post by Panda »

I went skiing before and saw some snowboarders. They didn't appear to be as graceful as that video makes it look.
Raghna

Post by Raghna »

Ye, he's probably slowing down the video when jumping.

Snowboarding can be loads of fun. Not as fun as the average Lan-party ofcourse, but sill consideredly big amounts of fun.
maackey

Post by maackey »

lol. I dunno that a lan party is more fun than snowboarding. Snowboarding is incredibly fun.
If you've never gone before, you might want to get some lessons with an instructor. I was like 12 when I first went and could hardly walk, let alone get off the lifts (probably the hardest part) but once I got the hang of that it's loads better than skiing imo.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

heh to be fair panda, this video has just about the smoothest snowboarding i've ever seen... he's landing corked flips without even kicking up any snow... i dont think i could ever be that good
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

This parachute snowboarder wins, imho:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqrQhtxadlo
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Snow boarding is much easier to pick up, and its safer for your leg joints. Most of the minor injures are ass related and not joint related.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Technically, this is third person view.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”