I'm legit gangsta now!

I'm legit gangsta now!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

I'm legit gangsta now!

Post by SwiftSpear »

So, I locked my keys into my car today, a chrysler cirrus 96. After watching some "how to slim jim" videos online I was able to manually override the lock with a coat hanger!

Man, I should jack cars for a living. Screw computer science, I can unlock a car with no keys! RAWR!
Gota

Re: I'm legit gangsta now!

Post by Gota »

SwiftSpear wrote:So, I locked my keys into my car today, a chrysler cirrus 96. After watching some "how to slim jim" videos online I was able to manually override the lock with a coat hanger!

Man, I should jack cars for a living. Screw computer science, I can unlock a car with no keys! RAWR!
Welcome to level 2.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

that's great, if you were a gangster 14 years ago.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

I learned this from our teacher when I was 10
It doesnt work on all newer cars though, I would think... But then theres always this method to fall back on
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

bobthedinosaur wrote:that's great, if you were a gangster 14 years ago.
Apparently the method will work on any car with a vertical lock mechanism (so the lock is up and down on the door). Doesn't cover all new cars, but there's alot of cars that still use that kind of a system.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

if you're ever stranded far from home, break into a "corsica"... a stiff pull or kick to the underside of the door handle, then remove the lock cylinder with a pen cap
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Random man: Ya lock yer keys in the car?

Swifty: Nope! Just washed it, gonna hang it up to dry!
Panda

Post by Panda »

I used to lock myself out of the house and my locker at school a lot in middle school so I figured out how to pick all of the locks in my house and how to unlock a combination locks. I got tired of having to climb up the side of the wall to the house to go through the bathroom window and the locks in my house were not difficult to pick. I always figured that learning how to do that is just a result of repeatedly forgetting your keys and combination, but I don't remember how to do that anymore.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I recently locked my keys in my truck while picking up lumber, and I am sad to say that I was unable to get in, due to a lack of convenient metal implements. However, upon paying an obscene fee for a third party to open the vehicle, I decided to acquire the various implements necessary for the different sorts of keyed cars.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Yeah, paying a lot for someone to come up and jimmy your door is a kick in the balls.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Its alway the same with moderators, once they tasted the power, it takes a period of time and then the powercraze works its way into reallife. I can not think of no reason, why swiftspear should not have the prefect overright, to seaze any car at will and ban anyone by keylock from using his car for ┬┤rollin and addvertising. No more reallife-GTA, sheriff swiftspear is out there.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

bobthedinosaur wrote:Yeah, paying a lot for someone to come up and jimmy your door is a kick in the balls.
That blew my mind - I had coverage (it was a company car), so I didn't give a crap... but still, I was expecting some dude to come with an advanced tool sent by the dealership. When he came out with a slim-jim I nearly pissed myself laughing. He couldn't even do it with the internal mechanism, he just used an assembly of paper, string, and hooks to pull the lock open by sliding crap through the window and hooking the actual manual lock switch.
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

I simply started carrying an extra key in my wallet.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

People used to pay me to do this. I preferred the bottle opener + paperclip method since its more universal and fits into my purse
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I like this moment to withdraw and scrap my uttered opinion that games do not change the psychology & mind of gamers. GTA ran over it, and left this topic as a skidmark to remember.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

you're about as gangsta as this
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Can't you see the brother has flow?
Gota

Post by Gota »

rattle wrote:Image
you're about as gangsta as this
Any more of this awesome?
Id love to see the full clip if there is one.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

i don't even understand how you can lock keys inside anything ... here you can't lock things without the key ... well you can in a car but if you lock your car that way you're an idiot
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

You cant push down the putton at the driver's door

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”