General Election - Derailed into religion, morality and life

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Preferably, I'd start a poll but apparently they're broken so meh.
Just make a post with the party you'd wish to vote for, even if they aren't standing or you're eligible to vote. Also, a small (Or long) statement about why you would vote for them would be useful.

I myself would vote BNP or UKIP because I think immigration is one of Britain's biggest issues right now. Also, I've read a fair amount of the BNP's manifesto and I agree with more of their policies than any of the other party's. So I'd probably give BNP a tick in the box.
Last edited by Jazcash on 07 May 2010, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
Das Bruce

Re: General Election

Post by Das Bruce »

I don't know enough to vote, but when is the actual election date?
pintle

Post by pintle »

Election is today.

I think the BNP are hate filled racists, and their latest farcical stab at legitimacy should not be misinterpreted: they are a party of hate politics, manipulating fear and disinformation to feed the careers of a clique of power-mongers. They are not a viable democratic choice.

I will not undermine UKIP because their manifesto is so lol that I don't have to.

Lib Dems= No more Trident, and PR. I honestly don't see great things coming from them, but they are way way better than the alternative.

It will be a hung parliament anyway.... is it indicative of the failings of democracy that I'm praying for a hung parliament as the best outcome, purely because it means that the tories will not be in power? :<
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Trident is the missile system right? But what do you mean by PR?
is it indicative of the failings of democracy that I'm praying for a hung parliament as the best outcome
No, perhaps a failing of your particular brand or just your disappointment with the current offerings.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Das Bruce wrote:Trident is the missile system right? But what do you mean by PR?
is it indicative of the failings of democracy that I'm praying for a hung parliament as the best outcome
No, perhaps a failing of your particular brand or just your disappointment with the current offerings.
Trident is our NUX yes, PR= proportional representation, massive electoral reform, kinda the principle the party was formed under.

Just voted Lib Dem
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Right, I've heard a bit about that, sounds like they were going to get fucked over by the current system.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

tombom

Post by tombom »

I voted Lib Dem national and Green local. I feel a bit bad about voting Lib Dem instead of Green for MP, it's a massively safe tory seat so it wouldn't have mattered :(
Sausage

Post by Sausage »

lib dem will win
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

You would vote BNP.

Sorry, are you spasticated?
"corporal punishment for petty criminals and vandals"
And have you noticed the terrorist holding an RPG in the Immigration picture?
Its a racist organisation lead by a narrow-minded delusional pig.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Sucky_Lord wrote: "corporal punishment for petty criminals and vandals"
That's another reason which lead me to supporting them. Capital and corporal punishment are needed in this country to keep people in order. It's like a child, you don't discipline them, their morals run corrupt and they do whatever the hell they want.

Being put in prison for a few years for murder is not a served sentence.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/poli ... 663681.stm

all BNP members deserve to get spat on.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

So to discipline your children you plan to have them killed?

Our justice system is based on reform. Learn about the country before spewing ugly shit around.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Otherside wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/poli ... 663681.stm

all BNP members deserve to get spat on.
Go BNP I say. If somebody spat on me I'd be quite obliged to punch them in the face. The majority of kids (Mainly from UK) don't deserve to be taken seriously.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

voted lib dem;

labour have been in too long and are not innovative, conservative plan to sink shitloads of money into our nuclear defence budget, bmp/ukip would have no idea how to run the country if they made it to power, and greenparty never get seats so its a wasted vote
forest_devil

Post by forest_devil »

would vote lib dem.

but i want labour to win this one. and conservatives the one after.

i like lib dem but i dont hold much hope for them to win yet. and whilst i think the conservatives will cut the deficit they will cause alot of unemployment i think. so would prefer labour for now until the economy is safer (globally)
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Sucky_Lord wrote:So to discipline your children you plan to have them killed?

Our justice system is based on reform. Learn about the country before spewing ugly shit around.
Don't be ridiculous. You're probably one of those politically correct 'tards who worship health and safety and think the world should be made of candy and everything should be free.

The BNP only believe capital punishment should be dealt to serious criminals such as rapists and murders. If you feel sympathy for these kind of people then you're the who needs to learn about life before spewing your ugly comments around.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

All take heed of Jaz's extensive life experience!
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

JohannesH wrote:All take heed of Jaz's extensive life experience!
Feeling sympathy for criminals comes with age! "You'll get used to it son."
forest_devil

Post by forest_devil »

Jazcash wrote:The BNP only believe capital punishment should be dealt to serious criminals such as rapists and murders
yeh. and how many people will suddenly be caught raping and murdering if they get into power? lots and lots of muslims etc etc.

read on how hitler came to power.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”