End of nations : the first MMORTS ? - Page 4

End of nations : the first MMORTS ?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Beherith

Re: End of nations : the first MMORTS ?

Post by Beherith »

Vimes, get off the high horse now.
Look at the responses from random commenters on the linked video itself.
They look like verbatim copies of the first 6 posts made here. I posted a reply to this thread in this forum about the part of the video that made the biggest impression on me.

Respected RTS developer? I would have had the same response had it been Kofi Annan looking like that and presenting himself like that.

And finally you reveal just why your crusading so - you have an axe grind as well as having a vested interest in the game's success. Bad combo, and it nullifies your credibility.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

to be fair...

-many of the people posting on this forum are fans of TA... a game from 10 years ago. if another RTS between that time and now had been released that was awesome enough to suit their needs and wants, they would likely switch over. it hasn't happened. so basically you're looking at people who have already found the particular niche that they really love and find entertaining, and have turned down other options thus far. this group is very jaded and very opinionated, and im sure we can both agree, with good reason... if you enjoy this particular type of game more than any other, spring is the place to be

-a lot of people here are hobbyist developers... and sure, they arent as willing as the video guy to put themselves on the line talking about concepts and gameplay that will occur in the future, because quite frankly people appear on this forum every week saying "oh im starting this project, it will take me x amount of hours and be the most awesome thing ever" and quite often nothing ever appears. so we are jaded against promises of awesomeness as well. the developers on here have their own formed ideas of "the perfect game" and are working on it already themselves, so its tough for them to get excited about something that doesn't fit this mold.

-there ARE kids on here, and there are also people like me who are old but also rude and abrasive. it's a small community, and like any small cannibal rainforest tribe, regardless of our personal differences we will set upon, bludgeon and devour an outsider who enters our sphere of influence. of course its nothing personal, just standard procedure as set by precedent. we are a nuclear mutant hornets nest on roids and pcp...

-why didnt they pick a girl with nice tits and a pretty face for this video? hide this dude somewhere, and make him write her script. oversights (at least in my mind its an oversight) of this kind of makes me wonder if there will be similar oversights in the actual game itself (glaring imbalances etc)

- but hell, like i said, if its cool i'll play it.
==Troy==

Post by ==Troy== »

Vimes wrote:Are you blind?

Seven posts followed the OP from your community discussing a respected RTS developer like kids.

Two posts then followed showing a hugely blinkered dismissive view based on lack of fact. ie the continued mention of lack of PvP when I have pointed out the core role of PvP within the game.

Then I post two posts - both very mild and tongue in cheek.

Then things did hot up - mostly after YOUR post.

Rest is history really... I try n return on topic and I get folk wading in trying to please the community with my head. LOL. None are capable of that :p

Best course of action for you is to stop posting in this thread and attempting to provocate the community any further than what you already did.

Edit : missed the top 2 posts due to reloading page and not noticing that this has gone further than I expected.
Last edited by ==Troy== on 24 May 2010, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
Regret

Post by Regret »

KaiserJ wrote:fans of TA... a game from 10 years ago.
"created by Cavedog Entertainment and released on September 30, 1997"
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

tru dat, boyee
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

I just wonder... When the fatso says they're taking in "everything they love about RTS games", what things he means specifically... Building sim city & big explosions?
Vimes

Post by Vimes »

Beherith wrote:Vimes, get off the high horse now.
Look at the responses from random commenters on the linked video itself.
They look like verbatim copies of the first 6 posts made here. I posted a reply to this thread in this forum about the part of the video that made the biggest impression on me.

Respected RTS developer? I would have had the same response had it been Kofi Annan looking like that and presenting himself like that.

And finally you reveal just why your crusading so - you have an axe grind as well as having a vested interest in the game's success. Bad combo, and it nullifies your credibility.
Nice edits there - try and mark them please or I might think you are being underhand.

Your response reflects more on you than him. This is early alpha and they are putting the word out n getting on a few lists. Seems sensical to me. Plus - are you really saying you would swallow the evony line? :shock:

Axe to grind - nah - was hoping for some decent discussion like on other rts boards and communities but kaiser3 hit the nail on the head really and I should just expect this. You repeatedly cite this diminishes my opinions and value but fail to see how the same occurs with ths board. I can take your flames and burn you with them but I dont cry about it. If you wish to discuss without flaming I can go there too. This threads course was dictated by 9 of your community.

Whats my vested interest though? I run a website devoted to the whole genre, good or bad, primarily to counter the mmorpg bias and get more players for the genre as it is somewhat dependant. You and johnny one m8 can play spring ans have a game but we need hundreds or the grind and griefing begin unchecked by momenteum.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Im locking this thread, since it has degraded into trolling, personal attacks and bigoted nonsense.

If anyone feels like they want to discuss the game itself, feel free to.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”